Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Supra (A90) 2019-

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    As crazy as Supra MkIV prices are, they're at least closer to Earth than air-cooled Porsche values. Now that's a whole new level of insanity.

Speaking of the new Supra, it's running 2nd in class nearly 18 hours into the 24hrs Nürburgring. One of the Mercedes-AMG threw away a podium spot in a silly crash trying to out-brake it on the GP course. Mr. Toyoda is currently in the car.
    Well not in Spain. The air-cooled 911s are slightly more affordable. With emphasis on slightly.

Porsche 911 de segunda mano y ocasión | Coches.net

By the way, the Supra finally finished third in class. Not bad I guess. I wouldn't mind one to replace the 1er eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Ah gotcha. Congrats on the purchase.
    Thanks! Haven't driven it a lot lately, but the first 600 or so miles have been amazing.
    Mazda's been all vaporware lately, they're definitely way smaller than any of the Japanese big 3 by far. Overall though, I'd rate the company healthier than Mitsubishi. I don't even know what they sell now other than the Eclipse crossover and whatever is left of their Galants.
    Disagree. I respect Mazda highly. They are indeed small compared to the Japanese giants, but their cars are as interesting as ever especially with the SkyActiv-X. If instead of a silly targa the MX-5 RF would've been a proper hardtop coupe I'd have had a tough choosing for my next car...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well not in Spain. The air-cooled 911s are slightly more affordable. With emphasis on slightly.

Porsche 911 de segunda mano y ocasión | Coches.net

By the way, the Supra finally finished third in class. Not bad I guess. I wouldn't mind one to replace the 1er eventually.

Thanks! Haven't driven it a lot lately, but the first 600 or so miles have been amazing.

Disagree. I respect Mazda highly. They are indeed small compared to the Japanese giants, but their cars are as interesting as ever especially with the SkyActiv-X. If instead of a silly targa the MX-5 RF would've been a proper hardtop coupe I'd have had a tough choosing for my next car...
    Sorry, I meant Mazda being vaporware in the sense that they have yet to put a sports car concept other than the MX-5 into production. I absolutely love that they're still making the Miata and they make sporty, fun to drive cars. I just wish they made the RX Vision concept.

How is everyone so damn rich?

Import/export by the look of those wheels...

It is frustrating to see prices of cars we have liked for years go crazy. I think the Supra is a victim of its own success; so many have been modified (horribly) that intact ones are very rare. I won't shed a tear over the Supra, or even the GT-R if I'm honest, but seeing FD RX-7s go nuts is very disheartening. If only the tuners of the world had lavished their attention on third-gen Camaros...
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    How is everyone so damn rich?
    Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Import/export by the look of those wheels...

It is frustrating to see prices of cars we have liked for years go crazy. I think the Supra is a victim of its own success; so many have been modified (horribly) that intact ones are very rare. I won't shed a tear over the Supra, or even the GT-R if I'm honest, but seeing FD RX-7s go nuts is very disheartening. If only the tuners of the world had lavished their attention on third-gen Camaros...
    The increase in prices make sense for me. Baby boomers never could afford muscle cars, but grew up with them so they have intense nostalgia for them. Result? Muscle car prices go crazy after 20-30 years. Look at how crazy prices went at Barrett-Jackson auctions.

Millenials (Am I even using this term correctly?) grew up with Japanese super coupes, never could afford them or too young to drive, grew up with Gran Turismo and now can afford them and the prices go crazy.

Sounds reasonable to me.

It's not that I'm ok with this either. I too want to drive a garage where I get to own a R34 GT-R, a gen 1 NSX, a FD RX-7 and an A80 Supra.

A man can dream right?

In January 2019, the fifth-generation GR Supra, the first global Toyota GAZOO Racing model, made its world debut, ending years of anticipation and speculation among sports car enthusiasts around the world. Behind the new Supra is a 50+ year lineage of unique Toyota sports and GT cars. The 2020 GR Supra goes/went on sale in summer of 2019 and will be available in two grades – 3.0 and 3.0 Premium, as well as a Launch Edition which will be based on the 3.0 Premium grade.
    Attached Images Attached Images

GR Supra #2
    Attached Images Attached Images

I dig the color in the first four pics. It's interesting that Toyota seems to be dumping the well(ish)-known TRD branding for the much more-obscure Gazoo stuff. Maybe it plays well in Japan, but the white, orange, and red seems much more accessible to us gaijin from such diverse sources as rallying, stock cars, and IMSA racing.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I dig the color in the first four pics. It's interesting that Toyota seems to be dumping the well(ish)-known TRD branding for the much more-obscure Gazoo stuff. Maybe it plays well in Japan, but the white, orange, and red seems much more accessible to us gaijin from such diverse sources as rallying, stock cars, and IMSA racing.
    That is nice, like a dark blue. Cars these days have boring colors. Cars used to come in teal, two tones and, browns and greens. Now cars are silver, ivory, grey, and black.

I do not understand the use of the Gazoo thing. It has no heritage and the name is ridiculous. Gazoo Racing Masters (of the) Nurburgring? What the hell were they thinking?

They already had something with heritage, and cache and panache: TTE. In fact Gazoo just built on the remains of the old TTE structure.

(Just like Renault Sport was little more than a renamed Alpine)
    Visca Catalunya!

Oh and by the way, I don't understand Toyota's obsession with red/black interiors. The look vile.
    Visca Catalunya!

I do not understand the use of the Gazoo thing. It has no heritage and the name is ridiculous. Gazoo Racing Masters (of the) Nurburgring? What the hell were they thinking?)
    That is something that has perplexed me. It certainly does not captivate in North America, I was unsure what the view was in Europe. Maybe it's a big thing in Japan, which is fine, but the naming convention can be different in different markets. For whatever reason, it seems they're trying to make their mini-M with GRMN, as Hyundai is... With N.

Oh and by the way, I don't understand Toyota's obsession with red/black interiors. The look vile.
    Maybe you are getting old? So am I. It looks boy racery. Whatever.

You know, I was totally going to forgive the Supra for being a BMW when I saw the price and the performance it was offering.

However, what is the justification for BMW for charging for Apple Car Play as a subscription and Toyota following in their footsteps (potentially 4 years down the line)? Everyone else offers it for free, how doe BMW even have the gall to ask people for money for something every other manufacturer to my understanding offers subscription free?

At that point, you may as well just offer the car without a radio and a big hole for a double din dash, I bet you it would be cheaper just for me to install my own stereo system and drop in something that I would like better.

2020 Toyota Supra owners may have to pay for Apple CarPlay one day | Autoblog

And it looks like they're not even offering Android Auto!
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 08-24-2019 at 01:17 PM.

As I was saying about a couple of months ago, who cares a infotainment when you have that engine under the bonnet.

I would even be interested if they brought here one of the fours and it was offered at a reasonable price.

One of the things that bother me is why do they offer those cars with such ridiculous tyres. The base Z4 has 255/45 R17 tyres in the back. Why? Why such big tyres for less than 200bhp?

I understand that the Supra suffers the same fate.

(By comparison the 320i, which weights about 30kg more, has 205/60 R16 tyres all round...)
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information