Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you have against Skyline's?

Quote Originally Posted by beefy
    I have the video. The McLaren was ranked one of or if not the best supercar in the world at that time. The video compares a stock Mclaren to a stock R33 GTR. A $1,000,000 car to a $60,000 car. I think it is not a fair comparison as the McLaren will destroy a 911 Turbo in pretty much the same way. Does that mean the 911 Turbo is a crap car? No the Mclaren is just in a league of its own.
    That's not the point he was making. The point he was making was that your typical Skyline fanboy will claim that the stock Skyline could 'whip the arse' off of a McLaren F1. We're not comparing the Skyline to the McLaren; only questioning the obvious invalidity of the stupid comments that Skyline fanboys make.

A Skyline is 6 seconds behind a F1 what nonsense see below
    1997 McLaren F1
    0-60 mph: 3.3 sec
    0-100 mph: 7.7 sec
    Quarter Mile: 11.6 sec @ 125 mph
    Skidpad: .86g
    Top Speed: 231 mph
    Braking, 60-0 mph: 127 ft
    Slalom Speed: 64.5 mph

My 1991 GTR stage one (Re-chip+ Exhaust) 0-60 3.7 Quarter mile 11.9

The reason Skyline GTRs are admired is that they deliver super car shaming performance for a production car price.
    Which is why I own two of them (Now a bit faster that quoted above )

Those are some pretty impressive figures your quoting - do you have the run sheets/pictures of your Skylines for us to view?

and the F1 is still quicker than your car
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Those are some pretty impressive figures your quoting - do you have the run sheets/pictures of your Skylines for us to view?

and the F1 is still quicker than your car
    But is it faster? my figures are real world ,so without a perfect road surface and temperatures. With the effects of BHP loss due to age I think my car will be faster.
    The best 0 to 60 for a stage 1 car is 3.4 secs using a twin plate clutch,chip,exhaust mods only, not far away at all from the F1time.
    Last edited by gtrjazz; 04-03-2007 at 10:15 AM.

An F1 is actually a much better car on the road than a Skyline GTR could ever hope to be.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Another car x + mods vs. supercar battle.

At least the owner of the McLaren F1 can rest easy knowing that the dumbass dOriFTOZKinGZ who owned the GT-R that passed him in a school zone with the obnoxious exhaust will never have a car as rare as the F1.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t View Post
    An F1 is actually a much better car on the road than a Skyline GTR could ever hope to be.
    Speaking from experience?

I would have thought it would be a very harsh ride? At least you can fit four people in my Skyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Another car x + mods vs. supercar battle.
    Not really the chip has to be changed for UK fuel 98 Ron as I suspect the F1 has to. A stainless steel exhaust lasts longer in the UK weather

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    At least the owner of the McLaren F1 can rest easy knowing that the dumbass dOriFTOZKinGZ who owned the GT-R that passed him in a school zone with the obnoxious exhaust will never have a car as rare as the F1.
    And the GTR owner will be happy he has saved £100000 on the purchase price and £££££s on the expensive servicing bills.
    Racing in a school zone no I can just cruise around at 30mph everyone knows how fast the car is so what is the point.
    Now a track day is another matter.
    Last edited by gtrjazz; 04-04-2007 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtrjazz View Post
    I would have thought it would be a very harsh ride? At least you can fit four people in my Skyline.
    The ride in a McLaren is sprung to be very comfortable, esp as the tyres still have a reasonable sidewall hight.

The rear seats in the Skyline are pretty small - the Mc may be 1 short, but the 3rd will be more comfortable

Not really the chip has to be changed for UK fuel 98 Ron as I suspect the F1 has to. A stainless steel exhaust lasts longer in the UK weather
    The F1 does not need to be chip tuned.

Neither Titanium or Inconel rust, so stainless isn't needed.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    The ride in a McLaren is sprung to be very comfortable, esp as the tyres still have a reasonable sidewall hight..
    As is the Skyline GTR

The rear seats in the Skyline are pretty small - the Mc may be 1 short, but the 3rd will be more comfortable..
    Until he arrives at the destination with no luggage

The F1 does not need to be chip tuned...

I don’t need Nissan HQ to regally monitor, and updated by telemetry my ECU

Neither Titanium or Inconel rust, so stainless isn't needed.
    Titanium exhausts are available for the skyline, but I thought the weight saving would give me a unfair advantage
    Last edited by gtrjazz; 04-04-2007 at 04:28 AM.

