Thread: c5 exhaust

c5 exhaust

i was talking to my uncle the other day about his c5 (just bought last year), and he was talking about putting an exhaust system on there, but he's not sure about which one he wants...he specified that he wanted a really deep sounding system, not too racey and loud...u guys got any ideas???

Magnaflow or Borla. Both sound good and are'nt that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by thinker
    i was talking to my uncle the other day about his c5 (just bought last year), and he was talking about putting an exhaust system on there, but he's not sure about which one he wants...he specified that he wanted a really deep sounding system, not too racey and loud...u guys got any ideas???
    A previous post mentioned Borla. Borla stainless is good.

Not too racy and loud is a very personal thing. I decided not to do this thing on my C5 because the most performance inprovement came from (I can't remember the name) Indy system. I got a CD from Mid-America that demo'ed twelve systems against the stock system. The best system sounded like a F-150 truck with glass packs.

If you decide to do this remember to buy a stainless steel system. This puts you into the $1,000 bracket. The plain steel systems will rust out. The stock system is stainless.

If you want performance beyond just sound, remember to get stainless headers, a bigger air-flow valve for the fuel injection, a ram air package, and reprogram the engine computer. The small spot in the line is in effect here. The whole deal will run about $3-4 K.

Oh, if you get ram air, don't drive in the rain. The air intakes are only about four inches off the road. Deep puddles can fill the ram air with water, hydro-lock the engine, and cost you a new motor. GM's warranty won't cover this abuse. The stock system is designed to shed this water at some performance cost.

I'm not trying to pee on your parade, but I've been there, done that. Bought the CD. Decided to stay stock.
    Don Doyle

id go Borla...u can even go to the website and listen to the exaust tone on some of their products

Quote Originally Posted by mawi427
    id go Borla...u can even go to the website and listen to the exaust tone on some of their products
    i couldnt find any sound clips on the borla site...could you please post the link?

Magnaflow and Borla have been mentioned I noticed, I also like the sound of a Corsa exhaust system. Hey thinker, if all else fails you can ask the friendly folks at DC .
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    of all the exhaust systems i've heard online, i think the magnaflow one sounds the deepest by far...it doesn't sound too racy either...what do u guys think?

the magnaflow definately has that deep american muscle car sound.

I have the magnaflow too and love it, they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty(salt in winter kills an exhaust) so I got it [edited]
    Last edited by Rockefella; 09-05-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Thread Information