Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > Racing forums


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 02-04-2009, 08:34 PM
forager forager is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 67
Yeah Guys, The "snow" has been piled higher this Year than usual. Please, please, whatever God You Pray to. Let the Season start. SOON!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Rockefella's Avatar
Rockefella Rockefella is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 16,605
Northern New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Rockefella Send a message via MSN to Rockefella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
The problem is that there isn't an American who could win the title, yet.
Sure there is. It's the equipment under the driver that needs to be competetive.
__________________
Rockefella says:
pat's sister is hawt
David Fiset says:
so is mine
David Fiset says:
do want
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Zytek_Fan's Avatar
Zytek_Fan Zytek_Fan is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,369
Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
Sure there is. It's the equipment under the driver that needs to be competetive.

There are certainly some prospects, but they need to have been in the correct racing environment. The US isn't exactly a great place to groom an F1 driver. Meaning they have to have spent extensive time racing in Europe or Asia in the open wheel series.

And if you were pointing toward Marco Andretti, I highly doubt he has what it takes to be competitive in F1, regardless of the package.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Kitdy's Avatar
Kitdy Kitdy is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,075
Are there any American in GP2 or going to be any in F2?

What prospects are there Z_F?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Zytek_Fan's Avatar
Zytek_Fan Zytek_Fan is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,369
Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
Are there any American in GP2 or going to be any in F2?

What prospects are there Z_F?
There were a few standouts in GP2. They don't carry that "I'm better than you" stigma because of their last name or their exploits in other series.


Despite this, I wouldn't be surprised if the team signs Danica Patrick, merely for generating the interest from the public and potential sponsors. And to add to the circus
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:37 AM
LeonOfTheDead's Avatar
LeonOfTheDead LeonOfTheDead is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,826
Modena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
Now there's a report out that claims a new team, tentatively called USF1, will bring F1 back to the states and have an all-American driving team. They want to be on the grid in 2010 and the rumour is that the F1 leadership is excited about this team.

I would like to see an American team with American drivers in the sport - I think it'd be really interesting to see if the whole "Made in America" idea works, and if they do well how F1 catches on in America. If F1 had an American world championship contender or if an American won the title, it could do wonders for the sport economically and in terms of viewership and popularisation in the US.

Here is the scoop care of Autoblog.
It ended poorly when Prost and Peugeot tried back in the days. Nationalism doesn't work in motorsports imo.

Ferrari, or better, the TIfosi, would like to have an Italian or even both since...ever, but they did it just in some weird experiments, like Ivan Capelli (commenting GPs for the national television since some years) in the first nineties. Despite Fisichella winning a race (ahaha, kidding, no wait...) and Trulli being (sometimes) consistent, Italy lacks of a good driver since a lot of time, and Ferrari keeps playing with foreign and faster folks. still they ads a lot the made in Italy thingy even when the team is managed and held by foreign people, but that's a problem of us, sorry folks
__________________
KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Rockefella's Avatar
Rockefella Rockefella is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 16,605
Northern New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Rockefella Send a message via MSN to Rockefella
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
It ended poorly when Prost and Peugeot tried back in the days. Nationalism doesn't work in motorsports imo.

Ferrari, or better, the TIfosi, would like to have an Italian or even both since...ever, but they did it just in some weird experiments, like Ivan Capelli (commenting GPs for the national television since some years) in the first nineties. Despite Fisichella winning a race (ahaha, kidding, no wait...) and Trulli being (sometimes) consistent, Italy lacks of a good driver since a lot of time, and Ferrari keeps playing with foreign and faster folks. still they ads a lot the made in Italy thingy even when the team is managed and held by foreign people, but that's a problem of us, sorry folks
I see your point but the cultures of America and Italy are rather different and I think it'd lend to a larger fanbase if said USF1 did well. If your average American turns on an F1 race, what they'll see is:

- No American Manufacturers
- No American Drivers
- No American Circuits
- A lot of unknown sponsors.

