View Poll Results: How do you feel about current car design trends? (Especially sports cars)

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bigger is better, regardless of weight/efficiency. As long as there is more power.

10 11.24%
  • I miss the old days of sports car design. Gimme a Lotus Elise anyday

61 68.54%
  • I don't particularly care, as long as cars still work.

10 11.24%
  • Yo. My Cavalier is tHa best/fastest caR evAr.

8 8.99%

Thread: The demise of small cars...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The demise of small cars...

Personally, I'm currently seeing a contining trend of making cars bigger and bigger. I just pre-production renderings of the Golf V and noticed that it looked at least 30% larger than the current model. It doesn't stop there, either... nearly every manufacturer (including many sports car companies) is beefing up the size and weight of their vehicle lineups.

So here's the question: What do you think? I love small cars, and I don't think I'll ever buy anything bigger than the size of an Altima, and prefferably, a fair bit smaller. I recently saw a new MR2 Spyder (Washington liscence plate, they don't sell them in Canada) which, to my great admiration, was pretty damn tiny I'm seriously considering saving up and buying one south of the border as soon as possible.

Anyway, back on track: The roots of true sports cars (size/weight/power) are being lost, and I consider this a bad thing. What do you prefer? Do you guys like the direction that car size and design is heading in?
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 07-19-2003 at 05:03 PM.

Thread Information