Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alfasud TI QV

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta View Post
    it's nice you still have series like SMRC where "little" cars can still race, in France he zould have been left far behind on the grid alone

the engine is a 1500 cc right?
    try the A.S.A.V.E. / Groupe 1. Challenge GT Tourisme. They ran at Spa during the Spa Classic and host all sorts of touring cars, including tqo Golf GTI Mk1, and a Fiat 131 Racing, to name a few oddballs. There were quite a few Alfas, mainly 2000 GTVs but also a 2000 Berlina and a later model 2000 GTV.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

it's nice you still have series like SMRC where "little" cars can still race, in France he zould have been left far behind on the grid alone

the engine is a 1500 cc right?
    yes.

BUT, he is left far behidn on the grid ... jsut there are always a few others there Then head of the grid has some serious Morgans and V8 powered TR7s ( pushing the "classic" production in my book ) and a raft of Fords.

Friedn raced A110 for couple of seasons and became frustrated and gave up.

It's very much become a two group race series. Those in for the fun of bashing their classic round the circuit and those with money out to build cars to win. Sadly the increased race fees to support the wishes of that group seem to be deterring some of the "amateur racers"
    Even the Lotus Europa is doing much less being non-competitive !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

hum ok , I see the situation is becoming the same we have in france there.

Henk you mentioned the ASAVE races, unfortunately fees are just too high, some cars are not respecting the regulations and all the alfas are left at the end of the grid, accept the 2000 gtv group2 of Guillaume Colinet (i'm looking for dijon and the u2tc race he will enter) who's a quick driver with a quick car. Even the GTAm of Lembo is pretty slow

Group 1 seems to be a good solution but big engine cars are leading again, but my dad had fun with them while he was running in saloon car last year so wait and see...

We know quite well this frustration that's why we gave up with the ASVE trophy and moved to Saloon car series and events like the Etretat Hillclimb (which is really worth, what about giving it a try Matra?)

Would love to come do one of the great French hills.
    Esp in a classic Matra
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Would love to come do one of the great French hills.
    Esp in a classic Matra
    Lots of british racers come there, there's something like 70% of classics and 30% of moderns the frazer nash club is there every year

Lots of british racers come there, there's something like 70% of classics and 30% of moderns the frazer nash club is there every year
    The Mont Ventoux climb is this upcoming weekend...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    The Mont Ventoux climb is this upcoming weekend...
    true, thanks for this info

more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information