Most Americans are really jingoistic and need to reaffirm that in a sport as they won't take well to Frenchies or Brits winning races when the good ol' US of A isn't represented. With solid financial backing, competetive equipment/drivers, and media outreach/advertising for a US race.. this can only be a good thing. The only coverage we have now is a 2 - 4 race span on CBS or FOX with the rest of the season playing on Speed Channel. Most people don't get speed channel and aren't bothered to watch a 2 hr race on Sunday afternoons while NASCAR is on if they have no idea what's going on.
__________________
Rockefella says:
pat's sister is hawt
David Fiset says:
so is mine
David Fiset says:
do want
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-06-2009, 07:08 AM
LeonOfTheDead's Avatar
LeonOfTheDead LeonOfTheDead is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,826
Modena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
I see your point but the cultures of America and Italy are rather different and I think it'd lend to a larger fanbase if said USF1 did well. If your average American turns on an F1 race, what they'll see is:

- No American Manufacturers
- No American Drivers
- No American Circuits
- A lot of unknown sponsors.

Most Americans are really jingoistic and need to reaffirm that in a sport as they won't take well to Frenchies or Brits winning races when the good ol' US of A isn't represented. With solid financial backing, competetive equipment/drivers, and media outreach/advertising for a US race.. this can only be a good thing. The only coverage we have now is a 2 - 4 race span on CBS or FOX with the rest of the season playing on Speed Channel. Most people don't get speed channel and aren't bothered to watch a 2 hr race on Sunday afternoons while NASCAR is on if they have no idea what's going on.
well, I would really like if a new team entered the competition, and I don't care if is backed by some tobacco's company, an oil company or a bunch of folks from the same country.
also, it would bring some fresh air with a team that, like RBR and STR, could act in a different way both inside and outside the track, rather than the old lawyer look we are getting from McLaren, Ferrari and so on.
perhaps even some good rednecks from Nascar would be something interesting to look at
__________________
KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Zytek_Fan's Avatar
Zytek_Fan Zytek_Fan is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,369
Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
well, I would really like if a new team entered the competition, and I don't care if is backed by some tobacco's company, an oil company or a bunch of folks from the same country.
also, it would bring some fresh air with a team that, like RBR and STR, could act in a different way both inside and outside the track, rather than the old lawyer look we are getting from McLaren, Ferrari and so on.
perhaps even some good rednecks from Nascar would be something interesting to look at
How about a new party team? Like Jordan a few years ago
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-06-2009, 08:28 AM
LeonOfTheDead's Avatar
LeonOfTheDead LeonOfTheDead is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,826
Modena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
How about a new party team? Like Jordan a few years ago


'nough said
__________________
KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Kitdy's Avatar
Kitdy Kitdy is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
'nough said
How did you find that photo? Image search Eddie Jordan + boobs?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-06-2009, 12:29 PM
LeonOfTheDead's Avatar
LeonOfTheDead LeonOfTheDead is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,826
Modena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
How did you find that photo? Image search Eddie Jordan + boobs?
nope, I just searched Eddie Jordan on google images, no boobs inquired, they come as standard
__________________
KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Kitdy's Avatar
Kitdy Kitdy is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
nope, I just searched Eddie Jordan on google images, no boobs inquired, they come as standard
This means he is a baller.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Zytek_Fan's Avatar
Zytek_Fan Zytek_Fan is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,369
Idaho
The Jordan F1 mechanics also dressed up the fueling rig in different costumes and played pranks on everyone.


Too bad F1 is so serious now
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-06-2009, 08:21 PM
fpv_gtho fpv_gtho is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 20,953
St Marys Western Sydney
Send a message via MSN to fpv_gtho
Nobody's mentioned yet, but STR have confirmed Bourdais in the 2nd seat alongside Buemi.
__________________
I am the Stig
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rate the avatar of the person above you RISE AGAINST Multimedia 8191 02-24-2013 06:50 PM
The official avatar resizing thread. Spastik_Roach Miscellaneous 1602 05-01-2011 07:35 PM
The OFFICIAL Nissan Skyline Bullsh!t Thread! Spastik_Roach General Automotive 147 03-20-2007 10:21 AM
The Official Nitto 1320 Thread! (#1 Online Drag Game 4 PC 4 Free) Hypnoticpimp Miscellaneous 12 02-13-2005 11:47 AM
The Official 9000th thread/ok, this thread doesnt really have a point..... CdocZ Miscellaneous 27 11-18-2004 04:51 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:26 AM.

 

1998 - 2019 Ultimatecarpage.com