Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lotus Locosts Alfa Romeo 159 SW TI

Pikes Peak is considered hillclimbing, or only the smaller downsized European way?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

it's considered as the most famous hillclimbing worldwide

Bah, that's our idea of hillclimbing, isn't it?

Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    A Peugeot?

EDIT: 508 SW?
    We got a winner!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost View Post
    We got a winner!!!!!
    so I was only 2 digits off....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    so I was only 2 digits off....
    Yeah, you where close Pieter!

The car I have ordered is a 508 SW in white, with Allure options package, and I checked some more boxes on the list besides what is standard in Allure trim. I was surprised that you can get a so well equipped 508 for much less money than similar competition. And the fact that the car is a very comfortable ride, with very good coupe space, and good luggage compartment, it is a very good car in family perspective. A ski-box will also come on the roof, so hurray for the family life!! The engine I have chosen is the 140 BHP 2.0 HDI with a 6 speed manual transmission. This engine configuration may not be available down in Europe (?), it looks like de-tuned version of the 163 BHP, though I don't know it for sure

I have searched the car in the forums of UCP, and I recall it got some mixed first thoughts, at least in the "official" thread on the forums. Now it has been on the market for a while, some of you have seen it alive and maybe some of you have tried it. What are you thoughts about it now?

So now I have a family car alibi, and the hunt for some serious Italian fun car for dad can begin

P.S I heard that the orders for factory 159 has stopped in various parts of Europe, anyone else heard the same? Maybe I should store it now, and wait for rapid increase in value!!

Congrats on the purchase.

In my opinion the estate looks far better than the saloon.
    P.S I heard that the orders for factory 159 has stopped in various parts of Europe, anyone else heard the same? Maybe I should store it now, and wait for rapid increase in value!!
    I think it's going out of production. Production of the Brera and Spider has stopped already. I don't know if the replacement is ready or not.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Congrats on the purchase.

In my opinion the estate looks far better than the saloon.

I think it's going out of production. Production of the Brera and Spider has stopped already. I don't know if the replacement is ready or not.
    Yeah, you are absolutely correct. If i didn't need the extra luggage-space the SW gives me, I would still prefer it over the sedan version. I feel that is a trend with modern cars. Maybe it is just me, but I recall very few saloons that looks better than the estate version.. I have actually felt this way many years now. That's why I bought both the Saab 9-3 and the 159 as estates. The better space wasn't crucial with none of them.

About the 159, the Giulia isn't up for production/delivery until 2013 isn't it?
    The rumors say that the 159 plant is now up for new Panda production...
    What cars are they selling the next two years then?? Re-badged Chryslers??

The Flavia Concept thing can be rebadged as the Alfa Romeo 160.

Or something.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yeah, I've heard it too. More worringly, a replacement won't arrive until 2013.

Joking aside, 159 is destined for future classic status without a doubt. It's pretty, it's well made, it's Italian, and above all - it is rare.

Oh, congrats on your new oil burner. 140 hp 2.0 HDI is available over here, with a price tag of €26,100 for 508 SW Allure.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Yeah, I've heard it too. More worringly, a replacement won't arrive until 2013.

Joking aside, 159 is destined for future classic status without a doubt. It's pretty, it's well made, it's Italian, and above all - it is rare.

Oh, congrats on your new oil burner. 140 hp 2.0 HDI is available over here, with a price tag of €26,100 for 508 SW Allure.
    Yeah I worry about that to, I guess we just have to see in the upcoming motorshows this autumn.. They are down to only Golf-class or smaller now, in a hefty two-car-lineup! The 159 will be a future classic for sure. I am pretty determined to have a 3.2 Q4 in a couple of years... Perfect for Norwegian winter conditions

Yeah, you get your cars cheaper down there, I used that to mislead the ones that didn't know that our government rape us on a regular basis...

P.S: The car in your avatar is a hot candidate for "daddys car of the year" award!

We do not have the 140bhp version. It jumps straight to the 163bhp engine from the 112bhp 1.6 litre.
    Visca Catalunya!

Nice buy! Quite a handsome looking car from Peugeot - the nicest I've seen from them in a while. 6 speed manual diesel sounds like a match made in heaven for mileage! Not bad.

A 3.2 Q4 would be quite the Daddy's car...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    We do not have the 140bhp version. It jumps straight to the 163bhp engine from the 112bhp 1.6 litre.
    Yeah, i suspect that it is a special model for northern Europe Tax purpose.
    They also make different gearboxes for northern Europe, since we got little highways with high speed and needs higher gears for winter conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Nice buy! Quite a handsome looking car from Peugeot - the nicest I've seen from them in a while. 6 speed manual diesel sounds like a match made in heaven for mileage! Not bad.

A 3.2 Q4 would be quite the Daddy's car...
    It is a nice Pug for sure! The design has grown on me since the first time I saw it, but it's not in the "future classic" segment as a 159...

In a couple of years the 159 3.2 q4 will be in the price-range to be a second car

Yeah, i suspect that it is a special model for northern Europe Tax purpose.
    They also make different gearboxes for northern Europe, since we got little highways with high speed and needs higher gears for winter conditions.
    We used to have specially tuned gearboxes too (don't know if we still do). That was due to our relative lack of motorways and profusion of small twisty and hilly roads, which demanded short gears.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information