Page 95 of 174 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2596

Thread: The Official UCP Video Thread

YouTube - gmblogs's Channel

GM's new ad announcing their repayment of the loans. Was pleased to just see a Canadian version on the air with Whitacre replacing the words Americans with Canadians and miles with kilometres. I am glad GM didn't ignore Canada, as we made a sizable contribution to the loans given to GM.

I also think the ads are pretty decent. Cool that they are throwing in product that the general public hasn't seen yet too - just like that other ad with Whitacre.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    GM's new ad announcing their repayment of the loans.
    Don't expect to see them go public anytime soon, though. This company has a long way to go before they get the support of American's (I say that in the sense that American's don't approve of GM's product and not in that American's didn't support the survival of GM; I'm sure most American's didn't want to see GM fail given the heavy loss of jobs that occurred).

Analyst on CNBC yesterday was saying that GM needs to take some market from Ford by building more "technology-friendly" cars with all those [useless] electronic gadgets. He made some reference to that Sync thing that Ford is doing in their models. He referred to GM as not being a car you want own but one you would pick from a lineup of rental cars... ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Don't expect to see them go public anytime soon, though. This company has a long way to go before they get the support of American's (I say that in the sense that American's don't approve of GM's product and not in that American's didn't support the survival of GM; I'm sure most American's didn't want to see GM fail given the heavy loss of jobs that occurred).

Analyst on CNBC yesterday was saying that GM needs to take some market from Ford by building more "technology-friendly" cars with all those [useless] electronic gadgets. He made some reference to that Sync thing that Ford is doing in their models. He referred to GM as not being a car you want own but one you would pick from a lineup of rental cars... ouch.
    I think Ford's Sync should be banned. Soccer moms have enough already on their hands juggling a busload of kids, coffee, cigarettes, and an IPad. Do you think wireless connectivity for her IPad and her Blackberry would be even better? Think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I think Ford's Sync should be banned. Soccer moms have enough already on their hands juggling a busload of kids, coffee, cigarettes, and an IPad. Do you think wireless connectivity for her IPad and her Blackberry would be even better? Think about that.
    I completely agree. You just have too look at it from a marketing standpoint, though. The techno-shit sells and that's what the analyst was getting at.

I just refreshed myself with GM's North American car lineup. I would say that GM (at least in North America) has a few good cars, but could really benefit from a quality subcompact and compact car, and really soon needs to spread the limited quality across the board. In the small car segment, is the Cruze good enough? One thing it has going for it is that it isn't hideous.

Ok back to the lineup. These are cars I'm talking about, not trucks or SUVs or crossovers.

Buick - LaCrosse, maybe Regal when it comes out - good cars, but not class leaders.

Cadillac - CTS - the rest are useless. The CTS is quite good though. I am interested in seeing if the success that is the CTS will translate to a successful 3-series/C-Class, A4 competitor - I feel it won't. Ditto with the XTS and the big luxury cars I'd say.

Chevrolet - Malibu (seems decent), Corvette, Camaro. The Corvette is getting old though, and a refresh would be nice I feel. The Camaro is gonna have a tough time with the 2011 Mustang as that's a hotly contested market at current.

I completely agree. You just have too look at it from a marketing standpoint, though. The techno-shit sells and that's what the analyst was getting at.
    You have to build cars that people want - that typically gets you success.

Were everything designed by Ferrer, we'd have a ton of really sick cars, but none of them would sell.

Give the people what they want.

Were everything designed by Ferrer, we'd have a ton of really sick cars, but none of them would sell.
    When we all die and I am ruler of utopia my first order of business will be to appoint Ferrer as car czar.

You have to build cars that people want - that typically gets you success.

Give the people what they want.
    When we all die and I am ruler of utopia my first order of business will be to appoint Ferrer as car czar.
    But what exactly is Ford's Sync supposed to do anyway? Allow you hands free dialing on your phone and connect your MP3 player to your car?

Is that it so far? Or are they eventually going to bring the internet into the car too? That would be damned scary.

We have enough distracted drivers as it is. Please, don't make it worse, Ford.

KFL will be utopia's certified race team.

There are some cases, though, of good cars that sell very well, even if in many of those ocasions it is the for the wrong reasons. The Ford Focus or the BMW 3er are good examples of this.

Altough if I was in charge things would indeed change.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Harri's son?

Yeah, Harri's son for sure

Latest find from 'Ringers ....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWdtUPg6Ds0[/ame]
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 04-23-2010 at 05:29 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

a few videos of a stupidly fast commodore at Bathurst

The car in question is David Skillenders VR Commodore racing in Improved Production,

Some info about the car from Phil laird the guys that owns Graphic Skills Racing

Well.............
    The car was built in 3 weeks and still has half the deadener on the floor and in the boot,intrusion bars still in the doors,steel cage,factory brackets not removed etc etc.We have made no attempt to lighten it due to the timeframe i had to get it built.The 308000km paint job is even still there At the end of a race it is around 1500kg depending on how much fuel is left.
    For the people that keep asking about the engine
    350 010/036 GM block
    Heavy crank and rods with a shelf piston
    18deg GM cylinder heads full of nice gear
    5.0ltr intake manifold.
    It has been dynoed when i 1st built it for the nationals at oran park in 2008 and has done 7 race meetings since.The engine is coming out for a freshen up and some changes to hopfully make some more power
    It made around 660hp and 520ftlb uncorrected.You can make your own judgement for a correction factor.
    It is still live axle for the other people that are asking.
    As most of you know we make no attempt to hide anything and are certainly happy to sell racers the same gear we use .
    I put the videos up to allow you guys bit of an insight to how much fun he has
    cheers PhilWagon
    Video 1 and 2 take 40 secs to start , look for a bit of a lose going up mountain straight.
    Race 1 parts 1 and 2
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh5oqYDcij8]YouTube - Commodore VS Bathurst[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q0YUYc2Dzw]YouTube - Commodore VS Bathurst[/ame]

Race 3, race shortened due to massive storm
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2pU8c_dGdU]YouTube - Commodore VS Bathurst[/ame]

Enjoy
    Last edited by charged; 04-24-2010 at 01:33 AM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Loud music, but it's gold.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADx28mrhZlY]YouTube - Lexus GX460 Consumer Reports - Unsafe as the People Who Drive Them.[/ame]
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Gallardo Superleggera goes 250mph... boosted, baby.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afh9gsV9tV4]YouTube - Underground Racing 250 MPH Twin-Turbo Lamborghini at the Texas Mile[/ame]
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information