Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 24 Hours of Le Mans, LMS and ALMS news

What I'd like to know is the actual cost of running an RS Spyder on top of the $1.5 million purchase price...

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    What I'd like to know is the actual cost of running an RS Spyder on top of the $1.5 million purchase price...
    It must be greater than a Lola + running cost - sale of a year old RS Spyder. I hope the rumors are true.

The Robertson Racing Ford GT-R programme will continue in 2009

Images of the Acura ARX-02a testing have surfaced

I wish the pictures were in better detail, so you could see the cooling situation.
    Extra louvres could point to a KERS system...

I don't think they would fit it with KERS immediately. It makes no sense for 2009. The nose is quite similar to the R10. I wonder when they will release the first official images.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

So what would be the easiest way to ascertain what engine type the Acura will be using? Engine note perhaps? We're told that ear-witnesses noted a rather pleasant sound from the Acura P1...and it was decidedly normally aspirated.
    V8 maybe? Or maybe a V10...

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    V8 maybe? Or maybe a V10...
    Judging from 'pleasant', I would guess V8. Most V10's sound.. different. Usually very high pitched but could be incredible a la CGT.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

The 29 automatic entries for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the remaining 26 will be chosen by the ACO closer to the race. Interestingly all the LMP2 teams that have won the automatic selection are unlikely to make an appearance in 2009.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 11-24-2008 at 10:13 AM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Where was the ARX spotted?

Sebring.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    The 29 automatic entries for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the remaining 26 will be chosen by the ACO closer to the race. Interestingly all the LMP2 teams that have won the automatic selection are unlikely to make an appearance in 2009.
    I think what has killed LMP2 is the costs to be competitive have spiralled out of control, due to factory involvement.

well duh.....Much like normal cars, you can spend 30K to buy a fast-ish Mustang GT, or you can spend 300K to buy a really fast Lambo. North American series(where really there are no real difference between P1 and P2) not withstanding, the all-privateer LMP2 in LMS is pretty clear of that issue. Where as most spend their 400-700K on a Lola, Zytek Radical or something, all it takes is someone to fork out a mil and a half to buy the RS Spyder and wipe the others off the map with it.....also helps to hire an ex-F1 driver to drive it too, in a class where most are pro-amatuer..
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    well duh.....Much like normal cars, you can spend 30K to buy a fast-ish Mustang GT, or you can spend 300K to buy a really fast Lambo. North American series(where really there are no real difference between P1 and P2) not withstanding, the all-privateer LMP2 in LMS is pretty clear of that issue. Where as most spend their 400-700K on a Lola, Zytek Radical or something, all it takes is someone to fork out a mil and a half to buy the RS Spyder and wipe the others off the map with it.....also helps to hire an ex-F1 driver to drive it too, in a class where most are pro-amatuer..
    Well hopefully there will be less of that next year with no Porsches confirmed to race just yet.

(Ted Joans)

GT 2 Class

IMO, GT 2 class will be very interesting:

Ferrari;Aston Martin;Porsche;Dodge;Bmw;Lamborghini and a possible Audi R8 GT2 who knows!!!!!!!

and Panoz GT 2 to!!!

Thread Information