Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 German Grand Prix

Great win from Webber. Brawn really need to get their act together or else Newey will once again deliver a championship.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Yyou little beauty mark,
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Mark's reaction over the radio was brilliant.. unintelligible hollering and whooping. Pretty much what I was doing too..

Great race for Webber, just proving Sebastien isn't the wonder kid everyone said he was. Totally deserved! Was hopping for a win for some time and it finally came

you little rippa webber !

He tried to lose the race at the first corner, paid hes time in the pits, and nothing could stop him. Good on him done himself so proud, and us.

Something special hearing Advance Australia Fair play and that flag in the middle. Been way to long.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    I don't think Brawn can catch up. Now that they no longer have Honda's backing, they must be hurting. Red Bull has way more resources. It would really surprise me if Brawn would be a force again next year.
    More likely, they want be a force even by the end of the year if other teams and not only RBR keep updating the package.

Brawn declared they are holding some money, and will decide if spending them on this year's car or on the next year one only after Budapest (a weird place to reach with a lot of spare money...), where they will bring new wings and a different bonnet as well.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

it has played out as i kinda expected it would with Brawn. a good start, but they haven't kept up with development. i hope they pick it up, and bring some competition to RBR, but it is nice to see vettel and webber doing so well.

And cheers to Webber on a fantastic drive from qualy through the race. well done and congrats.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

great show of endurance and commitment from webber. a great guy that deserved a win more than anyone else on the grid today and has done for quite some time. really enjoyed the race weekend to be honest. full of action and changes. several leaders throughout the race with the potential to take the full 10 points. so frustrating for rubens. totally understand his outbreak in the interview after the race where he questioned his team and said they showed us how to lose a race. he drove very well. and had the stewards decision on his side. yet a few minor set backs turned into an overall loss for him. this guy deserves a breakthrough it has to be said. And what can I say about lewis.. blistering start with the KERS winding his way through to the front row. The one mistake I think he made was that he probably made progress quicker than even he expected and saw the gap to try to swing around webber to try to steal first place. Not predicting the fact that rubens had the exact same idea on the right hand side, webber bouncing over to the left after touching rubens and clipping lewis' rear tyre. Overall over enthusiasm in his attack really. But thats what we like to see. He has nothing to lose afterall. Great season so far!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpkO4iJmlKY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Mark Webber Wins His 1st Grand Prix[/ame]
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

If Braun has left over money, they should spend it this year. Because next year is too late. The red bulls are coming.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Next year they might not have much money though, thats why they want to use some of the left over Honda money from this year.
    I am the Stig

****ing beauty!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

next year they aren't likely to have the head start they did this year. they should just try to win the title and get more money that way......
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    next year they aren't likely to have the head start they did this year. they should just try to win the title and get more money that way......
    Yes but what sponsor can match the resources of the major manufacturers. Williams has also suffered the same fate. Bang for buck they have probably built the best cars in the most recent seasons but with little to show for it. Will there still be a budget cap next year?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

well the theory is that FOTA should still have self imposed cap for $100 Mil Euro....

In Williams' situation it didn't help that they have no results to speak of after being dropped by BMW(and tbh they have more problem than budget IMO, strategically they've been under-utilizing their car), if Brawn can manage to win this year's title it should make getting sponsor easier....corporate needs something to sell, being the "best of the rest" does not inspire that....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information