Thread: Lego Unimog U400

Lego Unimog U400

The Unimog U 400 from LEGO comes in a 1:12.5 scale and features a working pneumatically operated crane

Want a Mercedes-Benz for €190? And it's a Unimog to boot.

This is the Unimog U 400 from LEGO - a new creation between Mercedes-Benz and the famed toy-maker to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Unimog.

This toy comes in a 1:12.5 scale and features a pneumatically operated crane that offers several functions in moving loads around.

The model is highly-realistic and even the engine details are correct, down to the pistons.

The LEGO Technic Unimog U 400 will be sold in toy stores starting in August and will also be available from Mercedes-Benz dealers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (287.4 KB, 14 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (271.3 KB, 12 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (142.8 KB, 17 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (176.9 KB, 14 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (213.4 KB, 15 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (251.2 KB, 13 views)

I know Lego may not be to everyone's taste, but I still love Lego - and the fact that I no longer have to save a years worth of pocket money to buy a big model is a big part of that. According to some other reports I've read it will be the biggest Technic model ever at over 2000 pieces (nothing compared to some other Lego models though) and should have a retail price in America of $250-$275. However, I already accept that in Australia this will be in the $400+ bracket but for such an awesome model of a vehicle I really like... it'll be worth it.

That's very cool. Would it be weird to wanna play with it in the kid's sandbox?
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

I loved Legos as a kid and that'd be really cool to put together even now! They have the ages on the box all wrong, there should only be one number and it should be 16+

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    I loved Legos as a kid and that'd be really cool to put together even now! They have the ages on the box all wrong, there should only be one number and it should be 16+
    Agreed on the 16+. I don't buy a lot of Lego as I don't really have anywhere to put it, but I do treat myself to the odd, large scale, model every now and then. My last was the 1/8 Ferrari F1 car, but that was a few years ago now. So I think the Unimog will fill the void

Love Lego .
    But ok, i'm Danish, so i was raised with it!

The coolest Technics car was the full scale Black Sportscar they build in the 90's!
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

My neightbour had that car.. we installed the front diff in backwards.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information