Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gumball 3000

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    All the cars have the same sponsors, so i'm gussing it's a requirement to have them. I guess they're easy enough to take off at the end of the rally.
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

I wonder if they are magnetic
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    I wonder if they are magnetic
    It'd surprise me if they werent to be honest. I can't imagine anyone, even these rich guys wanting to put (potentially) damaging stickers on their supercars.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    It'd surprise me if they werent to be honest. I can't imagine anyone, even these rich guys wanting to put (potentially) damaging stickers on their supercars.
    Some cars can get away with magnetic stickers but for the supercars it will be pretty trickey getting them to stick to carbon fiber and fiberglass
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

http://www.supercars.net/gallery/119513/1306/1.html

here is a link to a page that haves high res pics of the start of the gunball 3000
    Ferrari Is The Best

It's good to hear that several drivers already got their licenses revoked and their cars impounded. On the other hand it is sad to see that people still have not learned their lessons, fifty years after that tragic Mille Miglia.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by mavanhaasteren View Post
    http://www.supercars.net/gallery/119513/1306/1.html

here is a link to a page that haves high res pics of the start of the gunball 3000
    In one of those pictures I can see a group on my mates Being serious..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

The decals are probably of the vinyl rub on type. They can be peeled off with no problems after the Rally is done. As for that flickr gallery, it's awesome. Those are some killer images in there! I had to add you as a contact, 1280x960!!!!
    Last edited by KonaGreen; 05-01-2007 at 12:26 AM.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Gotta see how that Veyron rates...
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    Gotta see how that Veyron rates...
    Rates? Against what?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    it is sad to see that people still have not learned their lessons, fifty years after that tragic Mille Miglia.
    what happened then?
    i do recall that events like cannonball aren't popular here after a japanese dentist flipped his F40 across the finish line at 250km/h+ and killed 3 people.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    what happened then?
    i do recall that events like cannonball aren't popular here after a japanese dentist flipped his F40 across the finish line at 250km/h+ and killed 3 people.
    A Ferrari hit the crowd, killing the driver, co-driver, many spectators and also the Mille Miglia. Racing should be done in a controlled situation, not around innocent road-users.

(Ted Joans)

The Gumball organisers have always said it's not a race. Oh and last year at Targa Tasmania a Mini left the road and hit a bunch of spectators. Luckily no one was killed. That's a supposedly controlled environment, should they cancel that? At most rallies there's spectator points that could possibly be hit by a car if it crashed badly.
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 05-01-2007 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    The Gumball organisers have always said it's not a race. Oh and last year at Targa Tasmania a Mini left the road and hit a bunch of spectators. Luckily no one was killed. That's a supposedly controlled environment, should the cancel that? At most rallies there's spectator points that could possibly be hit a car if it crashed badly.
    The Gumball participants seem to have little respect for the traffic regulations though. I could not care less if they kill themselves, but they risk the lives of anybody that gets in their way. Do they close the roads for the Targa Tasmania? It's a significant difference if a spectator gets hurt, or an innocent road user.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    The Gumball organisers have always said it's not a race. Oh and last year at Targa Tasmania a Mini left the road and hit a bunch of spectators. Luckily no one was killed. That's a supposedly controlled environment, should they cancel that? At most rallies there's spectator points that could possibly be hit by a car if it crashed badly.
    they had some slip ups this year too... eric bana crashed his falcon as well i think? don't think anyone was killed either.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information