Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 458 Italia 2009-2015

I think I'd much rather have a 458 minus two

It does look "modern" though, not very ferrari though. I'll reserve final judgement until I see one for real. The california looked terrible in photos, but quite nice in the metal.
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

this car is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Don't ask questions. Just bend over and accept it.
    Over my dead body.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    The 360 looks a bit...girly, not very mean, not very elegant.
    The 355 looks extremely dated when you put it next to the 360, which imo is extremely elegant and doesn't need to look mean to be a great car, and if you mean girly as in sexy like a supermodel, you'd be correct

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I'd have a 355 over a 360.. pop-up headlights.
    Pop up headlights are a thing of the past my friend. They only ever look good closed! I started to like Ferraris more when they went back to the open headlight designs, like the 550 and the 360. Although, the 456 has beautiful lines (again with them down though) too.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    The 355 looks extremely dated when you put it next to the 360
    The 360 is a dramatic visual enhancement when parked next to the 355, but I'd still take the latter. Because it's dated doesn't make it less spectacular. I'm sure many people on this forum would take the 993 GT2 over the 997 variant any day regardless of modern looks; just to make a correlation.

I guess I'm just old school. That being said the 360 is a great looking car, much better than the 430. The 355 is just most attractive regardless of its age(in my opinion)... just like how some people would take Sharon Stone over Megan Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    just like how some people would take Sharon Stone over Megan Fox.
    So, when it comes to those two, who'd you take? The newer more refined and responsive one, or the dated, weathered, classic one?

And back on topic, yea I can appreciate that people like the stuff from the past. That's how everyone has their flavor. The 360 is the car that introduced me to Ferrari, so it holds a special place in my heart. It'll be the one I own one day.
    Last edited by DesmoRob; 07-29-2009 at 02:18 PM.

360 looks like a squashed amphibian, with headlights from a kit car, 355 was back when ferrari still made pretty cars.
    also x2 on 993 GT2 vs 997.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    360 looks like a squashed amphibian
    I guess I'm into that sort of thing.

I'm not sure discussing such a subjective subject as likings will lead this debate anywhere.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    I'm not sure discussing such a subjective subject as likings will lead this debate anywhere.
    it won't, but it's still fun.
    360 CS ftw.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

it won't, but it's still fun.
    360 CS ftw.
    Well, I guess I'm gonna participate then.

I've never been a fan of the 360's design, however, the CS is indeed one great, mean looking machine. I may or may not have secretly fapped about owning one. Virtually.

As for 360 vs. 355, I prefer the latter. I like its low, wide stance. I usually don't like pop-up headlights but in the 355's case they are very appearling, and fit perfectly with the relatively squareish design of the car. The 355 just looks manly, aggressive. In contrast the 360 looks a bit feminine, too rounded.

I'll take a Blu Tour de France F355 GTS, tan interior, 6-speed manual please.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

get out of my head!

i will say that a 360 makes more sense though, maintenance wise..more workshop friendly.

Pop up headlights are a thing of the past my friend. They only ever look good closed! I started to like Ferraris more when they went back to the open headlight designs, like the 550 and the 360. Although, the 456 has beautiful lines (again with them down though) too.
    The 355 is also a thing of the past.. and anyway, if it's dark enough to have the lights popped up then you can't see the car properly anyway. I also really like the 456.

i will say that a 360 makes more sense though, maintenance wise..more workshop friendly.
    Yea, from everything I've read, the 355 can be very temperamental, and its more expensive to fix too. But you've got to pay to play.

LOVE IT!

I like the 360 Modena and F430 too, but neither really works for me as an open car.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Yea, from everything I've read, the 355 can be very temperamental, and its more expensive to fix too. But you've got to pay to play.
    that's true, and i'd pay the costs, to not have a 360

Thread Information