Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 FIFA World Cup

2010 FIFA World Cup

It's time for the world's biggest and most popular sporting event to happen again in just a few days - the World Cup.

What are your guys thoughts? Who are you going to be supporting? If your country ain't in the WC, who will you be supporting?

Who's going to win? Will the first WC in Africa be a success? What player will be the best?

Here in Toronto, flags of many lands will be attached to cars as the very diverse population supports their home nation. Toronto much like New York has many "little" neighbourhoods composed of a large amount of immigrants - some that stand out are Little Italy, Little Portugal, and Greektown. These areas will be particularly rabid come the start of the tournament.

This could be a lot of fun, I am really looking forward to it even though I'm a very casual soccer fan. There's no other event like it in the world.

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    To be perfectly honest, this is another big event I don't really care about, and things are only made worse by matches dominating the TV schedule. Go ahead to the people who want to get excited about it, but at the end of the day, not everyone's a football fan.
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

I still can't belieeeeeve North Korea made it, but Sweden didn't.....

I'm from south africa and i just couldn't give a crap. personally i dont think the anc goverment deserves this. our education and healthcare systems are a joke. there reverse racism going on and dont get me started om the farm murders. for those of u that are coming. u have been warned!

True, 18,000 murders a year is no joke. but I heard SA gets ~11 million tourists a year, World Cup or no World Cup...

Quote Originally Posted by aiasib View Post
    I still can't belieeeeeve North Korea made it, but Sweden didn't.....
    That's kinda inherent in the system.

If there were no conferences, Europe would be much better represented.

I'm still ticked about the France-Ireland thing.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Go germany!!!
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

A.B.E.
    ( Anyone BUT England )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    A.B.E.
    ( Anyone BUT England )
    I wans't aware that you knew the name of one of our most famous soccer players ever: Abe Lenstra.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

^^^^^ Good to know.
    So any drunk, obnoxious English soccer fans accost me on IoM and I've got the answer
    See, what other forum can you get the best on cars AND how to avoid fights
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Its so cool that the world cup is in africa that im still flipping out. My cousin in south africa is attending some matches and hopefully will get cool pictures.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Soo close to going up a point on that Altidore kick. Still England was heavily favored and we managed a draw, I can live with that. It may not be a repeat of 1950 but it still puts us in good position to get past the group stage.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Not really caring until the Germany v. Australia game tomorrow. Still disappointed that Michael Ballack couldn't make it this year - will be interesting to see how well they do. If it does go all to hell, there's still Le Mans right now and the Tour de France next month.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Not really caring until the Germany v. Australia game tomorrow. Still disappointed that Michael Ballack couldn't make it this year - will be interesting to see how well they do. If it does go all to hell, there's still Le Mans right now and the Tour de France next month.
    They're better off without him, he sucked in 2006.

Germany played one hell of a game today, maybe it should have been a 3-0 or even a 2-0 with a different referee, but either way they would have won. Well-played, watch out everybody!!!!!!!

Thread Information