Until he arrives at the destination with no luggage
    Apart that it has more boot/ baggage space than a Festiva. How often do you fill a boot?

I don’t need Nissan HQ to regally monitor, and updated by telemetry my ECU
    You don't need to do that on a McLaren either, but if its a factory souped up family car they make in the thousands it doesn't really matter if you hurt it. When you have 1 of 64 road going cars of the 1 type then you tend to look after it.

Titanium exhausts are available for the skyline, but I thought the weight saving would give me a unfair advantage
    Unfair advantage? the McLaren comes stock with them.

Skylines are nice, but fanboys like you are the reason I'll never buy one. People might think I'm that stupid enough to compare my over done family car with a stock factory supercar.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

That last comment was a Baiter if ever i've seen one.

The Skyline is a very, very good car for what it is - a done up family saloon. but lets not give it ideas above it's station. in fact i'm surprised any live up to expectation considering the burden of fanboydom usually put on them.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

To be fair, the GTR must be pretty damn good. Basically unbeatable in touring car racing in the early 90's, EVO even put the R34 in their top 10 cars ever list. But their reaction to it was nothing like that toward the Macca. gtrjazz, just because your GTR can accelerate as quick as an F1 means nothing. It could not hope to hold a candle to it in any other situation. The F1 is lighter, mid-engined, more aerodynamic, it was designed to be the greatest road car ever. What can the GTR offer toward that?

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    gtrjazz, just because your GTR can accelerate as quick as an F1 means nothing. It could not hope to hold a candle to it in any other situation. The F1 is lighter, mid-engined, more aerodynamic, it was designed to be the greatest road car ever. What can the GTR offer toward that?
    The F1 is a nice package but by its nature its engineering on the limit, you cannot double the power output of the car, remember I am only talking about a near standard GTR. Yes the F1 is light but because of that the engine block walls will be thin.
    What have they ever achieved in motorsport? would they have the reliability to be at max power for a full race like the GTR, granted a better car on the bends but for how many laps.

You don't need to do that on a McLaren either, but if its a factory souped up family car they make in the thousands it doesn't really matter if you hurt it. When you have 1 of 64 road going cars of the 1 type then you tend to look after it

Its a sports car not a piece of Waterford crystal, if you have to nurse it and lock it away its not a lot of use. The Skyline is a greater car because it has touched more peoples lifes and acheved a lot more , what is the F1 famous for ? I think Mr Bean crashed one once.

And yes I am quite a Fan
    Last edited by gtrjazz; 04-04-2007 at 08:56 AM.

The F1 is a nice package but by its nature its engineering on the limit, you cannot double the power output of the car, remember I am only talking about a near standard GTR. Yes the F1 is light but because of that the engine block walls will be thin.
    What have they ever achieved in motorsport? would they have the reliability to be at max power for a full race like the GTR, granted a better car on the bends but for how many laps.

Its a sports car not a piece of Waterford crystal, if you have to nurse it and lock it away its not a lot of use. The Skyline is a greater car because it has touched more peoples lifes and acheved a lot more , what is the F1 famous for ? I think Mr Bean crashed one once.

And yes I am quite a Fan
    Let's stop this once and for all.

The McLaren F1 is a Longitudely mounted, V12, snipp snorting, 627hp beast created all the way back in 1993! 1993! The Bugatti Veyron has absolutely crushed it's performance, HOWEVER, a Mclaren still performs Exquisitely for it's age.

As does the GT-R.

This is an unfair battle. For one, a GT-R is a Tuner Car, where as an F1 is a straight Exotic, with no use to tune. You can if you want, but you do not have to, it's fast out of the box. The GT-R HOWEVER, is relatively quick, but certainly does not have the same speed out of the box. But after many hours, and many mistakes, it's possible to create an insanely fast GT-R. It's up to you if you want too.

It comes down to this:

Do you want to pay a million plus for a car that could kill most street GT-R's?

Or are you the other person, who wants to pay 20,000 pounds, and spend another 20,000 creating a car that can at least stand up to an F1.

The lure is completely different. So make your own decisions, and your own conclusions. It's okay if you want the power and the exclusiveness of the F1, but it's also okay if you want the communication between your wants and your money, with the GT-R.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Thread Information