Thread: portable photo storage

portable photo storage

im looking into something that will allow me to transfer my photos straight from my CF card into this device. i will be going on trips this spring and summer and a gig plus a few other cards isnt gonna cut it for a 2 week trip. i saw a few things but was wondering if anyone has some experience with this or some recomendations.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

get a jump/zip drive thingy, my dads got a couple and they r awesome
    UCP's Most Hardcore 2 Door Performance Car Freak

UCP's Most Hardcore Fitness Freak

Im Going To Be A Millionare At 17

Argue Me If You Want ^^

iriver mp3 players feature UMS support, which allows devices which support this to be connected straight to them. Some digital cameras support this, but you'll have to look into yourself. i've got an iriver H320 20gb mp3 player for $555AUD (which was cost price) and i just bought a Fujifilm S3500 camera. I'm going to figure out how it works and i'll post back how it goes
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    im looking into something that will allow me to transfer my photos straight from my CF card into this device. i will be going on trips this spring and summer and a gig plus a few other cards isnt gonna cut it for a 2 week trip. i saw a few things but was wondering if anyone has some experience with this or some recomendations.
    My suggestion is to use a laptop, which I do. Might be on the heavy side but it has the capacity and you can link an external harddisk to that easily. Have not heard of cameras that can be directly linked to a storage medium. (but that does not say anything, because I am not good at picking up the "latest" developments myself, somebody has to tell me )
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    stfu fgt

ps youre gay
    you are sure you are posting in the right thread?????
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

lol, woops my bad. IGNORE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    lol, woops my bad. IGNORE IT.
    better you delete it

I've used laptop too. Dump a days worth onto the PC.
    But as I'm usually on business it makes sense

One I've done successfully on the Isle of Man was to go to local photographic store and get them to dump it onto CD. Cost me £2 ( $2.60 at the time, $4 now ), IF you are going to a place likely to have big name stores it's the easiest. Takes them 5 minutes - and you get to play with th elatest cameras and lenses while waiting Actually it might not even need big name stores now !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    One I've done successfully on the Isle of Man was to go to local photographic store and get them to dump it onto CD. Cost me £2 ( $2.60 at the time, $4 now ), IF you are going to a place likely to have big name stores it's the easiest. Takes them 5 minutes - and you get to play with th elatest cameras and lenses while waiting Actually it might not even need big name stores now !!!
    Could be done on the isle as the circuit is spread all over it, but if you are in remote areas like Spa or the Nuerburgring, finding such shops might be not that easy, amd the opening hours may also not coincide with the times you want them to do it, and certainly not on sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Could be done on the isle as the circuit is spread all over it, but if you are in remote areas like Spa or the Nuerburgring, finding such shops might be not that easy, amd the opening hours may also not coincide with the times you want them to do it, and certainly not on sundays.
    Local Asda store is 24/7

But yeah, not going to work well in all places.

Laptop is always my choice - and the plus is you can go online and see the results of the races and weather forecasts for next day - friends laughed at me when I took laptop for the first TT. Not by the evening
    How much are you wanting to spend ?
    Archos are superb little devices, 300,000 photos storage AND the latest one will record from your TV to watch later
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-27-2005 at 03:54 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Local Asda store is 24/7

But yeah, not going to work well in all places.

Laptop is always my choice - and the plus is you can go online and see the results of the races and weather forecasts for next day - friends laughed at me when I took laptop for the first TT. Not by the evening
    one of the beneifts of being closely connected to UCP is having access to press centers on the circuits, that offer almost all media options

Thread Information