Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with street racing?

Plus property damage is always a factor...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Plus property damage is always a factor...
    Yes, I'd like to see the insurance policy that would cover you crashing into someone's house whilst drag racing
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Tracks are for racing, streets are for travelling - it really is as simple as that. When you pile off a track you hit a barrier, when you prang on the road you hits someone's house, car, business or child.

It's idiotic, pointless (particularly given the number of facilities made available for quick driving in a legal, controlled environment) and is practiced by people that shouldn't be on the road anyway.

The most important thing is that people other than drivers who die during a street race are innocent bystanders, people other than drivers who die at a track event shouldn't have been there.

A track is for cars, the street is for everyone - show some f*cking respect.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

"Whats wrong with streetracing?" Is the question that is posed for our contemplation here are my opinions on the matter, welcomed or not.

1. Innocents... which really cant count since innocent and guilty is all a matter of timing/circumstance, after-all, dont tell a judge that though.

2. Street conditions suck (no matter what state)... especially in Arizona where some illegal and/or jagoff probably didnt tie down their load properly on the way to the dump and you could have a muffler or water pump sitting around the next "innocent" you just passed.... but then again you COULD invest your money into enough robotic or genetics research to allow that frog the wings that keep its ass from slamming into the ground everytime it jumps.

3. Most street races are a spur of the moment thing... which biophysically makes it a bad enough idea and not to mention the lightest of MOST vehicles weighs over 2000lbs, thats A LOT of done crunching (not to mention meat tenderizing) metal to put in the control of some pimple faced dipshit whos' hormones are raging to begin with.

4. Police/Laws... The po-po frown apon that sort of thing usually in the form of hefty tickets... not to mention the fee associated with the removal of your car from the impound, if you didnt wreck it, that is, which brings on a completely different (and MUCH longer) cost sheet.

Im the new guy by the way. This stuff makes much more sense in my head... kinda like street racing. Butt thats just my opinion, which means it doesnt amount to anything in the grand scale of things.
    -jakt
    Hurdle the weak and trample the dead. -running forum

GAY IS NOT OKAY!! Say it in a rhythmic chanting fashion... then all that is good with the world will be in the palm of your hand. -Me

The question is:"What's wrong with street racing?".
    My answer: Nothing that executing the d*ckheads that do it and those who watch and encourage them wouldn't solve.
    One death from something that is avoidable is one too many. My wife teaches at a high school here in Brisbane, one Monday morning the staff had to deal with telling the senior students of the deaths of two of their colleagues killed in an illegal street race. One of the boys was thrown clear of the wreck and died in the arms of nearby resident. The trauma and grief that resonates through communities because this kind of mind-numbing stupid behaviour should serve as a warning to particpants.
    It beggars belief that some people consider it an acceptable practice.
    Last edited by blackhonda; 09-15-2006 at 08:00 PM.
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

Motorsport; the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

The scream of Vtec

All street racing proves is who's willing to go faster weaving in and out of traffic. The stupider you are the more you win.

Take it to the track. Besides, you don't get time slips racing on the street.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

street racing is unbelievably stupid. but in PEI i think there is this annual street race that governemnt allows, but its mostly vintage cars, i think

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001
    street racing is unbelievably stupid. but in PEI i think there is this annual street race that governemnt allows, but its mostly vintage cars, i think
    Ummm do you mean Targa Newfoundland?

i totally agree with everything said here last year i did a speech on street racing and why it should have more strict punishments. and from the numbers from my speech i can tell you alot more than sixty deaths have occured in california alone in 04. and i think street racing is portrayed as whats cool and its not. im only 16 i just got my license a month ago and im a terrible driver, not becuase i dont know how to drive, because i do know how to drive and on a empty area designated for it( my aunt lives in the dessert of cali and she has two dune buggys we race when we go out there)but becuase i just dont have the experience of driving on the street cause ive been driving since i was in 5th grade at my aunts house. so i agree stick to the track

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    All street racing proves is who's willing to go faster weaving in and out of traffic. The stupider you are the more you win.

Take it to the track. Besides, you don't get time slips racing on the street.
    Thats kinda the point of racing on the street so the competors dont know what they run. This isnt fast and the furious street racing where talking about racing on closed down streets.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    Thats kinda the point of racing on the street so the competors dont know what they run. This isnt fast and the furious street racing where talking about racing on closed down streets.
    You make no sense at all just to let you know.

supporting members pwn

So not knowing how fast your car is, is better than knowing how fast your car is?
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    What I meant was the point of street racing is the suprise of not knowing what the other cars run. Not many real street races are weaving in and out of traffic

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    You make no sense at all just to let you know.

supporting members pwn
    I know my posts turn into shit at night. Wow I read threw that again it was complete shit sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    So not knowing how fast your car is, is better than knowing how fast your car is?
    The guys who are big in to streetracing tune there cars and setups at the track. When you take your car to tech you check no time on the checklist and it wont show your time after the run.
    Last edited by rev440; 09-15-2006 at 09:10 PM.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

So don't post.

supporting members pwn

No they don't.

Thread Information