Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche accuses Nissan of cheating at Nurburgring

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    Was there a point to all this or do you want to get your post count up how about some evidence to what you say? or possibly have a less cryptic ending? and prehaps going somewhere with the post?
    What the hell?
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

^its hard to tell what Falc is saying cuz of not quoting properly.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    ^its hard to tell what Falc is saying cuz of not quoting properly.
    I understood it. The post made by HDT was fine imo and got blasted as if he was spamming nonsense.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

More drama then an entire season of Neighbours in its Dramatic 19kw (claimed by you with no source) over

Was there a point to all this or do you want to get your post count up how about some evidence to what you say? or possibly have a less cryptic ending? and prehaps going somewhere with the post?

Seriously though, this is a General forum, you make it sound like a National debate or a discussion about global economics and the effects of polar icecaps melting.

I'd like to think that most people here are educated enough to understand the issue of performance fudging and how makers have been doing it for a century now.

But if you don't believe me, Professor, I'll wear an extra thick pair of spectacles next time...

Nissan does have a history of cheating around the Nurburgring with the GTR. Porsche and the other publications (apart from Best Motoring) criticised and found Nissan cheated in their 7:59 Nissan GTR R33 Nurburgring time.

Who would have believed that the heavy R33 GTR with only 280hp can possibly set a time comparable to the new 550hp CTS-V. Tests conducted after the initial Nissan PR barrage were only good enough to net a time 30 odd seconds slower than the publicised Nissan time.
    "As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    the new 550hp CTS-V
    Certainly a lightweight car...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by AERO_HDT View Post
    But if you don't believe me, Professor, I'll wear an extra thick pair of spectacles next time...
    Any pang of guilt I would of felt for being an asshole was lost with that smart ass comment.
    Last edited by Falcon500; 10-27-2008 at 02:09 AM.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I understood it. The post made by HDT was fine imo and got blasted as if he was spamming nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    What the hell?
    +1

Seriously though, this is a General forum, you make it sound like a National debate or a discussion about global economics and the effects of polar icecaps melting.

I'd like to think that most people here are educated enough to understand the issue of performance fudging and how makers have been doing it for a century now.

exactly this

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Certainly a lightweight car...
    at least it has more power
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

LOL @ Falcon!

I'm just here for some lighthearted chat mate, nothing too serious, a bit of banter is good and after I read this thread, I couldn't help but agree with many of things that have been said. I did skip over the middle pages though as everything turned from 911 vs GT-R into the morality of certain comments, but overall, the discussion has been a great read!

Sorry if I was a smart arse, hope you forgive me.

Cheers.

LOL @ Falcon!

I'm just here for some lighthearted chat mate, nothing too serious, a bit of banter is good and after I read this thread, I couldn't help but agree with many of things that have been said. I did skip over the middle pages though as everything turned from 911 vs GT-R into the morality of certain comments, but overall, the discussion has been a great read!

Sorry if I was a smart arse, hope you forgive me.

Cheers.
    Well my options are either kill you or forgive you so I think ill take the harder option of forgiving you

My point was links can be an intresting talking point in themselves they can stimulate more convos And this time not being an ass about it wanting a independant test on that thing is a touch unrealistic as its been mentioned it take hundreads of laps to churn out these times and i seriously doubt anyone would have the time,money,skill and so on to put that in.

And its good to see leon is not bitter at all

Oh and f6 I noticed that earlier computer froze so I turned it off and went to bed.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Hey guys, I'm from Porche and we tested we tested the GTR, well guess what... it really is faster than our product! I advise you to buy it and not our Turbo.
    We would like to publically congratulate Nissan for their superior engineering and for creating a better value car, We will certainly try much harder in the future to compete against Nissan, our very worthy rival.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

My point was links can be an intresting talking point in themselves they can stimulate more convos And this time not being an ass about it wanting a independant test on that thing is a touch unrealistic as its been mentioned it take hundreads of laps to churn out these times and i seriously doubt anyone would have the time,money,skill and so on to put that in.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...4-post165.html

those times are from an independent test, unfortunately, no one was there to say it is reliable.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...6-post225.html

in the same way, the time of the Maserati MC12 was achieved during an independent test, so it's not impossible to do.

And its good to see leon is not bitter at all
    care to elaborate? sarcasm is difficult to understand while reading

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...4-post165.html

those times are from an independent test, unfortunately, no one was there to say it is reliable.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...6-post225.html

in the same way, the time of the Maserati MC12 was achieved during an independent test, so it's not impossible to do.
    Are you saying that doesnt stimulate conversation? preahps one should look at the several pages that came afterwards?

I never said it wasnt possible, practicality is my point here im not too sure how many people will band together to prove a nissan is better then anything of course excluding nissan itself. (and on an unrelated note you said that one wasnt very reliable either I didnt bother to ask why because I couldent read any of it so i failed to see the point)

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    care to elaborate? sarcasm is difficult to understand while reading
    I snap at you once and someone is having a dig at me and your diving all over it Do you think you could be any more transparent? and is there a term in itallian for apple polisher? because I sure would like to use it right now

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    Hey guys, I'm from Porche and we tested we tested the GTR, well guess what... it really is faster than our product! I advise you to buy it and not our Turbo.
    We would like to publically congratulate Nissan for their superior engineering and for creating a better value car, We will certainly try much harder in the future to compete against Nissan, our very worthy rival.
    Thank you, man from Porsche.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Are you saying that doesnt stimulate conversation? preahps one should look at the several pages that came afterwards?

I never said it wasnt possible, practicality is my point here im not too sure how many people will band together to prove a nissan is better then anything of course excluding nissan itself. (and on an unrelated note you said that one wasnt very reliable either I didnt bother to ask why because I couldent read any of it so i failed to see the point)
    not saying it can't add something to the conversation, just that we are wondering if we can trust the official time from an automaker, so the time achieved in a private test could be contested as well.

I snap at you once and someone is having a dig at me and your diving all over it Do you think you could be any more transparent? and is there a term in itallian for apple polisher? because I sure would like to use it right now
    apple polisher simply doesn't mean something here.

and the point is that I, with all due respect, don't like the way you sometimes jump over people, like Rocke pointed out, and I just said that I agree with him. the "bitter" nick came a little out of the blue, that's why I asked, I wouldn't have use that word, that's all.
    no harm, no foul.

Thread Information