Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini Estoque the first pictures and information

I have two questions for everyone do you think it will have scissor doors and also do you think Lamborgini will launch an SUV any time soon for the last question I just hope it does not look like that hummer look a like they launched some years ago
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

The Side, the Rear is awesome... work of art. But the front... oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by hec16 View Post
    I have two questions for everyone do you think it will have scissor doors and also do you think Lamborgini will launch an SUV any time soon for the last question I just hope it does not look like that hummer look a like they launched some years ago
    I highly doubt scissor doors will be installed. It would make Lamborghini look even more bat sh*t nutty, but I can't see it happening. As for the SUV, I think Winkelmann in the past has stated there would not be one.

The great thing about this concept is that it's supposedly got around 3-4 years before a production model would exist. A lot could happen then. A German magazine has even stated that if a production model happens, it would probably become a 2+2 coupe with a V10.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

So they've put a new body on Audi A8 chassis?

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. It's like the old bull has been put out to pasture and calmly graze.
    Yeah... I have to agree with you... Compared to these cars like the countach, diablo, and murcielago... The Estoque is some what different...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Except the countach.
    Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    and te diablo, unless Devil was the name of a bull
    And the Jamara IIRC. (Well and techincally the 350/400GT)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Are you commenting in jest?

Silly?!

I mean based on so much I have read from you, in your world, Ferrari should still be making 3L front engine V12s, Porsche should still be making the 911 the way it looked for 25 years and the engine should be air-cooled (or maybe the 356?), and what Ford should still be making the Model T? I mean there's a place for heritage, but there's also a place for growth and innovation.

Note the exaggeration.
    I meant silly as excessive and mad, not as a bad thing.

I know you exagerate, but in a way yes I think manufacturers should stay true to their principles and values. If not what's the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z View Post
    Right, but there is also a difference between is and meant to have been. Most people have only known the Lamborghini that didnt care how easy it was to enter the car. It's less wild than what it has been for most of it's models and for what it has really come to embody.

Whether it's a good or bad thing is personal opinion but either way it is uncharacteristic. Although that may change sooner than later.
    It may be uncharacterisitc now, but it's not uncharacteristic of Lamborgihini as a whole. That was what I was pointing out.

What I meant is that (Audi parts aside) this will be a proper Lambo, at least as far as the concept is concerned.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    That's because people only remember the silly mid engined supercars.

But Ferrucio's primary aim was to create the world's best grand tourer.

He'd probably love this car.
    Agreed. The 400GT 2+2 and the Espada are two of my favorite Lambos of all time. Too bad they're not talking about a V12 in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    I think the styling would work better with a 2 door.
    Agreed.

Are you commenting in jest?

Silly?!

I mean based on so much I have read from you, in your world, Ferrari should still be making 3L front engine V12s, Porsche should still be making the 911 the way it looked for 25 years and the engine should be air-cooled (or maybe the 356?), and what Ford should still be making the Model T? I mean there's a place for heritage, but there's also a place for growth and innovation.

Note the exaggeration.
    Growth and innovation are overrated.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

I know you exagerate, but in a way yes I think manufacturers should stay true to their principles and values. If not what's the point?
    What if you build yourself as an innovator? If your shtick is innovation then you just do whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Growth and innovation are overrated.
    I disagree.

As it pertains to cars, technological innovation may not always make for as fun a driving experience, but technology and progress and innovation is something I value highly. Look at the engine development over the years for example - is having more power, less emissions, lower weight, and better performance and in many cases reliability, overrated? Or what about safety innovations and stylistic ones? Handling characteristics?

Old cars do have their unique charm, but the great thing with old cars is that if you want one, you can buy one as well as they are out there! I suppose I can see the interest of a car company producing an old-style car for many years but I can see more interest in a car producing new cars or evolutions of old cars - if you prefer previous versions or other past models, by all means, purchase them. Retaining certain characteristics can be acceptable as a design theme for sure but keeping it in stasis over many years may not be wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    1)Truth is, this is effectively a modern Espada, which, if memory serves me correctly, was released only two years after the Miura, but this just happens to have 4doors, due to practicality and the fact it'll be easier to climb into the back of it than if it was two doors only.
    the espada has a more more interesting look imo, is not as common as this is, beside details as the air intakes. this is just fancy. not astonishing, just disappointing at an astoninshing level, imo. my complain is that it isn't alegant, proportioned or lunatic as Laborghini are. all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by justukas View Post
    So they've put a new body on Audi A8 chassis?
    new one I suppose, the modular platform already used for A4/5

And the Jamara IIRC. (Well and techincally the 350/400GT).
    you meant Jarama right?

What I meant is that (Audi parts aside) this will be a proper Lambo, at least as far as the concept is concerned.
    I don't think, so, I need a very good reason to think this will be a proper Lamborghini, and up to now I didn't find it.

EDIT: and now I found why I would never buy this: Fisker Karma. ktnksbai.
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 10-02-2008 at 07:02 AM.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    See the thing is, an established name is a precious commodity. VAG, or even just Audi group have other names they can use for all sorts of vehicles, they should try to keep Lamborghini as pure as possible to keep up the specialness of it. If they want to make a 4d tourer, that's great, but maybe it'd fit better under a different badge?
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

looks like the hood has some ferrari in its blood
    and the rear looks different, almost citroen?
    not trying to degrade it but, the only way i could tell its a lambo is the front intakes and the exhausts.
    I think "Koenigsegg" is Sweedish for "OH NO, MY HEADS JUST EXPLODED!"

If you can still see the cops,
    you're not going fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    See the thing is, an established name is a precious commodity. VAG, or even just Audi group have other names they can use for all sorts of vehicles, they should try to keep Lamborghini as pure as possible to keep up the specialness of it. If they want to make a 4d tourer, that's great, but maybe it'd fit better under a different badge?

I thouroughly agree

Quote Originally Posted by hec16 View Post
    I think that it will have the rx-8 style doors, the front regular with the rear suicide; at least thats what it looks like in the pictures...

And God forbid that they attempt to make an SUV, i think that it could potentially tarnish any supercar/hypercar manufacturer's reputation among purists who would potentially buy it anyway.

What if you build yourself as an innovator? If your shtick is innovation then you just do whatever.
    Then you innovate. But it's not innovation for the sake of innovation.

See Subaru, they made a boxer diesel. That's innovation while remaining faithful to their pinciples.

Citroën with the fixed central on the steering wheel or the concave rear window. Innovative but very Citroën at the same time.

And so it goes on. But my point is I don't want cars that aren't faithful to themselves. Take the new Citroën C5, very good car I'm sure but too german. If I wanted a german car I'd buy one, not a french car pretending to be german.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I don't think, so, I need a very good reason to think this will be a proper Lamborghini, and up to now I didn't find it.
    Because except maybe for the 4 doors and the odd angular styling, that's a car Ferruccio would've loved to design and build.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Because except maybe for the 4 doors and the odd angular styling, that's a car Ferruccio would've loved to design and build.
    I disagree, he liked emotional and exiting cars, while this isn't, imo.
    maybe he could have liked this, but it's just my words against yours, so not a real reason to say this is something I could accept as something Lamborghini needs in its line-up or that I can appreciate as a Lamborghini.
    Probably one day I will be used to it, bu that's not enough for such a brand and car.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information