Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Important: User Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mechanixfetch
    How is it that people who joined 1 day ago and are yet to post have 10 reputation? where I've been here since October and tried to give positive input and useful posts and have the same Reputation? Doesn't strike me as fair.
    New members now start with 10 reputation points as a default. Unfortunately, it's the luck of the draw.

Wouter, is there any way that we could set all of the current users to have a minimum of 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    New members now start with 10 reputation points as a default. Unfortunately, it's the luck of the draw.

Wouter, is there any way that we could set all of the current users to have a minimum of 10?
    what if people are making negative comments?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

How about adding 10 Reputation points to all existing members I worked hard for my points. And why do new users Default to 10 that seems daft. You should earn respect not be given it as a bonus for joining.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

I've been thinking further on this reputation issue, spreading reputation around is not working, at least not for me, I have given rep points where I felt they were deserved, but to spreading it around is difficult, some people deserve more rep points from me than what I can give.

I propose that spreading rep be cut down to either 10 posts or be cut out altogether and just put a cap on the maimum amout attainable , there is no difference as to whether a user has attained 35 points or 45 points, they are still a reputable poster. I personally prefer the latter option, a user can attain the highest rating (IE: 40 points) and maintain it with good posts, or lose points if the post quality deteriates.

This seems to be a quality idea here by NoOne but I also suggest that if it were done and the point spread idea was killed then there should be a maximum amount of points you should be able to give out per-day else people will team to gether to rate each other to the max and top off both their rep counts. So I think the question of reputaton should be considered carefully. *edit I just remembered you need 20 points to reach a level where you can positively and negativly give people points so cheating would be harder but it is still a sticky wicket.
    Last edited by mechanixfetch; 01-18-2004 at 01:39 PM. Reason: See post
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

OK , this I have to share.

I was given a neg. rep rating for .... get this ... having an ugly Avatar
    I won't name the user, but I thought it was funny as hell ... luckily for me that user has less than 20 rep points so I didn't lose any "precious" rep points.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne

I won't name the user, but I thought it was funny as hell ... luckily for me that user has less than 20 rep points so I didn't lose any "precious" rep points.
    What is an avatar? Then I may be able to decide whether mine is nice or ugly (if I have one??)

an avatar is a picture, you dont have one henk4, like under NoOne's name there is a picture of some pretty ugly fella and in my avatar theres 2 ladies kissing a guy...thats a avatar...by the way how do you know which user gave you a reputation point?

Quote Originally Posted by Pliz
    an avatar is a picture, you dont have one henk4, like under NoOne's name there is a picture of some pretty ugly fella and in my avatar theres 2 ladies kissing a guy...thats a avatar...by the way how do you know which user gave you a reputation point?
    Fine that you have one, but where does it show?

henk4

OMG , r u jocking man ??! u cant be serious !! no way. u dont know whats an avatar ?? and where it shows ?
    i'm just surprised coz u have been a member for sooooooo looooong !!
    ur either jocking, or using a pre-pentium era computer !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne

i really need to know the name of the user that gave u this rep. rating so that i can thank him and give him a reputation boost !!
    trust me on this one, many users are annoyed by ur avatar !! let's just hope its not really you
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    i really need to know the name of the user that gave u this rep. rating so that i can thank him and give him a reputation boost !!
    trust me on this one, many users are annoyed by ur avatar !! let's just hope its not really you
    Don't see what's wrong with it.
    Maclolm McDowall from Clockwork Orange.
    A threatening figure, but is it any worse than a BMW logo

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Don't see what's wrong with it.
    Maclolm McDowall from Clockwork Orange.
    A threatening figure, but is it any worse than a BMW logo
    It's the best custom avatar I have seen on the forums. Too bad today's youth can't appreciate the great old movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    It's the best custom avatar I have seen on the forums.
    ouch, that hurt

An excellent movie, but one that should be watched many times to get a better understanding of the NADSAT language. Alex has to be one of my favourite anti-heroes.

I have yet to read the book though, either the European version or the shortened somewhat American one. On my list of things to do.

If you haven't seen it, rent it, watch it and watch it again , it is brilliance.
    "Viddy well me brothers, viddy well"

What does God want? Does God want goodness or the choice of goodness? Is a man who chooses the bad perhaps in some way better than a man who has the good imposed upon him?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information