Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally, a car to call my own..

Some would argue that the Sigma Turbo was even more thrilling than the diesel!

Motoring journalists asked the question: "Is this Australia's fastest car?" A top speed of 220+ km/h was the answer

This was back in 1982 when the locally developed GH Turbo was up against Brock Commodore V8s and 5.8 litre Clevo Falcons

Maybe this site is of interest, including the road test index below

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    there was an oil crisis going on at that time
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Uh nice looks like something out of GTA.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Articles
    A few of the guys that race Magnas with me help develop the Sigma Turbo,

Spastik you can race them also
    MITSUBISHI

SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Thats more the previous generation to this, although they share alot in common I think. Its a good base really for a race car, suprised I don't see many if any of them racing. Certainly its in the back of my mind once I've got something else for daily driving.

Congrats William

I always wondered what you would actually end up having as your first car. Baby it, of course, but have fun. Lots of fun.

spaz in the not too distant future?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Wouldn't mind those wheels and that front end actually..both Aussie market stuff I think.

Motoring journalists asked the question: "Is this Australia's fastest car?" A top speed of 220+ km/h was the answer

This was back in 1982 when the locally developed GH Turbo was up against Brock Commodore V8s and 5.8 litre Clevo Falcons

Maybe this site is of interest, including the road test index below

Articles
    '

Speaking of Sigma GSR's.....My parents owned one while they were in Melbourne in the 1980's....It was before I was about but apparantly my sister loved being jetted to daycare in a complete rocket.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Very nice, grats. I sense a sleeper coming on...

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    Here she is, a 1981 Mitsubishi Sigma SE 2.0l. RWD, mint condition (or as close to it as you'll get for a 27 year old car) automatic (bad but can't complain since i'm getting it for free), and only 141,000km on the clock from brand new, which is pretty amazing.

I'm absolutely stoked to say the least!

Very nice. Old school Japanese. Not many that good left around. Back in the 80s my neighbour bought a brand new Sigma SE exactly like that.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Paint it all black, dark tints, GSR engine, airbags, nice rims and vortec controlled zorst (remote control used to control volume of exhaust) ultra oldschool speed pimping
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thats cool Spaz and congratulations - it'll probably be a good 1st car if you don't destroy it (like I did mine)

From the look of it I imagine its a jap-built unit and not from Tonsley Park?
    That will be one of the cars assembled in New Zealand from CKD kits sent from Japan. This was back in the days when NZ still had a thriving car assembly (as opposed to manufacturing) business.
    Lots of companies assembled cars in NZ right up until the government introduced zero tarriffs for car imports. Toyota were the last to close up their assembly lines in 1998. For some seven decades prior to this, BMC (Austin, Morris, Leyland, Jaguar and Rover), Ford, Honda, Holden, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Datsun/Nissan, Peugeot, Subaru, Toyota, Daihatsu, Suzuki, Renault and many others assembled cars from CKD kits in New Zealand.
    Last edited by motorsportnerd; 03-28-2008 at 05:30 AM.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Great stuff Spaz.

Hope you have huge amounts of fun!
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd View Post
    That will be one of the cars assembled in New Zealand from CKD kits sent from Japan. This was back in the days when NZ still had a thriving car assembly (as opposed to manufacturing) business.
    Lots of companies assembled cars in NZ right up until the government introduced zero tarriffs for car imports. Toyota were the last to close up their assembly lines in 1998. For some seven decades prior to this, BMC (Austin, Morris, Leyland, Jaguar and Rover), Ford, Honda, Holden, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Datsun/Nissan, Peugeot, Subaru, Toyota, Daihatsu, Suzuki, Renault and many others assembled cars from CKD kits in New Zealand.
    Apparently we were a bit inefficient at doing it and it was much more viable for the Japanese companies at least for it all to be assembled over there too....

and Sam I'm not having bloody airbags and a remote controlled exhaust

Thread Information