Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ferrari owner, new here. hi

Damn a tt nsx sounds so much better than a 328 or a 355 or 360 for me.

A 328 is a freshened-up 308, which was introduced in 1975. The NSX debuted in 1989-90 and was still a viable performance option until its recent demise. The 328 isn't really a performance equivalent of the NSX but to be fair, it is also a much older design...

Quality/reliability wise, the NSX is the "Honda" of exotics, literally...

Oh, welcome to UCP!! Love to see some pics of the 328 before it goes.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

i saw an nsx today

welcome to ucp
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    A 328 is a freshened-up 308, which was introduced in 1975. The NSX debuted in 1989-90 and was still a viable performance option until its recent demise. The 328 isn't really a performance equivalent of the NSX but to be fair, it is also a much older design...

Quality/reliability wise, the NSX is the "Honda" of exotics, literally...

Oh, welcome to UCP!! Love to see some pics of the 328 before it goes.
    Don't forget that the chassis was approved by Ayrton Senna, too. And the fact that the NSX has one of the best engines ever made.

What a sound!

Quote Originally Posted by Zondaboy1
    i saw an nsx today

welcome to ucp
    Yeah, same... I never normally see them around, it makes them much more special than a Ferrari for that alone!

Oh, and what the other two said, welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    Damn a tt nsx sounds so much better than a 328 or a 355 or 360 for me.
    That doesn't make any sense. They are cars separated for many years in conception and they also belong to different leagues. The 360 is a recent 400bhp car. Theres just no way of comparing them. I love the NSX, but let's be reasonable.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

He did say it sounds better, and there are plenty of classic cars that sound way better than modern ones. Lancia Delta S4 Stradale, over an Evo for example.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    He did say it sounds better, and there are plenty of classic cars that sound way better than modern ones. Lancia Delta S4 Stradale, over an Evo for example.
    I really think he meant the idea sounded better. Because if you talk about the sound itself, well then there's no arguing at all. You should know better than me how a 355 or a 360 sound, wich is bloody amazing. Though the NSX sounds well, it's pretty "normal" in comparison with the Ferrari's yell. And I wouldn't name the NSX as a "classic" yet. It's an icon for sure, and it will be one very valuable classic, but too recent by now.

thanks everyone for the warm welcome. the nsx sounds good but there is no comparison in sound, the 355 and 360 have the best exhaust notes of any car except the cgt... of course imho. as far as performance.... hp isn't everything, at least on a track. the nsx is all about cornering as this video clearly shows:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...rghini&pl=true

i've attached pics of my 3 previous nsx's and here is the link to my 328 for sale ad: www.328.metrocentric.net
    the silver nsx and the one on the right were featured in the mischief dvd series (if you're into that stuff) because i ran in the players run a couple times.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nick75; 07-06-2006 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    I really think he meant the idea sounded better. Because if you talk about the sound itself, well then there's no arguing at all. You should know better than me how a 355 or a 360 sound, wich is bloody amazing. Though the NSX sounds well, it's pretty "normal" in comparison with the Ferrari's yell.
    There is something very special about the 360 sound, particularly the CS and yes, they do sound better than an NSX - if it was the idea of the car is better, then he's wrong

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    And I wouldn't name the NSX as a "classic" yet. It's an icon for sure, and it will be one very valuable classic, but too recent by now.
    Agreed, it is a future Classic car.. in fact that's a thread in itself!

Nick, the NSX on the right looks very tasty.... nice to see consistency in the background too, so many people come on here claiming to have pics of their cars and one will have a Cali number plate, the other will be infront of another house with a German plate... you get the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    nice to see consistency in the background too, so many people come on here claiming to have pics of their cars and one will have a Cali number plate, the other will be infront of another house with a German plate... you get the idea!
    Yep, I must agree. Wich makes me think my doubts are maybe unjustified.
    Rick I hope you understand your entrance was very similar to those made by kids with an excess of imagination. I hope you accept my appologise for not believing you at first.
    BTW: your Ferrari looks stunning. However, as someone said, from the ownership point of view, the 328 is not the best option. Specially for someone comming from 3 bullet-proof japanese rockets.

Yeah that 328 may as well have just been built!

i should have been more patient and waited for the right 355. my thinking was that 355s are still depreciating while the 328s are going up in price... so i'd buy one and drive it for a year then sell it for what i bought it for. many would be surprised to know that 89 328s are priced the same as 95 355s currently. well it's been only a couple months and it's just nerve racking to drive even short distances. it overheated once because of a faulty thermo switch. luckily it shares the same part as a vw rabbit and only cost me $20. the other day i tried adjusting the rear view mirror and the whole thing just fell off. boy do i miss my nsx.

Someone is going to ask, so I do it first to assure it's done in a polite way: Is that your NSX? Then who are the nice ladies? (not that I really care to know, but it avoids more brutal questions.)

Nicely put, McReis.

The condition of your 328 is immaculate. However, I checked ebay Motors and many 328s are priced in the 30k-range. I guess a lot is dependant on condition/miles...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Yeah, and you can pick up a 355 spider for about 35K

Thread Information