Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: nVidia 8800GTX: My Review

what are the latest graphically chalenging games. I recently picked up a 7900GS 512Mb but want a new game. I have the usual far cry, cod2, hl2 and fear. any newcomers?
    autozine.org

Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Oblivion
    with all due respect is that it. Its not really my style of game! thanks anyway
    autozine.org

well, i had the same problem when i bought my x1900xt 512mb, and the truth is that nothing will trully test it yet. Oblivion has amazing graphics but a great engine, so anything relatively good can run it on high-end specs. Rainbow 6: vegas i found has amazing graphics. Its renowned for only playing on top-spec pcs. Mine played it without any problems which still leads me to believe there must be a game out there that has better graphics than all of these. But to be entirely honest, until Unreal Tournament 2007 and C+C Tiberium wars in March, and until crisis is released, those are the best at the moment.

People still regard HL2 as having the best graphics though. With HL2: episode one having the added bonus of HDR I wouldnt disagree with them either. However I'm closely following the development on the Unreal 3 engine. Most recently the only PC game using it in Rainbow 6: vegas. So I'd advise that you buy it. You wont be disappointed. Atleast to test it out before the shed loads of games are released this year that will make the most of both of our Graphics cards
    Last edited by Cotterik; 01-18-2007 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    well, i had the same problem when i bought my x1900xt 512mb, and the truth is that nothing will trully test it yet. Oblivion has amazing graphics but a great engine, so anything relatively good can run it on high-end specs. Rainbow 6: vegas i found has amazing graphics. Its renowned for only playing on top-spec pcs. Mine played it without any problems which still leads me to believe there must be a game out there that has better graphics than all of these. But to be entirely honest, until Unreal Tournament 2007 and C+C Tiberium wars in March, and until crisis is released, those are the best at the moment.

People still regard HL2 as having the best graphics though. With HL2: episode one having the added bonus of HDR I wouldnt disagree with them either. However I'm closely following the development on the Unreal 3 engine. Most recently the only PC game using it in Rainbow 6: vegas. So I'd advise that you buy it. You wont be disappointed. Atleast to test it out before the shed loads of games are released this year that will make the most of both of our Graphics cards
    thanks very much! my old 7600GT dealt with HL2 really well but i could buy episode 1 and crank it up again. Also i have ordered rainbow 6 of amazon. Thanks
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    what are the latest graphically chalenging games. I recently picked up a 7900GS 512Mb but want a new game. I have the usual far cry, cod2, hl2 and fear. any newcomers?
    not new but pretty, x3??
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    not new but pretty, x3??
    true, but extremely complicated and pretty aimless gameplay.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Oh noes I killed it.

I'll be on my mom's laptop for a week until I replace it either Saturday or Monday. I hate my thermal paste........some of it managed to get tucked under the memory chips and kinda shorted one or two of them. I can still boot into Windows, that's the funny part, only with a bunch of stripes on my screen and lower resolution. Oh well.

I eff'ed up the cleaning part when I was setting up the watercooling system so that's why the thermal paste got under, so as soon as I get the replacement, it'll be watercooled on day one.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Oh noes I killed it.

I'll be on my mom's laptop for a week until I replace it either Saturday or Monday. I hate my thermal paste........some of it managed to get tucked under the memory chips and kinda shorted one or two of them. I can still boot into Windows, that's the funny part, only with a bunch of stripes on my screen and lower resolution. Oh well.

I eff'ed up the cleaning part when I was setting up the watercooling system so that's why the thermal paste got under, so as soon as I get the replacement, it'll be watercooled on day one.
    gutted. its a sad day. can you get it replaced under warenty or will you have to shell out again.?
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    gutted. its a sad day. can you get it replaced under warenty or will you have to shell out again.?
    I never shelled out for one, it was a gift and now I'm getting replacement from the guy I got it from, on Tuesday. I'll probably receive a Superclocked version as replacement, all for free.

Anyway some news got leaked and 8900 will only be an overclocked 8800 that'll compete with ATi's R600.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Very impressive:

Jens was able to show some DX10 content, one demo based on the DX10 version of the Unreal 3 engine, really cool. But very impressive was a playable level of Crysis. Yes, it's downright gorgeous. I must say that a GeForce 8800 GTX 768 MB was able to push barely acceptable framerates at 1920x1200, and no AA was enabled!

Crysis will push the way we look at games to a completely new level. The detailing is amazing, but if you want that rich and high detail level at higher resolutions then you better get prepared for some serious DX10 gear
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/article/422/1/

If it can do 1920x1200 at stock speeds then I wonder what it can do overclocked on 1680x1050.

Hurry up Crytek..............
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

you killed your 8800XTX?

you fool

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    Very impressive:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/article/422/1/

If it can do 1920x1200 at stock speeds then I wonder what it can do overclocked on 1680x1050.

Hurry up Crytek..............
    1680x1050 = t3h pwnage res

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    you killed your 8800XTX?

you fool
    That happened a long time ago, been running on my new GTX since a couple weeks after that incident.

This new one may have an ugly green PCB instead of the old and sexy black PCB, but let's just say..........I'm running 2500Mhz GDDR3 24/7, and 2590Mhz is max I can go but oh well I don't wanna push it that hard. The one I "killed" (it died in a thermal paste accident, damn you AS5) only reached up to 2440Mhz, barely. Hynix > Samsung!!
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

i still dont understand why you need to oclock it that much with the games you're playing

Thread Information