Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > Racing forums

Old 03-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

UK
Send a message via MSN to Jack_Bauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
im sure its an april fool's joke
In my experience, April Fool's pranks pulled by newspapers tend to be lighthearted, witty attempts at fooling the public that are intended not to upset or offend. Things like stories about comedy alien abductions, or like the BBC's classic story about a drought that was drastically affecting spaghetti trees in Italy and damaging Italian cuisine etc. Any April Fools that are aimed at public figures are likely to be a bit of gentle lampooning.

Publishing pictures of someone in a 5-hour Nazi S&M session all over a Sunday newspaper is not what I would call gentle or lighthearted. Apart from anything, if proven to be false then the paper could easily end up being sued for 7/8/9 figure sums in damages from Mosley. I can't see a newspaper, even one as rich as the NOTW, risking so much financially just for the sake of a bit of fun for April Fools.

I could be wrong, but I have my doubts.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Enthusiast

Goshen, IN
Send a message via AIM to ScionDriver
Whatever if he willingly took part in any of this he is one sick man. He has some real issues. I wonder what his wife will have to say about it all? Maybe he wanted her to part take but she declined. Haha.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Fanatic

Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
In my experience, April Fool's pranks pulled by newspapers tend to be lighthearted, witty attempts at fooling the public that are intended not to upset or offend. Things like stories about comedy alien abductions, or like the BBC's classic story about a drought that was drastically affecting spaghetti trees in Italy and damaging Italian cuisine etc. Any April Fools that are aimed at public figures are likely to be a bit of gentle lampooning.

Publishing pictures of someone in a 5-hour Nazi S&M session all over a Sunday newspaper is not what I would call gentle or lighthearted. Apart from anything, if proven to be false then the paper could easily end up being sued for 7/8/9 figure sums in damages from Mosley. I can't see a newspaper, even one as rich as the NOTW, risking so much financially just for the sake of a bit of fun for April Fools.

I'm pretty sure the pictures say everything
Old 03-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Cotterik
ahahaha

MOSEL-OWNED
Old 03-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Fanatic

Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
ahahaha

MOSEL-OWNED
What an excellent way to make him step down eh?
Old 03-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Fanatic

Perth, Australia
Quote:

If it were a prank, it'd be more likely to have been pulled by someone other than the publication, but then sent in to see if they'd run it. I agree though, it's highly unlikely that an organisation would put themselves in such a libellous position for a bit of publicity.

Hell of a prank if it is one though, must be said...
Old 03-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Fanatic

Modena
oh jebus...max, you are an old man, your heart is no more so good for this kind of...things...and then, max, which cash are you going to use for paying those chicks??? i know that in this period you and some other folks like Schumi an Todt are going to decide on the 100 millions $ of the Mclaren-Ferrari scandal, but this is not what those money were meant to be used......or not?!?!?!?! that could explain a lot of things...

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*
Old 03-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast

Montreal, Canada
Send a message via MSN to ZeTurbo
Quote:

I should have worded my post as "Ihope its an april fools joke". Its more in disbelief that anyone would find sucha fetish to be arounsing.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

St Marys Western Sydney
Send a message via MSN to fpv_gtho
The article doesnt seem to have a serious enough tone for me to believe its not an April Fools joke.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Rookie

Melbs, Aus
wtf....
Old 03-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
The article doesnt seem to have a serious enough tone for me to believe its not an April Fools joke.
It's a tabloid, do they ever have a serious tone?
Old 03-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

UK
Send a message via MSN to Jack_Bauer
The Times is the first proper, 'serious' newspaper to run with the story for real. The NOTW and the Daily Mail were previously the only two to publish it on their websites.

Max Mosley faces calls to quit as Formula One chief after ‘Nazi’ orgy - Times Online

Of course, as I mentioned before The Times comes from the same publishing house as the NOTW, but it is not one for publishing crude smear articles. They certainly seem to be approaching the story as if it were genuine.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Fanatic

Idaho
This is going to get ugly...
Old 03-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Fanatic

Perth, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
This is going to get ugly...
...er than the pictures that have already been released.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Furniture

I think this is hilarious. I kinda hope it's true and he gets kicked out. I don't particularly like his policies or the way he handles himself.

Tags
cannot be unseen, dr. freud, max mosley, my eyes are burning!!!, nazi hooker, nazi orgy