Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You will puke.

What's interesting is that in Kansas, Creationism is taught in schools.
    There are literally textbooks that say "we've tried to balance God and Science, but we're going to put God's words first"

If darwin was so racist, then why did his theory work?
    That quote was taken out of context.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Actually neither religion nor science has been proven so I guess being an atheist and being a Christian are just the way you lean with your mind. No one can stop you from believing so go for it or don't it doesn't matter as long as you're happy.

I really think mocking Christians for believing in Science, and some parts of the Bible and not others is a bit much. Yes, you can call it hypocritical, but really, it helps give some people meaning and guidance to their lives. For most Christians, it's a general way of life that just tells them to be nice people. What's wrong with that?

The real problem is people who believe who heartedly in every word the Bible says, and live their lives to the exact letter, and then try and force it others, i.e the conservative governments in power at the moment. Whilst most Western law is based the basic elements of Biblical law (don't steal, kill etc.) when religious values are brought in to back up a change in law etc. (i.e religion brought into debates on stem cell research, the political stouch here in Australia over abortion and homosexual marriage) things start to go wrong. Politics and law should always be secualar.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    But at the same time you pose that there are many images out there few are related to such a serious topic as religion and followed by the masses therefore making it more offensive.
    There are "few" images ridiculing religion? You must be incredibly naive if you believe that.

I honestly don't care what your opinion is as long as you don't interfere with others opinions.
    Do you really think what I have posted here is going to make anyone give up their religion?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    wrong, to quote my RS teacher (who seems to know too bloody much) "No two Christians ever believe EXACTLY the same thing, and thus NEVER say "ALL Christians believe..." as they dont. Some accept Evolution, not the big bang, some vice versa, some neither, some both, some doubt the existence of Jesus and some doubt God, and even though this is a contradiction in terms they are STILL Christians".
    That argument only proves that there is no God in the sense of a discreet "being", only as an abstract concept.

As one of the most eloquent atheists of our time said:

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'
    'But,' says Man, 'the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'
    'Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
    And there are pleanty of metaphorical "Bable fish" around...
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    One in the knee; two in the head.
    LOL
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    As one of the most eloquent atheists of our time said:

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'
    'But,' says Man, 'the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'
    'Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
    Ah yes, but why don't you post up the next line? (I can't remember exaactly how it goes )

(BTW, nice quote, you gotta love a bit Hitchhikers!)
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    There are "few" images ridiculing religion? You must be incredibly naive if you believe that.
    Do you really think what I have posted here is going to make anyone give up their religion?
    Few images meaning few of such important nature, although there may be more on such associated sights few seem to surface. No one will give up their religion, don't flatter yourself . Anyway I'm gonna stop this argument for myself as I don't see it changing either of us and its frivolity takes away time for the real reason we are here, cars.

Few images meaning few of such important nature.
    Sure about that?
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Okay I know there are lots of images making fun of religion but few are as harsh as those of important matters ie 9/11, death, terrorism, etc. Its just not what some people classify as funny.

Anybody that wears a solar system tie to start with should not be taken seriously.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Quote Originally Posted by orne
    There's no conclusive evidence because no matter how much evidence is dug up/discovered they still wont believe...

Evolution is based in pure logic and the knowledge we have about genetics, so only denying both of those is it acceptable to believe in such theories.
    I was mostly talking about believing in God, but it is true that evolution hasn't been "proven". I believe in evolution, although there is really no way to know for sure. Science has clearly contributed quite a lot to our society, and I am very supportive of it, but there are those who claim that some evolutionists used dishonest tactics to support their theories. I will probably never know who is telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Anybody that wears a solar system tie to start with should not be taken seriously.
    Your logic is definitely of a similar calibre to his.

Quote Originally Posted by gtface
    it is true that evolution hasn't been "proven".
    No, evolution has been proven.

Look at cattle for instance.

A few hundred years ago, Frisian cows didn't exist, nor most species of domestic pig or sheep, along with pretty much every breed of dog and many, many plants and crops - they have all evolved through selective breeding by mankind.

If evolution couldn't happen, none of those things would exist.
    Thanks for all the fish

Lame topic, nobody is ever going to have conclusive proof.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thread Information