Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Holy Mother of Christ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    This is exactly what the FIA needed.
    Sarcasm doesn't come across well over the internet.

At least, I hope you are being sarcastic.

I'm very surprised, to say the least, that he has not only survived, but with such a majority.

Let's hope thats the end of it. leave the sick little man to his fetish.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I cant see it ending with Max. We've already seen the start of a mega bitch-fight emerging between him and Bernie.
    I am the Stig

So far the national organisers in the US and Germany are talking about splitting from the FIA !

Proving the problem with the FIA ..... it was a VOTE, they lost and now want to take their ball and go play somewhere else !!!! They need to look to themslevse first.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

While it's obvious that the threats of breakaways by leading motorsport clubs are a problem for Max and the FIA, there is a MUCH bigger issue at hand IMHO.

For over a decade Max Mosley and Bernie Ecclestone have been thick as thieves in their running of Formula 1. They have cooperated with each other every step of the way through all sorts of sticky situations in the past. However, in making his big claim for his importance to the FIA (saying that the F1 rights holders are trying to wrest the regulatory body away from the FIA, and that he is the only man capable of keeping it out of their hands blah blah blah) Mosley has clearly riled Ecclestone BIG time. Bernie has publicly ridiculed Max's claims, and has since gone on to call for his resignation on several occasions. He has nailed his colours to the mast in no uncertain terms; how will they be able to work with each other now after things have turned so sour?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie
    He should stand down out of responsibility for the institution he represents, including F1. Everyone who I speak to in a position of authority across F1 rings me to say he should leave. It is regretful that he has not made that decision.

The big problem is that he can no longer represent the FIA worldwide because of these incidents. The general feeling is that people would no longer be comfortable speaking to him in the same way.
    Even in this morning's paper Ecclestone was making a last ditch effort to desperately try and get people to vote against Max - pitpass - the latest, hottest F1, GP2, GP2 Asia & A1GP news
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Why exactly has Max been so friendly to Bernie? Why can't he have a backbone and give the FIA - which should control F1, the power?

The president of the Dutch motoring body says what everybody else is thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by planetf1.com
    Dutch motoring body president Guido Van Woerkom believes the smaller bodies receiving financial assistance from the FIA played a big role in the vote of confidence in Max Mosley.

A number of the world's major clubs made it clear before the meeting that they would vote against him. However, the 68-year-old Mosley won by a clear majority of 103 to 55.

Van Woerkom believes Mosley got most of his votes from the smaller national bodies.

"I am not quite surprised but I am not happy. I voted against," Van Woerkom was quoted by Autosport.

"There is a lot of money going around and if you get a small piece of that bread it can be very nice to eat.

"Corrupt is not the way, I won't say it. But when you look at the McLaren fine, that is a lot of money, and when you get something from that you are more or less in favour of the people giving you that bread.

"So that's normal in life, although in some countries that's normal."

The German motoring organisation ADAC has already decided to pull out of the FIA, and Van Woerkom warns that other heavyweights could follow suit.

"When you look to the bigger clubs, the AAA (USA), the triple A in Australia, the JAF (Japan) of 70 million members, the ADAC in Germany, the NWB in the Netherlands, they all are against," he said.

"So when you count the members behind the members then I don't think he will succeed."
    And Paul Stoddart, never one to avoid sticking his nose into a bit of controversy, has stated his opinions on the matter...

Quote Originally Posted by planetf1.com
    Paul Stoddart has warned that the FIA will never recover from the repercussions of their decision to endorse the presidency of Max Mosley.

The Englishman enjoyed a resounding victory in Paris on Tuesday, winning the endorsement of 103 of the 169 voters, but his victory may be the FIA's loss with a number of heavyweight and influential national bodies already threatening to leave motorsport's governing body.

According to Stoddart, the former team boss of Minardi, the threat should not be taken lightly.

"This is a sad day for motorsport because this is the beginning of the end of the FIA" he told BBC Radio Five Live. "The damage done is irreparable and we will now see the demise of the FIA."
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I'm not sure it's that dramatic, I have a feeling things may patch up.

I do hope, however, that the FIA gets completely restructured as it appears to have some very evident flaws.

Yawn. If they would have won, it would have been a victory.

Since they lost, it's corruption and a great injustice.

It's so petty, but yet it's soooo much more interesting than the racing. how sad is that?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

whatever one thinks of Mosley in his capacity of head of FIA I am satisfied with the fact that it is not the tabloids that have been able to get him ousted, based on something he did in private and bears no relationship with his professional activitities. It is nowhere written in the FIA regulations that members are not allowed to participate in private orgies.
    If the major clubs disaggree with his functioning as head of FIA they should focus on that and not use a (from there point of view) lucky excuse to send him away.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I'm beginning to wonder if Bernie wouldn't just join up with some clubs, supporters, etc and form a new F1 championship, taking all the F1 teams with him...

it'd still be boring.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

hahah that's hilarious!!!!

Max on S&M (I think): "It's just more - fun is probably the wrong word - but it's much better if accompanied by something which seems to justify what is going on."

Oh yeah.

I wonder if Max is feeling slightly stiffed by the judge who handed down a fine of 60 thousand pounds to the NoTW? If it had have been an FIA enforced fine I am guessing it would be something more of the likes of 600 million pounds and being withdrawn from the tabloid paper chase for 08.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Thread Information