Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: bye bye GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Even braking in a strait line?
    yep, because you can use that to set up the car for cornering...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    just look at some of the fanboy statements around these forums...
    Let it go man!

"A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    just look at some of the fanboy statements around these forums...
    No worse than the people who think that handling is the be all end all

Wasnt it you that said "drag cars cant be daily drivers"?
    The V8 Mustang (like always) has stiffer suspension, bigger tires and bigger brakes over the V6 Mustang.
    No you have mentioned this drag car thing with them, When i said about going too the shops the normal everyday driving things you said they don't go too the shops, That has been one of the topics in this thread about the drag racing side of the stang.

The EVO is most definetly a track weapon. And its not that hard of a comparison, ones a performance engine, the other is not (just like the Mustang.)
    But what makes it a performance car is more then it's engine.

Whats the price of a Civic Si over there? Put it around that price, or maybe a little cheaper than the SS commedore.
    Shit you got me there I'm not sure we sell it?.

No no, dont confuse me saying 6 cylinders dont perform, the ones made to do perform. Its just the V6 Mustang is like the base model Lancer, thats not to say 4 cylinders cant perform, but that car is not something a performance enthusiast is going to buy. The V6 in the Mustang is not a performance engine (heh, its actually the engine used in the explorer).
    You can make a none performing 6 into a performing 6 thats the challenge, But in saying that explorer.

Whats the difference if they are just going to eventually swap out the IRS for a solid axle anyway?
    Unless it was better.

Go for it, ask him the year and model.
    And FYI its not the same rear.
    I'll try.

IMHO they should have offered the IRS as an option, that would solve all the problems.
    Yes that would have been the best thing. I think the old AU Falcon offered IRS as a option. The VS Commodore also and it's hard too find any VS without IRS.

I dont know sales of the IRS Cobras, but I do know die hards were not happy about the IRS, many swapped out for a 9" rear.
    And when doing laps at tracks they probably get passed by them IRS version

The thing is the Monaro was built knowing that it would be sold worldwide, while the Mustang was built specifically for America. Sure some are sent to Europe and Australia, but very small numbers.
    At first it wasn't, When first built it might have the same market as the Commodore it was built too Australian conditions which makes it hard enough for any market. Then it found it's way into bob Lutz's hands and he demanded it into the U.S market.
    They built the Monaro in secret in there spare time at first, Then they got the go ahead.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    No you have mentioned this drag car thing with them, When i said about going too the shops the normal everyday driving things you said they don't go too the shops, That has been one of the topics in this thread about the drag racing side of the stang.
    I never said they dont go shopping, just they dont buy them to go shopping in (like a van or some economy car). They are generally bought for performance, but that doesnt mean they cant go shopping in them, get what Im saying?
    But what makes it a performance car is more then it's engine.
    Yes, i completely agree, but Im just giving anexample.

You can make a none performing 6 into a performing 6 thats the challenge, But in saying that explorer.
    Sure you can, but it would be easier, cheaper and smarter to start with a perfomance engine in the first place. On top of that I dont think the V6 in the stang has a very big aftermarket (if anyone at all).

Unless it was better.
    Sorry, should be more specific. I mean for those of who are going to be dragracing. Thats also why I think they should have made IRS an option, maybe they will with the facelift in '08 or '09.
    I'll try.
    Post a pic of what it looks like if you dont get to talk to the owner soon. Also im curious to how much the person paid for it if they dont mind telling you.

And when doing laps at tracks they probably get passed by them IRS version

You probably wouldnt see the guys with the 9" on a race track (with turns), they swap them out for drag.
    At first it wasn't, When first built it might have the same market as the Commodore it was built too Australian conditions which makes it hard enough for any market. Then it found it's way into bob Lutz's hands and he demanded it into the U.S market.
    They built the Monaro in secret in there spare time at first, Then they got the go ahead.
    Maybe in time the Mustang will follow that path, then again maybe Ford Europe doesnt want to give their own cars competition.

No worse than the people who think that handling is the be all end all
    Well...it is

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Well...it is
    Not for everyone If I had to choose without picking both, strait line acceleration would be more 'useful', or maybe 'usable' where I live. Bunch of strait highways and suburb roads around here, Id have to go out of my way for a backroad, then risk hitting a deer, or other wildlife that likes to jump infront of cars. If it were somewhere like Europe with small twisty roads everywhere, handling ofcourse would be more usable.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Well...it is
    As slicks said where many americans live no its not. Most americans live on or by a straight road therefore a car that has crazy handeling is useless. In america drag tracks are more common then circuts exspecially in my neck of the woods.
    Last edited by rev440; 10-29-2006 at 07:13 PM.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    As slicks said where many americans live no its not. Most americans live on or by a straight road therefore a car that has crazy handeling is useless. In america drag tracks are more common then circuts exspecially in my neck of the woods.
    Oh Lord. Interstates, the most used of roads aren't even straight-take 95 for example. The only place where trully straight roads are common is in cities. Not even all the roads in a city are straight. Most of the roads in my area are anything but straight and I, for one, prefer it that way. If you ever want to have any fun with a car it better handle well or at least stop impeccably. Handling is imperitive in almost any highspeed situation.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    Oh Lord. Interstates, the most used of roads aren't even straight-take 95 for example.
    Looks pretty strait to me...
    Check out I70 and 40/64 that run through MO (my state), almost literally a strait line. And when Im talking about curvy roads, Im talking about the ones that you actually have to turn the steering wheel more than gradually an inch.
    The only place where trully straight roads are common is in cities. Not even all the roads in a city are straight. Most of the roads in my area are anything but straight and I, for one, prefer it that way. If you ever want to have any fun with a car it better handle well or at least stop impeccably. Handling is imperitive in almost any highspeed situation.
    Depends on where you live, and how you define 'fun'. I still have fun doing rolling to 100+ acceleration runs, and rarly have to move the steering wheel at all. (dont jump on my back guys, I make sure no one is around when going this fast.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Will this ever stop?
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Born in Europe. Do Not live in Europe anymore.
    what was the original topic?
    im kinda lost
    Last edited by deanee; 10-30-2006 at 12:48 AM.
    i'm gonna get a new car one day
    (hopefully a good one)

Born in Europe. Do Not live in Europe anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Will this ever stop?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????
    i'm gonna get a new car one day
    (hopefully a good one)

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Let it go man!

sometimes it is too tempting
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by deanee
    what was the original topic?
    im kinda lost
    it was about an American car with great straight line capabilities, which is now on the way out.

Thread Information