Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alfa Romeo 156 1.6

10 58.82%
  • Fiat Panda 100hp

7 41.18%

Thread: Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 vs. Fiat Panda 100hp

Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 vs. Fiat Panda 100hp

OK putting everything into context including performance, looks, costs, practicality and general opinions from all. I want to see what you would rather live with and anyone who has driven the 100hp let me know how it drives. I'm planning a test drive soon so any advice would be most welcome. And yes I am considering replacing the Alfa with one but i'm not sure wether i'm ready to commit to buying it just yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dantera22B; 06-05-2008 at 01:49 PM.
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

Alfa 156. I hear the Panda is a great car, but that Alfa is just gorgeous.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

I'd stick with the Alfa. It's a better all rounder. And it's an Alfa.

'nuff said.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I guess it all depends on your means and the demands of your lifestyle.

Do you have kids? Does your job require carrying lots of stuff about? Do you have hobbies which require carrying lots of stuff about? If the answer is yes to any or all of these questions then you'd be mad not to stick with the Alfa.

In terms of sheer driving shits and giggles I'd take the Panda every time. The only 156 I would consider above it is the 3.2 V6.

If your budget is tight, again you should take the Panda every time. It'll be cheaper to tax, MUCH cheaper to insure, and a lot cheaper to run in terms of fuel mileage and repairs/servicing etc.

If it were up to me, I'd take the Panda in a flash. I don't have kids, I don't need huge amounts of load space, and I'm not that arsed about style or classiness in a daily driver. Cheap, cheerful and tons of fun wins the day for me.

But then again I'm not you, and you're not me. Your priorities may be different...
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Ive heard good things about the panda and the main problem with the Alfa is the age-old reliability issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post

Do you have kids? Does your job require carrying lots of stuff about? Do you have hobbies which require carrying lots of stuff about? If the answer is yes to any or all of these questions then you'd be mad not to stick with the Alfa.

In terms of sheer driving shits and giggles I'd take the Panda every time. The only 156 I would consider above it is the 3.2 V6.

If your budget is tight, again you should take the Panda every time. It'll be cheaper to tax, MUCH cheaper to insure, and a lot cheaper to run in terms of fuel mileage and repairs/servicing etc.

If it were up to me, I'd take the Panda in a flash. I don't have kids, I don't need huge amounts of load space, and I'm not that arsed about style or classiness in a daily driver. Cheap, cheerful and tons of fun wins the day for me.

But then again I'm not you, and you're not me. Your priorities may be different...
    I think in terms of interior space the flexibility of the Panda will make it a better option than the Alfa, which does not have folding seats and a proper rear door. Take buying a fridge as an example...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

1.6? Count me out. Panda 100hp is lovely but then again ... i wouldn't like those upright sitting position of these smallcars ...
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

The Alfa Romeo 156 1,6 is a pretty car and it drives ok even with the small 1,6, but quality is poor and they rust like crazy. The FIAT Panda 100HP is so much fun to drive, it's one of the best handling FIAT in my opinion, the engine revs and sounds great and brakes and gearbox works well to. I'm not big, but I almost can't fit in it, and I own a Seicento wich I have plenty of room in. So it's a car you must try first, but if you can sit in it, it's just a great little car.
    Team Fiattitude

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post

Well I don't have kids yet or need large luggage space and I walk to work as often as I can so the Panda is the more practical/cost efficient of the two. Also if I ever need the space I can borrow the Transit or the Connect from work so that'll never really be a serious problem. The tax and insurance costs are two of the main reasons for considering the car because I don't use my current car daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardin View Post
    The Alfa Romeo 156 1,6 is a pretty car and it drives ok even with the small 1,6, but quality is poor and they rust like crazy. The FIAT Panda 100HP is so much fun to drive, it's one of the best handling FIAT in my opinion, the engine revs and sounds great and brakes and gearbox works well to. I'm not big, but I almost can't fit in it, and I own a Seicento wich I have plenty of room in. So it's a car you must try first, but if you can sit in it, it's just a great little car.
    Well things don't bode too well for me then as I'm 6ft6. I'm gonna go next door to the dealers tommorrow and have a good poke around and hopefully a drive of the car.
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

Thread Information