Thread: New Nissan GT-R Nismo, all-new MINI, more on the Civic Type R and Callaway SS ...

New Nissan GT-R Nismo, all-new MINI, more on the Civic Type R and Callaway SS ...

On the eve of the Tokyo Motor Show, Nissan have announced the GT-R Nismo, due to hit the streets in the spring of 2014. Developed by Nissan Motorsport using components from the GT3 racer, it features a 591 bhp version of the familiar twin-turbo V6 engine. Most impressively, works driver Michael Krumm has lapped the Nurburgring with the GT-R Nismo in just 7:08.679; a full ten seconds quicker than the previous fastest time with a GT-R.
    Honda meanwhile have released further images of the upcoming Civic Type R, which is pictured during tests in Japan. As announced before, it will be the first Civic Type R powered by a turbocharged engine.
    A similar engine is also found in the all-new, third generation MINI Cooper S, which was announced last night and will be shown both in Tokyo and Los Angeles this week. Slightly larger than the outgoing model, the range-topping 'S' is powered by a turbocharged, two-litre straight four, which is good for 189 bhp.
    Altogether more powerful is the Callaway SS courtesy of a supercharged version of the LS3 engine found in the standard Chevrolet SS. This 6.2-litre V8 is good for 570 bhp, which allows the big four-door sedan to accelerate to 60 mph in just 4.5 seconds. The Callaway SS is available through Callaway authorised Chevrolet dealers right now.

Enjoy the links:

2014 Callaway SS - Images, Specifications and Information

2015 Honda Civic Type R - Images, Specifications and Information

2014 MINI Cooper S - Images, Specifications and Information

2014 Nissan GT-R Nismo - Images, Specifications and Information

2014 Porsche 911 GT America - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Looks like Nissan's 'Ring lap should be nullified since they used a bigger wing than what actually comes on the car

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Looks like Nissan's 'Ring lap should be nullified since they used a bigger wing than what actually comes on the car
    They've said they'll offer that wing as an option on the production model, apparently.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

In other related news, Honda says that they've tailored the gear ratios of their new Civic Type R specifically to get the fastest front wheel drive record time in the Nurburgring.

Who cares about actual real life driving conditions.

I hate that race track. I demand demolishment of it now.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

well looks like the current management is doing their best to oblige you..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    In other related news, Honda says that they've tailored the gear ratios of their new Civic Type R specifically to get the fastest front wheel drive record time in the Nurburgring.

Who cares about actual real life driving conditions.

Yes, for realism's sake all cars should be tested at the Valencia F1 circuit. That way all cars can drive the same speed as the slowest car, like in real life, and Mark Webber's car can be suspiciously-airborne.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Yes, for realism's sake all cars should be tested at the Valencia F1 circuit. That way all cars can drive the same speed as the slowest car, like in real life, and Mark Webber's car can be suspiciously-airborne.
    Also, do not forget the bag of embezzled public money in the bag.

Perfect boot capacity test!
    Visca Catalunya!

Genius! I'm sure for a few more bags of money, Dany Bahar could be convinced to leave retirement, manage the track, and cause it to go bankrupt!
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Also unveil a lot of variations on the track, but only in concept form saying they'll be available in the future as a range of different race track within the Valencia Street Circuit for all types of motorsport, then disappear into oblivion.

I'll give Alberto Fabra Bahaha's phone number.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information