Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Better than Corvette C6 Z06?

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen Hobo
    Is there any car out there, at the corvett z06 price (like $60 right??) that's actually better than it in terms of performance?
    Depends how you define performance, and where you live of course. I'm not au fait with ZO6 acceleration figures but a Nota F1 could be specced up to beat it for considerably less than US$60k - and the Nota would probably be a fraction of the cost of a Corvette ZO6 which had been modified to make it legal to drive here (eg taxed & converted to r/h/d)

For example, Mustang GTs retail here for a whopping AU$115k after r/h/d conversion - or almost double the price of a Holden Monaro aka Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    And yes, in Holland taxes are pretty high, but forum members from Denmark can tell you even more impressive horror stories.
    Unfortunately Finland is quite good on that aswell...

Corvette 6.0 V8 Coupe, 97150€ (USD 118377, AUD 161939, £67470)
    Corvette 6.0 V8 Coupe A, 100350€ (USD 122276, AUD 167273, £69693)
    Corvette 6.0 V8 Convertible, 110550€ (USD 134705, AUD 184275, £76776)
    Corvette 6.0 V8 Convertible A, 113750€ (USD 138604, AUD 189609, £78999)

Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Coupé, 151300€ (USD 184359, AUD 252201, £105077)
    Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet, 168300€ (USD 205073, AUD 280539, £116884)

Ferrari 430, 238100€ (USD 290124, AUD 396889, £165360)
    Ferrari 430 F1, 249800€ (USD 304381, AUD 416392, £173486)
    Ferrari 430 Spider, 263700€ (USD 321318, AUD 439561, £183139)
    Ferrari 430 Spider F1, 275200€ (USD 335331, AUD 458730, £191126)

Despite the prices the Carrera's are quite common here, but I've yet to see a Finnish owned 430 (I've seen a handfull of 360's though).
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

I doubt it is actually illeagal to import a TVR.

It would be pretty stupid though, becuase you're going to have to stick in a crate and fly it over to the UK every time you need it fixed/serviced/whatever, because I doubt anyone in the USA has a clue what to do with a Speed Six.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I doubt it is actually illeagal to import a TVR.

It would be pretty stupid though, becuase you're going to have to stick in a crate and fly it over to the UK every time you need it fixed/serviced/whatever, because I doubt anyone in the USA has a clue what to do with a Speed Six.
    It wouldnt be illegal to import it, but illegal to drive it.

Hmmmmmm i really think somethings wrong with that im sure you couls raise it slightly re-badge it and have something done like an SVA test saying its your own kit car and that will probably pass and hey presto you have a TVR legaly in america.

And to be honest if it is ilegal, thats the most stupid thing ive heard and you don't deserve to have such an amazing car

Note: Yes the Cerbera is 2+2, and Note it does Rock!!!!

0-60 - 3.9 secs
    top speed: you can never know its a TVR around 195+(whats stated in the leaflet).
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Quote Originally Posted by matek
    Hmmmmmm i really think somethings wrong with that im sure you couls raise it slightly re-badge it and have something done like an SVA test saying its your own kit car and that will probably pass and hey presto you have a TVR legaly in america.

And to be honest if it is ilegal, thats the most stupid thing ive heard and you don't deserve to have such an amazing car
    Its illegal because it wouldnt pass crash tests or emissions.
    I would assume you could order the drivetrain and chassis seperetly and assemble them in the US and then register it a "kit car."

They're putting a stop to that though (or already have.) Availability of parts would be a huge problem, and TVRs aren't known for reliability.

I wouldn't buy a Z06 unless it was as a second car, its a stripped down track car and wouldn't be a pleasent thing to drive every day, fast or not.

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    They're putting a stop to that though (or already have.) Availability of parts would be a huge problem, and TVRs aren't known for reliability.

I wouldn't buy a Z06 unless it was as a second car, its a stripped down track car and wouldn't be a pleasent thing to drive every day, fast or not.
    Its hardly "stripped out", especially compared to something like a TVR or Elise.
    They just removed some sound deadening materials, and the exhaust even has a butterfly valve as well making it very quiet under 2500RPMs. It even has an option nav system available.

I agree on the second car thing though, although not for the same reason.
    A 2 seater is hardly practical, it runs on 93 octane (.30+ cents more expencive than regular 87), I wouldnt dare drive it in the snow t/c or not(or in the salt they lay down), and I certainly wouldnt want my $70,000+ baby getting scratched/scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t

ebay.co.uk, my friend, they obviously sell TVR stuff and they have already banned the ship engine then chassis to build your ultimate car
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Why wouldn't it be legal to have a right hand drive car in America???

Not only that, it also has to pass the SMOG test. And it has to have a colapsable steering-wheel. Maybe you don't need that in the U.K. But you do over here. If it already has that, then I would think about buying it. I for now, I am going to take the ZO6.
    Fords suck, Chevys rule, but its Ferrari that makes me drool

Quote Originally Posted by PrevlingPushrod
    Why wouldn't it be legal to have a right hand drive car in America???
    Protectionism
    Not only that, it also has to pass the SMOG test. And it has to have a colapsable steering-wheel. Maybe you don't need that in the U.K. But you do over here. If it already has that, then I would think about buying it. I for now, I am going to take the ZO6.
    erm, do you think Europe is some back-water where safety isn't an issue ?
    Check out the Euro NCAP site. You'll see that the euro boxes pass the crash and safety tests better than the US imports !!
    Emissions are a little bit slacker than California tho, granted !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Protectionism

erm, do you think Europe is some back-water where safety isn't an issue ?
    Check out the Euro NCAP site. You'll see that the euro boxes pass the crash and safety tests better than the US imports !!
    Emissions are a little bit slacker than California tho, granted !!!
    Alright. I'll keep that in the back of my mind. Right behind the fact that the Corvette ZO6 is the world's best supercar value! How fast is the Nobel? (Just asking)

I guess the Nobel is pretty slow as it's only given away once a year

The Noble depends on the engine.
    Also, we've had the debate on fast versus quick too often to revisit it again.

"value" is an even more diffictul subject. Earning over $200K a year makes the price of a supercar fairly irrelevant. Especially if RESALE value is considered too. Many supercars cost less to own over a short period as you get most of your money back -- adn in some cases you can actually get MORE back ( Just like the GT40 managed for a short time )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Alright, I looked up the Nobel and it is a nice car. But if I am going to pick a car I would hace to see both of them in a head-to-head compearison. But anything can go fast with a twin-turbocharged engine. But for now, I am going to take the best bowtie in the world.

Are you some race driver because i just know it if your not your not going to use the full potential

Noble M400 is the top of the reange and it will obliterate the ZO6 no questions asked

Did anyone read in either CAR or EVO they drove a noble around america the guy pulled up to his hotel opened the door and forgot the curbs were soooo high and smacked the door outch..............
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Thread Information