Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The UCP 12 Hours of Sebring thread

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    The fight for 3rd between the AM and the C6 was fantastic, right up to the end of the race. Overall, the Audi win was rather boring. There wasn't much to it - they just came and won. No drama, no competition.
    And who had to be the fastest at the wheel of the Aston? A portuguese, of course! Lamy is always very fast. Shame his collegues were so much slower than him...
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Its good in a sense though. Consider the grid for Sebring, although an excellent race in the end, has only 35 cars(probably one of the smaller one in recent year), with most P1 car being either brand new(the 2 Dyson Lola B06/01, no one hasn't even turn a wheel in one of these in Europe, mated to a brand new AER V8, plus the new R10), or the old 675 Lola(never really had a hope for these to finish), the race was probably going to be a test for most of them. We almost had the entire P1 contigent wipe out if bigger probelm were to struck the #2 Audi...The fact that a P2 car finished overall 2nd, and P2 Porsches can fight for the win pace wise, means that the Protytype grid effectively became 1. The GT1s were always going to be near the overall sharp end. As they tend to run like a train, Corvette certainly is(with 1 car suffered a gearbox problem, changed internal in 6 laps' time(~12 min!), and ends up fighting for 3rd at the end with Aston. AM seems to made more mistake this time around....

I hope this is an indication for the rest of the year for P2, especially at Le Mans, where the 675 car has always been promising but failed to deliver anything...although they'd have to do it this year without Porsche....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

i think it's good audi won, i'm looking forward for future competition petrol vs diesel engines on the track
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac
    Its good in a sense though. Consider the grid for Sebring, although an excellent race in the end, has only 35 cars(probably one of the smaller one in recent year), with most P1 car being either brand new(the 2 Dyson Lola B06/01, no one hasn't even turn a wheel in one of these in Europe, mated to a brand new AER V8, plus the new R10), or the old 675 Lola(never really had a hope for these to finish), the race was probably going to be a test for most of them. We almost had the entire P1 contigent wipe out if bigger probelm were to struck the #2 Audi...The fact that a P2 car finished overall 2nd, and P2 Porsches can fight for the win pace wise, means that the Protytype grid effectively became 1. The GT1s were always going to be near the overall sharp end. As they tend to run like a train, Corvette certainly is(with 1 car suffered a gearbox problem, changed internal in 6 laps' time (~12 min!), and ends up fighting for 3rd at the end with Aston. AM seems to made more mistake this time around....

I hope this is an indication for the rest of the year for P2, especially at Le Mans, where the 675 car has always been promising but failed to deliver anything...although they'd have to do it this year without Porsche....
    Okay, first off, the Lola B06/10 was tested by Chamberlain Synergy Motorsport a few weeks ago at Donington. Second, the Corvette was in the garage for 30 minutes not 12. Third, the LMP2's are NOT LMP675's, they can be a hybrid LMP675, but they have to have some sort of thing that increases weight to the minimum for class, like ballast (done with the Courage C65), most LMP2's weigh around 775kgs (this year's minimum)

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    And who had to be the fastest at the wheel of the Aston? A portuguese, of course! Lamy is always very fast. Shame his collegues were so much slower than him...
    Tomas Enge did set the fastest lap in GT1 of the race

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Tomas Enge did set the fastest lap in GT1 of the race
    Just face it...The Corvettes beat your precious Aston Martins. lol Just kidding, but seriously where's your American pride?

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    Just face it...The Corvettes beat your precious Aston Martins. lol Just kidding, but seriously where's your American pride?
    I have British pride I take pride in my country although I am not too happy with the government at the moment. I did want Intersport Racing to win in LMP2 I just don't like the Corvettes because they win too much. Corvette Racing is screwed at Le Mans with the smaller restrictor and weight penalty

I have British pride I take pride in my country although I am not too happy with the government at the moment. I did want Intersport Racing to win in LMP2 I just don't like the Corvettes because they win too much. Corvette Racing is screwed at Le Mans with the smaller restrictor and weight penalty
    That's why I don't really follow the government, because I don't get politics and I don't really care. I think that it will still be a good race as Sebring has shown.

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    That's why I don't really follow the government, because I don't get politics and I don't really care. I think that it will still be a good race as Sebring has shown.
    Yes I agree. I like races with AMR and Corvette Racing because it makes GT1 a lot more interesting Hopefully AMR can get a win at Le Mans (or one of the Astons, whether it be the Russian Age Racing DBR9, or the BMS Scuderia Italia DBR9 )

Hopefully there actually will be competition in GT1 at Le Mans this year, since there is a few older entries that will get killed with weight penalties and smaller restrictors.

2 more days until the complete Le Mans entry list is released

Okay, first off, the Lola B06/10 was tested by Chamberlain Synergy Motorsport a few weeks ago at Donington. Second, the Corvette was in the garage for 30 minutes not 12. Third, the LMP2's are NOT LMP675's, they can be a hybrid LMP675, but they have to have some sort of thing that increases weight to the minimum for class, like ballast (done with the Courage C65), most LMP2's weigh around 775kgs (this year's minimum)

When did I say P2 is 675? 675 cars are still in P1 this year, while in the past when 675 was around they never managed any sort of showing at Le Mans. Chamberlain tested the car a full month after Dyson started running, and til the test day this month never have turned the wheel in anger.

At any rate, at Le Mans they will be running at the same weight as the Aston on the same restrictor equivelency formula, since the ballast and restrictor reduction is a ALMS perogative, not ACO.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac
    When did I say P2 is 675? 675 cars are still in P1 this year, while in the past when 675 was around they never managed any sort of showing at Le Mans. Chamberlain tested the car a full month after Dyson started running, and til the test day this month never have turned the wheel in anger.

At any rate, at Le Mans they will be running at the same weight as the Aston on the same restrictor equivelency formula, since the ballast and restrictor reduction is a ALMS perogative, not ACO.....
    Errr...the Corvettes will take a weight penalty because they won and their pace last year

Errr...the Corvettes will take a weight penalty because they won and their pace last year
    The Aston Martins had the same pace, so will suffer from the same penalties. Why do you try keep on trying to proof Racingmaniac wrong? He is very knowlegable and frankly you failed at every attempt. Read what he writes more carefully before you try to proof him wrong.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

NO.
    The 'vettes ( and the Aston ) ran at controlled pace during last year's race to avoid getting extra penalties this year.
    Took away from some of the feel of the competition on teh day
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    NO.
    The 'vettes ( and the Aston ) ran at controlled pace during last year's race to avoid getting extra penalties this year.
    Took away from some of the feel of the competition on teh day
    Oh damn I think the restrictions on pace should be lightened up a little bit. The Ferrari 550 GTS's struggled the whole entire race with the weight penalty and smaller restrictor and could not compete with the Corvettes and the Astons

Thread Information