Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blitz R35 GT-R

Blitz R35 GT-R

I dont know forsure, but will this be the New D1 car for Nomuken to replace the Blitz ER34??? Rumor has it, that this R35 will be on the D1 campaign, and it has a similar graphics scheme as the current D1 ER34...here are the pics of the New GT-R by BlitZ, and the current ER34 by BlitZ.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Oo____oO GT-R

This would mean that they've converted it to RWD and defeated the electronics....hmm...
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

It's called standalone and taking out the front diff.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    This would mean that they've converted it to RWD and defeated the electronics....hmm...
    ...or removed...

can't see the point of such heavy transformation and trying to maintain references to the original car. it's like the cars form the JGTC which have just the names in common with the road cars.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    ...or removed...

can't see the point of such heavy transformation and trying to maintain references to the original car. it's like the cars form the JGTC which have just the names in common with the road cars.
    That applies to a lot of race cars based on road cars, actually.

not to sound like a total retard here, but, i thought those skylines were RWD. or am i missing something?

EDIT: Nevermind, just realized their AWD haha. I feel stupid now

Quote Originally Posted by 70cuda88 View Post
    not to sound like a total retard here, but, i thought those skylines were RWD. or am i missing something?

EDIT: Nevermind, just realized their AWD haha. I feel stupid now
    Since the introduction of the BNR32 in 1989, they always used the famous and praised ATTESA-ETS AWD system, which is more or less what made a Skyline GT-R a Skyline GT-R. That, and the RB26DETT engine.
    Last edited by fisetdavid26; 08-06-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Since the introduction of the BNR32 in 1989, they always used the famous and praised ATTESA-ETS AWD system, which is more or less what made a Skyline GT-R a Skyline GT-R. That, and the RB26DETT engine.
    yes thats true...but the ER34 in the pic is RWD sedan...so are the GT-S's...they look like GTR's but they are RWD...I think they even have the RB25 engine too...not forsure on that though...so I'm guessing they had to convert the NEW R35 GTR to RWD for the D1GP, but I dont really have to much info on the car at this time...
    Oo____oO GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by CamNismo View Post
    yes thats true...but the ER34 in the pic is RWD sedan...so are the GT-S's...they look like GTR's but they are RWD...I think they even have the RB25 engine too...not forsure on that though...so I'm guessing they had to convert the NEW R35 GTR to RWD for the D1GP, but I dont really have to much info on the car at this time...
    Ah yes, the 'normal' Skyline's are RWD, the ATTESA-ETS and the RB26 are GT-R-exclusive.

The 'normal' R34 sedan for example used engines ranging from a dodgy 2.0-liter 140 bhp I-6 engine to a 2.5-liter 280 bhp turbocharged I-6.

Ah yes, the 'normal' Skyline's are RWD, the ATTESA-ETS and the RB26 are GT-R-exclusive.

The 'normal' R34 sedan for example used engines ranging from a dodgy 2.0-liter 140 bhp I-6 engine to a 2.5-liter 280 bhp turbocharged I-6.
    isnt the engine like an RB20 or RB25 in those??? I know that Nomuken has been driving the SEDAN skylines in D1 for awhile now, so they have proven to be a great drift machine, but still not up to GTR standards...
    Oo____oO GT-R

isnt the engine like an RB20 or RB25 in those??? I know that Nomuken has been driving the SEDAN skylines in D1 for awhile now, so they have proven to be a great drift machine, but still not up to GTR standards...
    Yes, RB20DE, RB25DE and RB25DET.

Yep, the RWD Skyline's are better drifters than the GT-R's.

I have a friend who owns a R32 GT-R and another one who owns a R32 GTS-t, and having tried both I'd say the GTS-t is easier to get sideways, since the AWD on the GT-R just holds you way too firmly on the tarmac to even hope getting properly sideways

I have a friend who owns a R32 GT-R and another one who owns a R32 GTS-t, and having tried both I'd say the GTS-t is easier to get sideways, since the AWD on the GT-R just holds you way too firmly on the tarmac to even hope getting properly sideways
    wow, I envy you, I have seen many GTRs at shows and stuff, but never drove one...wish i could...hell even a GTS-T wouldnt be bad...I think here in the USA, they have a car in Formula D thats a GTR, but they converted it to RWD...its drove by a Japan Driver and its made my TANABE...its like pearlesant paint, I got picks, but cant find them now...im sure you know what car im talking bout...
    Oo____oO GT-R

wow, I envy you, I have seen many GTRs at shows and stuff, but never drove one...wish i could...hell even a GTS-T wouldnt be bad...I think here in the USA, they have a car in Formula D thats a GTR, but they converted it to RWD...its drove by a Japan Driver and its made my TANABE...its like pearlesant paint, I got picks, but cant find them now...im sure you know what car im talking bout...
    Perhaps, if you find your pics let me take a look

If you want to drive a GT-R come to Canada, I see them quite regularly, that, Fairlady Z's, Silvia's and Soarer's... and they're rather cheap! You can buy a GT-R in very decent condition for $10k CDN. 15-year old import rule ftw.

a guy in the next neighborhood has a GTS-T, here in Florida. seen a couple GTRs too. FL has some rather dubious import laws though.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Well...duh, as the GT-R was never meant for smoky 4-wheel drifting.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information