Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I'm on a diet...

So I'm on a diet...

Sup guys?

3 weeks ago my mom put me on a diet because I was weighing a pretty unhealthy 305lbs... believe me I didn't look that bad, since I'm 6.3 and I'm just big by nature, but anyways... so I've been dieting for 3.5 weeks and I dropped 22lbs so far...

Healthy way too... just proper diet and excercise.

Lol I just wanted to brag a bit cuz I'm pretty happy with myself right now... dropped 5lbs since Friday, and it's Monday now. Pretty happy with my progress .
    Previously know as "Rotary.freak"

atta boy T17. It takes a lot of will power for people to get on that path. Good for you, and keep it up .

Very nice, keep it up.

However, could you teach me how to put on weight?

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    alright Type17! your progress sounds awesome. you doing Canada's Food Guide? i did and lost around 60lbs. i wish the best of luck on your weight loss!
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Congrats, man!
    That's some damn good progress in a short amount of time.
    Hope you continue it until you hit your desired weight.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

i never and still do not understand how weight issues are such a big deal in north america

first of all, never lose weight because of how you look
    the right reason to lose weight is because of health issues

second of all, i see all these pills/programs/secretes/tricks to lose weight but in the end the good old fashioned way is best: EAT BETTER, MOVE MORE!

third of all, type17 do you play football?
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    im losing weight and i excercise becuase my metabolism is slow, and becuase of health reasons.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

What's wrong with wanting to look good? We do live in a superficial world after all.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Its a material world and I am a material girl. er...

But yes, congratulations. I'm lucky to have a pretty good metabolism, but I'm worried that won't last, as I'm about as active as a sack of potatoes. I should probably start getting in the habit of exercise.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    What's wrong with wanting to look good? We do live in a superficial world after all.
    That, and I like being able to run 2+ miles without needing an oxygen tank to rescue my lungs
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

This thread is starting to make me feel incompetent. Too bad motor sports don't count as exercise. The amount of spirited driving I did in my civic, I should be ripped.

Congrats man, keep it up! Just to forewarn you, the rate at which you're losing weight will likely slow down very quickly, DO NOT get discouraged, keep at it. Last autumn through spring I lost right at 60 pounds (265 down to 205 at 6'4") and have kept it off for about 4 months now. The diet is 95% of your weight loss, as I think you're probably finding out. It really is probably the best thing you can do for yourself, after all, the only two things you're guaranteed to have for life are your mind and your body.

Once you go down a shirt size, you'll be even more stoked to lose more. I went down two shirt sizes and 6" around the waist and it feels awesome. Keep it up, don't lose motivation, and keep us updated!

One thing I wish was I realized how overweight I was. I did have a lot of muscle and was considerably stronger than I am now, but I had a lot of fat with it. I wish someone had told me!
    Last edited by my porsche; 08-17-2009 at 02:28 PM.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    One thing I wish was I realized how overweight I was. I did have a lot of muscle and was considerably stronger than I am now, but I had a lot of fat with it. I wish someone had told me!
    Remember I offered you professional advice?
    It is all very simply, don't take in more calories than you burn during the day. No exersising, no hamburgers.
    Buy a bicycle, walk, leave your car in the driveway.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thanks for the encouraging words guys .

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    i never and still do not understand how weight issues are such a big deal in north america

first of all, never lose weight because of how you look
    the right reason to lose weight is because of health issues

second of all, i see all these pills/programs/secretes/tricks to lose weight but in the end the good old fashioned way is best: EAT BETTER, MOVE MORE!

third of all, type17 do you play football?
    I actually played both football and soccer, mainly soccer, it's my favourite sport. I put on weight because a couple of yrs back I broke my right leg and I was told I couldn't play anymore at least for 1yr. Eventually I healed and I started playing but I didn't drop in weight because I ate more as well... I just kept ballooning... Going off to university took it's toll on me too lol, i'm sure you've heard of the freshman 15 . And in university I haven't been active...

I completely agree, diet and exercise are the best way to do it. I take supplements for like protein and shit like that, but no weight loss pills... Just solid diet and exercise. After I get down to maybe 250 I'm gonna start HIT training. It should increase the pace of weight loss quite a bit...

And LTSmash, do weight training to put on weight. The heavier the weight the better, do 3 sets of everything... alternate which body parts you work out as well so as not to kill muscle. Like monday can be your upper body day, and tuesday your lower body day, core work on wednesday... things like that... eat lots of protein after workouts too... some just like protein shakes right away but I think they taste like crap so I eat chicken breast or fish...

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    alright Type17! your progress sounds awesome. you doing Canada's Food Guide? i did and lost around 60lbs. i wish the best of luck on your weight loss!
    Nope... I'm pretty much winging it with help from friends who are health freaks and I'm getting advice from a friend of the family that works at Herbal One.

I wish you the best of luck .

Thread Information