Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > Racing forums

Old 08-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Furniture

Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4
he did not touch with Fisi. And using the the opportunities of the track to keep somebody behind you is not forbidden either. Just ask David Coulhard and Enrique Bernoldi....
He did, his left front wing was broken as a result.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

UK
Send a message via MSN to Jack_Bauer
Quote:
such as?
In his battle with De la Rosa he cut the chicane, then appeared to do the sporting thing by slowing offline to let him past. He then changed his mind and swerved toward the apex just as Pedro was moving past. Firstly, he gained an advantage by cutting the chicane so he should've yielded anyway by law, and secondly it was a very dangerous and unecessary manoeuvre which could easily have ended both their races.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Supporting Member

Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
In his battle with De la Rosa he cut the chicane, then appeared to do the sporting thing by slowing offline to let him past. He then changed his mind and swerved toward the apex just as Pedro was moving past. Firstly, he gained an advantage by cutting the chicane so he should've yielded anyway by law, and secondly it was a very dangerous and unecessary manoeuvre which could easily have ended both their races.
You are only supposed to give up your position if you gain it by overtaking via cutting the chicane. You are not obliged to give it away after cutting the chicane....
Old 08-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Supporting Member

Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer
He did, his left front wing was broken as a result.
as far as I remember loosing the wing came from a contact with Heidfeld
Old 08-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Rookie

Belgium
I'm with Jack Bauer.

MS couldn't keep up with De La Rosa, he was just slowing him down. Wich became very clear afther De La Rosa passed him and drove away.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Supporting Member

Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS
I'm with Jack Bauer.

MS couldn't keep up with De La Rosa, he was just slowing him down. Wich became very clear afther De La Rosa passed him and drove away.
of course, but de la Rosa was slower on the straight, and again you are allowed to prevent people from passing, again see Couthard and Bernoldi.....
Old 08-06-2006, 08:57 AM

Tampere
IMO Schumacher had some pretty close situations blocking others but nothing worth mentioning. My memory tells too that he lost his front wing in contact with Heidfeld, by what I think was an accident due to Michael losing grip. Anyway his and Fisichella's tires hit eachother earlier in the race too.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

UK
Send a message via MSN to Jack_Bauer
Quote:
You are only supposed to give up your position if you gain it by overtaking via cutting the chicane. You are not obliged to give it away after cutting the chicane....
Well from what I saw there is an argument that De La Rosa was ahead of Michael at the moment he left the circuit. They were at the very least alongside each other.

And secondly, I was under the impression that the rule reads that if a driver is deemed to have "gained an advantage" he must yield, not just if he overtakes by cutting the track. There's no doubt that had Schumacher attempted to stay on the track he would've lost the position so he clearly gained a big advantage by going off track.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Furniture

Barcelona
Quote:
as far as I remember loosing the wing came from a contact with Heidfeld
I thought it was Fisichella, but I'm not sure now. Still the chicane action was pathetic for a man that has won the championship 7 times.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Supporting Member

Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
I thought it was Fisichella, but I'm not sure now. Still the chicane action was pathetic for a man that has won the championship 7 times.
this is no childs play...
Old 08-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Supporting Member

Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
Well from what I saw there is an argument that De La Rosa was ahead of Michael at the moment he left the circuit. They were at the very least alongside each other.

And secondly, I was under the impression that the rule reads that if a driver is deemed to have "gained an advantage" he must yield, not just if he overtakes by cutting the track. There's no doubt that had Schumacher attempted to stay on the track he would've lost the position so he clearly gained a big advantage by going off track.
Could it not be that he could not have stayed on the track because de la Rosa forced him out of it?
Old 08-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Furniture

Barcelona
Quote:
this is no childs play...
Yes, but there's no need to cut the chicane. If someone overtakes you because he's faster you have to live with it. Apparently Schumacher can't.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Supporting Member

Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Yes, but there's no need to cut the chicane. If someone overtakes you because he's faster you have to live with it. Apparently Schumacher can't.
see my post above....
Old 08-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Furniture

Barcelona
Quote:
see my post above....
I don't think that was the case. And it could be the case once, but not three times.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Supporting Member

Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
I don't think that was the case. And it coulde the case once, but not three times.
why not?