Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gears of War II [November 08]

Gears of War II [November 08]

Just thought I create a thread for the game and to give my opinion on it.

So I sat down with a friend the other day, closed the 360 disk tray with GOW2 inside. Running through the horde mode quickly before actually playing any campaign blew me away, the stunning graphics and seeing how Epic games have put into play the "meat cube" technology, lol at the way mulchers turn locusts into tiny bits - Who needs a Campaign when you have this? Also how they built on the bases of the gameplay introduced to us in Gears 1, things like the down but not out - crawling around leaving a nasty blood trail, 11 new different ways to curb stomp, planting grenades, the new weapons, destructive environment and what me and friend named the "epic run", which doesn't automatically assume when you press A you want to be in cover rather than to be running across a battlefield and its easier to turn while in epic run mode. At the start of the campaign a few new characters were introduced and most were at the best dismissable Epic games seems to start building some interesting characters and just throws them away, Tai a seemingly undeterrable character is destined to die, and mysteriously Dizzy disappears and if he were to pop up again his southern drawl would be welcome. Most of the new locust were great but the sires seemed like a massive waste of time, just a horde of drones that do a minimal damage anyway - the part in the campaign with the sires is an endless bore, when you eventually get jumped on by the masses of Sires theres a quick remedy called constantly holding down "B". Scorge, the boss - another let-down, a few quick skirmishes and he was - Gone, Done. Give me General Raam anyday. A few small disappointments in what is still to be one of the greatest sequels in a long time.

Though the introduction to the series was extremely epic and mindboggling, it also left me asking myself a lot of unanswered questions and having no doubt that there was to be a sequel. Some of these questions were answered like those of Doms past, whether the lightmass bomb actually did that much damage and some information about Marcus's father. But really there were much more questions to be asked after the second than there were answered, maybe next time a bit more background information is given and more questions are answered, bring on the Trilogy.

Whats some of your disappointments, exploits, adventures and enjoyments in the latest of the Series?
    Last edited by #1 Mustang Fan; 11-25-2008 at 01:09 AM.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

It is a shit struggle to get through hoard on insane.

Strangely sometimes we'd pull together and complete a level really quickly and easily.

Other times we'd die maybe two minutes in..
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    It is a shit struggle to get through hoard on insane.

Strangely sometimes we'd pull together and complete a level really quickly and easily.

Other times we'd die maybe two minutes in..
    Yeah, we had a hard enough time on hardcore. Only got to 19 before we gave up and did something else. Will try again when I have time.

Me and my friends beat Horde, in hardcore. But that was 5 of us, and I'm stil going through the campaign. Great game all-rounder in my opinion.
    Auto Theft Reports of 2008 - "Once again, the 1995 Honda Civic was the most stolen car in America, according to the National Insurance Crime Bureau"

OMG RICERS!!!!!!!!

We were playing with just the two, I like how its not just relying just on the campaign for sales and getting people interested.

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Mustang Fan View Post
    Yeah, we had a hard enough time on hardcore. Only got to 19 before we gave up and did something else. Will try again when I have time.
    we got to level 10 on insane in the time we had - bloodmounts make it tough. sometimes we'd hold off other times as whiteballlz said we'd all die with no kills, steamrolled. hilarious watching our last member backed into a corner with a shield trying to hold them off lol.
    our last run of the day we switched to wave 50 on insane. with the starting weapons we'd last about 39-70 seconds LOL
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Clutch, my dad heard me yelling at the tv for being a cunt and came in and watched us play. He saw Jin with the shield in the corner run out of ammo and bash the wretch.

He actually laughed pretty hard -He enjoys watching that game - He wants to know how to play it.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Clutch, my dad heard me yelling at the tv for being a cunt and came in and watched us play. He saw Jin with the shield in the corner run out of ammo and bash the wretch.
    god i lol'd at that. also how close was my dive through the security fence? i can't remember if you were still there for but it jesus

He actually laughed pretty hard -He enjoys watching that game - He wants to know how to play it.
    lol sweet, maybe he'l get his own xbox
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Yeah, I was dead but i was watching your dive on the ghost camera. I swear the soles of your boots dissapeared. It was so close to you being diced into three pieces.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

well at least i didn't dive blindly backwards into it like last time haha
    situational awareness > me

was it you or toran who stuck the boomer with a grenade except found out after that it was just a smoke grenade?

That was toran Was classic.

I think the worst thing was me with a gattling gun trying to get back through the lasers, Powered up just as I walked through
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

good times. will have to play again this weekend (along with L4D)

I have to buy another game??
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

yes...

Alright. FINE! gosh!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information