Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What cell/mobile phone do you own?

What cell/mobile phone do you own?

Hey guys, I did a search and I didn´t find a similar thread. I read the G4 iPhone thread and it got me wondering.

What mobile phones do you guys own? Why did you choose that particular phone and what do you use it for besides making and recieving calls? What apps do you use the most and what apps do you wish it had if any? Any gripes on the phone you have?

Will you be upgrading or are you happy with what you´ve got?

I´ll start. I have a BlackBerry 8530. I use it mainly for business. The most important app for me is the e-mail client, BlackBerry Messenger, MSN Messenger and I want to download Skype on it.

I wish the camara had a flash and if it a had a touch screen it would be perfect as far as I´m concerned. It came with a 2GB micro SD card and I´ve upgraded it to 32 GB.

I also use the music app alot. It syncs with iTunes no problem. Since it has a 3.5 milimeter head set jack, the sound from the head set is very good.

The screen is bright and sharp. So it´s just fine for viewing pics and videos. And it has a built it YouTube player.

I also use it to keep up with my FaceBook page. My only gripe about this phone is the battery life. I often have to recharge it half way through the day. I´m thinking on upgrading to the Storm, but later on. I just got the 8530 26 days ago.

What about you guys?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

LG something with touchscreen. At first it was annoying, but now I'm used to it. I only use phones for calls and texting and I'm not good technology. And I chose it because it was free.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I have a Samsung something, I can make phonecalls, and that is where it ends, apart from some rudimentary texting like :OK
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I have a Samsung something, I can make phonecalls, and that is where it ends, apart from some rudimentary texting like :OK
    My Nokia can also fall apart just looking at it.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    My Nokia can also fall apart just looking at it.
    I have no problems with the quality of the phone, but with the quality of my phoning....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I have no problems with the quality of the phone, but with the quality of my phoning....
    I suppose we have the same issue then. That new function of my Nokia is probably the result of that.
    Well, the phone quality is awful too, but that's not the point now.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I had a Samsung that broke when it fell from a table. This LG is quite strong though, and that's a good thing.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I got a SonyEriccson W595 for about a year now. Soon I need to start looking for a new phone as the battery is slowly getting worse The keys are also not working as they should and the screen has allready been replaced!

I have a Nokia 6300. It's a 'just a phone' phone, but it's very good at being just a phone.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Currently an iPhone 3G 16Gb white. Soon to be replaced with an HTC Legend.

Prior to that I had a Sony Ericsson K850i, Nokia N93, Sony Ericsson V630i, Nokia 6670... I've got about 13 phones floating about my room somewhere
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

A Samsung something too. It was a free phone with activation, and it's a dumb phone. I don't need a smart phone, nor am I willing to put up with AT&T anyway to get an IPhone.

I'm under T-Mobile though, which is a pretty good provider. The battery life is terrible though. With infrequent usage, I used to leave it always on for about 5 days and it'd be fine. Now the battery barely lasts 2 days. I've even changed a battery, it's still terrible. Granted, I've been using this phone for almost 4 years now. And it takes a beating too. I've dropped it many times onto carpet from the 2nd floor of the house to the 1st.

I have to say I´m somewhat surprised. I thought you guys would be more into smartphones for some reason. Let´s see what other members say.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

i own a blackberry storm 2 and it is a complete and total piece of crap and I would never wish it upon my worst enemy. It freezes on the reg, when its not freezing its not working very well, its slow, unresponsive, its a crappy music player, it wont sync with my apply computers, it sucks as a "phone" (ie, making phone calls and talking on it). It is okay at internetting, but sometimes sites come up blank on it.

However, it is amazing at linking with my work and personal e mails. For e mailing and doing other "business" stuff its great. Everyone else at my firm has all kinds of problems with their phones getting their office e mails, but not mine. the calendar is also good. And the camera is very nice!
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    i own a blackberry storm 2 and it is a complete and total piece of crap and I would never wish it upon my worst enemy. It freezes on the reg, when its not freezing its not working very well, its slow, unresponsive, its a crappy music player, it wont sync with my apply computers, it sucks as a "phone" (ie, making phone calls and talking on it). It is okay at internetting, but sometimes sites come up blank on it.
    Hmmm, I´m surprised to hear that it freezes on you. My 8530 has a slower proccessor and less RAM than the Strom 2 and it has never frozen up on me and the OS is quite fast. I also have the same music player as you do and it works and sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    However, it is amazing at linking with my work and personal e mails. For e mailing and doing other "business" stuff its great. Everyone else at my firm has all kinds of problems with their phones getting their office e mails, but not mine. the calendar is also good. And the camera is very nice!
    Yep same here I have two biz e-mail accounts and two personal accounts and it links with them no problem. Same can be said for the FaceBook app.

Maybe you just got a lemon? I have a friend that has a Strom2 and his works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    I have to say I´m somewhat surprised. I thought you guys would be more into smartphones for some reason. Let´s see what other members say.
    I guess most members here just want a device good at being a phone. The rest is probably too high-tech.

Why i don't have a smart phone? Simply because it will be broken in two weeks time. My phone have to endure quite a lot, so i try to get good/simple phones. Why should you need to brag about a device..

Thread Information