View Poll Results: BMW or Benz?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • BMW M5

20 52.63%
  • Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG

14 36.84%
  • Teh Cadillac STS-V kicks their euro assez, American muscle FTW!

4 10.53%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes Benz E63 AMG vs. BMW M5

hmmm the caddys definatley the coolest. regardless of american mussel...in fact gimme the caddy with the M5 V10 and the merc's comfort
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    lolstfu fanboi

This post probably warrants an infraction, but who cares.
    We've already established I'm a caring person.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    Agreed. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    lolstfu fanboi

This post probably warrants an infraction, but who cares.
    Your mom is the only thing I am a fanboi of.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    hmmm the caddys definatley the coolest. regardless of american mussel...in fact gimme the caddy with the M5 V10 and the merc's comfort
    I have to admit, the Caddy is the best looking. That is obvious, but it's GM's constant cost cutting and the ar's overall cheapness that keeps it from being a real competitor. If GM would just actually spend some money and not be so frugal, the new Caddys would really be something. The USA would finally have something in Europe's rearviews.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

i think the northstar V8 GM has is great, real competition for the european market, just get a good gearbox and car attatched t it and your onto a winner! I think their real close. the sts is a fine car just a bit cheap inside
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    Off topic, but do you have that F40 shot (and possibly more like it) in high res. It'd make a glorious desktop.

Oh and so I don't completely derail, I'd take neither. Neither car appeals to me. Audi RS 6, of any hyper sedan, and it'll be reinforced further when the new one comes out.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

i gotta saw the benz all the way. ive never been much of a fan of bmw i figure if you wanna get a german car and be all classy might as well go all the way and for me, it doesn't get much classier than a benz (personal opinion of course)

plus i am a huge fan of american muscle and i consider the benz to be the closest thing to american muscle on there (including the caddy :^(

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    i gotta saw the benz all the way. ive never been much of a fan of bmw i figure if you wanna get a german car and be all classy might as well go all the way and for me, it doesn't get much classier than a benz (personal opinion of course)

plus i am a huge fan of american muscle and i consider the benz to be the closest thing to american muscle on there (including the caddy :^(
    Interesting. In the Uk some poll revealed that most people thought the x-type was classier than a c-class, 3-series, A4 etc. While they may subjectively still lead in class their quality has been superceded elsewhere.

I think the muscle cars in the UK are the VXRs. I saw a 240hp thingy astra today ! I feel that merc are too electronicly governed to feel as liberating as a musscle car.
    autozine.org

the merc looks good and sounds hot but it doesn't look good enough. it still looks like an e class. the beemer doesn't look like a 5 series at all it has the outline but from any angle u can say thats an M. merc needs better tranny's too.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Well, the fact that the E63 looks like an E class is the reason why I like it better then the bimmer.

I worded that one post wrong, when i said the M5 was a pure track car. What I mean is that the M5 previously was the ultimate sleeper. It looked just like the normal 5 series except for soem minor changes. The new M5 has "M5" written all over it, and it completely lost that whole sleeper charastic that made you like it in the first place. That is why the new M5 doesn't measure up to me IMO.

And I agree with the Northstar. As I said, if GM would stop being so cheap and put some high quality materials in that interior, Cadillac would be a real euro competitor. The CAdillac's downfall is purely cheapness and inferior plastic materials.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    Interesting. In the Uk some poll revealed that most people thought the x-type was classier than a c-class, 3-series, A4 etc. While they may subjectively still lead in class their quality has been superceded elsewhere.
    Within a class-concious culture like the UK, is this poll result reflected in sales? Or is the perception unrelated to subjection?

the caddilac would be more compettitve if the z06's engine was under the hood
    You could also apply that to the E63 AMG in the form of a E65 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Obviously the Cadillac is the only decent choice here.
    Pft.

I know someone who decided to have a CTS as a company car, since they are supposed to be selling them.

He went through several before defecting to something Bavarian that won't break, and dealers can't even give the things away.

I'd have an a deposit on a QP Auto and an E34 & E39 M5 in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius View Post
    The M5 is purely a track car.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

cough..anyway, the M5 is too much of a compromise for me, and way too ugly, so i'd have to choose the AMG even if i'm not exactly fond of it either.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information