Page 154 of 168 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2518

Thread: "What's this car?" Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    At first I thought looking up "VAG" service vehicles would give an answer, but no. Looks like "RAV4" on the right but obviously it's not.
    Maybe someone can do a better clean up of those two items for a clue? Anyway, guessing hybrid of some kind.
    No, it's a very lumpy and ugly vehicle, even for a Toyota.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    looks like VRS on the left and not very well lined up, SO I suspect someone is sticker happy with other car badges

EDIT: solved Noticed the blue line and the code on the rear and realised it was likely a NYC met vehicle.
    True enough it's a paratransit vehicle MV-1
    see MV-1 | Wheelchair Accessible Mobility Vehicle | Green Vehicle | Paratransit Vehicles

So US version of the London Taxi cab
    THANK YOU!

It bothers me when I can't figure out a car, even more so when I have a photo of it.

And gosh it's an ugly car- frumpy and lumpy in all the wrong places.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecnelis View Post
    Yes, just look at the rear lights = first-gen.
    Its just a friend of a friend said it was a LP roadster and he is a BIG lambo enthusiast. I was going to call the dealership and ask them but you guys are easier and cheaper.
    " You may be a Ferrari owner but, you may not necessarly be a Ferrari driver" Enzo Ferrari

Advice?

I have driven past this barn for 8 years and finally stopped to take a look and speak with the owner. I nice older women who's brother in law owns the car, so she knew nothing about it.
    I also know very little about cars.
    Can people tell me what it is (Plymouth Belvedere?)?
    Also, is this in as bad as shape as I think it is? Completely beyond repair and not worth my time/money?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    I have driven past this barn for 8 years and finally stopped to take a look and speak with the owner. A nice older women who's brother in law owns the car, so she knew nothing about it.
    Glad to see the debris removed... so it turned out to be a 4-door after all.
    I also know very little about cars.
    Then forget about it, not worth the effort.
    Can people tell me what it is (Plymouth Belvedere?)?
    See post #2229.
    Also, is this in as bad as shape as I think it is? Completely beyond repair and not worth my time/money?
    Yes, and yes.
    Last edited by csl177; 06-28-2012 at 01:54 AM. Reason: spelling
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Actually that car is remarkably intact, except for the seats. Also the mechanicals is a big question but if all it needs is a battery you found yourself a pretty good cruise night special. About $20K to 30K would probably get that thing in good shape. $10K if you don't mind vacuming the rat droppings off the floor(which you'll have to do anyway) and can find the seats yourself and don't mind a not so great paint job.That's all if the engine and the tranny runs. Since you've said you don't know anything about cars, probably not an enthusiast, I suggest you find a guy who owns his own auto shop and likes old cars, and show him this car. You will probably make a friend for life when he takes over the project. But taking on the project yourself, not a good idea. Spending $30K on a car that might be worth $15K tops in really good condition? Bad idea. If it had been a 2 door coupe or a convertible or even a station wagon. I might have said go for it.
    Last edited by Rizaven; 06-29-2012 at 07:01 AM.

An Alfasud with a Giulia front end?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

^^^ As good a guess as any, or a chopped up Berlina as it looks RWD... but what the heck is your avatar?!? Moar bigger, please!

I think it is clearly somebody's private idea as to how a Giulia Spyder should looklike, and I am not surprised it did not make it into series production.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    An Alfasud with a Giulia front end?
    It's Greek. Was raced there in local events in early 1970s. It was called Alfa Romeo B-1, with a reference to its creator, Chris Valasopoulos, or 'Boubis', as he was known in racing, and was based on Giulia Ti. His company, Boubis Cams, still exists in Athens and is led by (his son?) Dimitris Valasopoulos.

thanks, great info. Thank you for sharing this...(or do I sound Indian now?)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

^^^ As good a guess as any, or a chopped up Berlina as it looks RWD... but what the heck is your avatar?!? Moar bigger, please!
    Try googling Allard Atom

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    thanks, great info. Thank you for sharing this...(or do I sound Indian now?)
    You're welcome. I was searching for some signs of Greek racing earlier in 20th century some time ago and found this car among the others. They mostly had touring cars cruising around their tracks as far as I could understand, but a couple of locally built specials were there as well. I think the subject may be deeper than one can find in the webs.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Try googling Allard Atom
    You're too good, faksta!
    Here's the site I got the picture from: Atom racing car at the Wimbledon Speedway in 1955
    64" wheelbbase and a JAP thumper from a speedway bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    It's Greek. Was raced there in local events in early 1970s. It was called Alfa Romeo B-1, with a reference to its creator, Chris Valasopoulos, or 'Boubis', as he was known in racing, and was based on Giulia Ti. His company, Boubis Cams, still exists in Athens and is led by (his son?) Dimitris Valasopoulos.
    Thanks! It certainly is unique.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Post #2261:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Nissan Pao.
    @casioboy... since you had to have seen that request was answered immediately, yours comes close to the definition of a useless post.

Plus, there's this: http://www.projecthoneypot.org/ip_62.162.6.138
    Last edited by csl177; 08-07-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Thread Information