Thread: Geneva highlights from Lamborghini, Bugatti, Spyker, Ferrari and more ...

Geneva highlights from Lamborghini, Bugatti, Spyker, Ferrari and more ...

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

At this week's Geneva International Motor Show the exotic and concept take center stage. Following our in-depth report, we would now like to take a look at eight of the most exciting new machines on display in Geneva.
    One of our absolute favourites was Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-SV. This 'Super Veloce' could very well be the final version of the Italian manufacturer's top-of-the-range model. By bumping the power to 670 bhp and cutting the weight by 100 kg, Lamborghini have certainly created a worthy farewell for the Murciélago. The changes compared to the stock model for the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Bleu Centenaire are far model subtle. Built to celebrate the marque's 100th anniversary, the one-off version features many unique trim features. That combined with the striking blue paint makes it our favourite Veyron version.
    Italian design houses Fioravanti and Italdesign were also well represented in Geneva. The former showed the LF1 Concept, which is a very interesting design study for an F1 car of the future. The Namir Concept continues Italdesign's striking design theme. As always the car is fully functional and uses a rotary/hybrid propulsion system.
    Dutch specialty manufacturer Spyker launched the production version of the C8 Aileron, which was previewed at last year's show. It is the second generation C8 Spyker and is more mature in every respect. Later in the year a Spyder version will join the Aileron range.
    We were not quite as happy with the Ferrari 599XX; it may have been one of the most potent cars on display in Geneva, it is designed for track days only and not for serious competition.

Enjoy the links:

2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Bleu Centenaire - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Ferrari 599XX - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Fioravanti LF1 Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Italdesign Namir Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Lagonda V12 Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SV - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Renault Mégane Coupe R.S. 250 - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Spyker C8 Aileron - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thanks for the updates.

The Spyker looks very nice.
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Wouter, if you have some pics of the Fioravanti Tris, I wouldn't an update with that too .
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Wouter, if you have some pics of the Fioravanti Tris, I wouldn't an update with that too .
    I didn't realise it was new as well. The F1 car caught all my attention.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    I didn't realise it was new as well. The F1 car caught all my attention.
    I think another car pretty much similar to the Tris came out some years ago, using the same door for all the three access to the car, the same lights on both sides and so on, in order to reduce parts, complexity and costs, but I can't remember even if it was a Fioravanti (I doubt).
    The LF1 is simply astonishing, it's taken directly from the TrackMania games series, but it seems also pretty realistic at the same time.
    I would be really interested to see how it can perform.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information