Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Multimedia > Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out

Old 01-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Enthusiast

Tallinn, Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
iirc, that feature was firstly unveiled in the new 7 Series though.
No, BMW lights only turn their beams around bend. Ancient old technology. Mercedes offers something truly unique, something that justifies the use of word "adaptive".
Old 01-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Fanatic

Modena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo View Post
No, BMW lights only turn their beams around bend. Ancient old technology. Mercedes offers something truly unique, something that justifies the use of word "adaptive".
I need to check at home, but I remember pics and renderings of the new lights also adjusting their height relatively to the car going up or downhill and also adjusting their power to the traffic conditions.

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*
Old 01-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Enthusiast

Tallinn, Estonia
Quote:
I find parking sensor useful though
I prefer my eyes, thank you.
Quote:
I need to check at home, but I remember pics and renderings of the new lights also adjusting their height relatively to the car going up or downhill and also adjusting their power to the traffic conditions.
Not according to traffic condition, but according to speed. Higher the speed, higher the beam.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Furniture

Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo View Post
One comment about automatic wipers. I have them in my BMW and I do sorely miss them in my Fiat. Never thought I could be in need of something so usless, but somehow Fiat wiper speed seems to be ill-suited all the time. So what's next, parking sensors?
My uncle has them in the Audi and I don't miss them on the Bimmer.

I think you are getting a bit aspirational though...
Old 01-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Spastik_Roach Send a message via Yahoo to Spastik_Roach
I don't really care much for the headlights that dim automatically. Thats dead boring, frankly, and also just an example of the modern car taking away even the most simple of jobs away from the driver, which in the long run isn't a good thing I don't think.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:46 AM
Novice

An evolutionary step. I'm not liking everything I see, but there are many wonderful aspects of the car. The interior styling may not be that great (a bit too blocky & angular) but it looks like they've upped the ante in the comfort department.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Back to black

Delft
Send a message via ICQ to Duell
The new Mercedes-Benz E-Class: Efficient, intelligent, emotionally appealing
Stuttgart

Dec 13, 2012

Stuttgart With new, efficient engines, new assistance systems and a new design idiom, Mercedes-Benz has comprehensively modernised the E-Class to extend its leading position in the luxury segment even further. In both the Saloon and Estate models no less than eleven new or optimised assistance systems from the future S-Class celebrate their world premiere. They combine a host of comfort and safety features, all of which Mercedes-Benz refers to as "intelligent drive". They include systems which for the first time can help to prevent accidents with crossing vehicles or pedestrians, active Lane Keeping Assist which can help to prevent accidents with oncoming traffic, or anti-glare continuous high-beam headlamps. As such Mercedes-Benz is underscoring its leading position as a safety pioneer. The new E-Class makes a significant step forward when it comes to efficiency and ecology too. This comes courtesy of new, powerful BlueDIRECT four-cylinder petrol engines featuring sophisticated direct injection technology. This powerful development boost is reflected to exciting effect in the design of the E-Class. With its new design the E-Class encapsulates efficiency, intelligence and emotional appeal in a visually superior manner.
Mercedes-Benz has revised all of the model series of the E-Class more
comprehensively than ever before, to make the latest technical advances available in practice at an early stage. This is why it even makes advance use of developments from the future S-Class. In addition, the new E-Class offers a considerably sharpened design with a cultivated, elegantly sporty look, as well as significantly enhanced comfort, high-quality appointments, efficiency and driving pleasure. As a result, the E-Class is continuing to consolidate its leading position in the luxury class.................etc
Old 01-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Back to black

Delft
Mercedes-Benz E-Class (W212) 2013 #2
Old 01-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Back to black

Delft
Mercedes-Benz E-Class (W212) 2013 #3
Old 01-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Back to black