View Poll Results: Who is going out at McLaren?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • JPM

18 69.23%
  • Kimi

6 23.08%
  • Alonso

2 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to be out at McLaren?

Who is going to be out at McLaren?

So who is going out? Montoya or Kimi?

It's a crazy crazy world in F1 so it might even be Fernando Alonso. Remember that not long ago someone was paid NOT to drive (although I don't quite remember who that was and have no time now to google it).

So, grab all your available information, cast a spell, and try to predict the future. This will give you undeniable bragging rights.

Please explain why, and if you dare, tell us where the outcast is going to end up.

I'm going with the obvious, Kimi to Ferrari!
    Zag when they Zig

do you mean when buttom paid himself out of his contract with Williams?
    and i hope Montoya goes, even tho i really like him, and i hope its Kimi and Alonso staying. I hope Kimi doesn't leave for Ferrari, but if he does, and Juan goes, i think Paffett and Alonso, but i want it to be Kimi and Alonso, i hope Kimi does what his good friend Mika Hakkinen did, and stays at McLaren for his career

Dumbest question ever...Kimi and Alonso will be formidable....Montoya for me.

I don't think you can have two drivers of that caliber on the same team in F1 anymore. Kimi will go to Ferrari, if not in 07, he'll go in 08.

I really hope that Monty will stay in the team! He is so cool! I also like Kimi a lot! But remember the rumours about Mercedes-Benz having two teams in 2007 Then Monty and Fernando could drive the McLarens, and Paffet and Kimi the other Mercedes cars for the 2nd team !
    Mercedes-Benz fanatic

I doubt it, if they enter a second team it will be a 'B' or 'development' team. Not for potential (or defending as the case may be by then) world champs!

I don't really like JPM and I really like Kimi so I hope JPM goes and Alonso and Kimi stay and win championships for the rest of their careers.

I'm thinking JPM will replace Alonso at Renault

Perhaps both JPM and Kimi will leave - Kimi to Ferrari to replace Schumacher and JPM to Renault to replace either Alonso or Fisichella.
    Alongside Alonso we could see Pedro de la Rosa, Paffett or Lewis Hamilton - both should be ready to step up to F1 in 2007 and both are currently McLaren contracted drivers (Hamilton has long been groomed by McLaren and is racing in GP2 with their support, Paffett as a tester).
    McLaren has six potential drivers next year and can perhaps place two of them with the proposed McLaren Mercedes B team and two in the lead team, leaving two out of the picture.
    Kimi has expressed dissatisfaction - I expect him to go to Ferrari, even if he has to share no 1 status with Schumi for a year. JPM has said he would stay at McLaren unless offered a contract by Ferrari or Renault. I expect Renault will target him for next year.
    So, perhaps it will be Alonso and Hamilton in the McLarens and De La Rosa and Paffett in the B Team, giving a mix of experience and youth in each team. Why Hamilton rather than Paffett in the McLaren - because he has been groomed for so long to eventually take such a seat.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

I like JPM a lot but the other two are going to command so much money that the team will feel obligated to get their money's worth from them and so Montoya will be the odd man out.

If the rumours are true about Kimi's Ferrari deal then McLaren will want to be quick in offering Montoya a deal otherwise he could very well be at Toyota, BMW or Renault. Otherwise as MSN said it looks like they could both be gone, as Kimi would be damn near sick of Merc's unreliability and Montoya probably feels no desire to stay.

I think Montoya should stay though, it wont produce such a conflict of ideas with Alonso and they could very well learn from each others different styles in such close quarters.
    I am the Stig

I'm sure I've seen something which gave a very strong indication that Montoya was off.

Can't remember where though.
    Thanks for all the fish

I don't think Kimi is happy where he is though, there are also strong rumor of him going to Toyota.....at any rate I think he'll find another ride in 07....

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Dumbest question ever...Kimi and Alonso will be formidable....Montoya for me.
    I second that...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Monty for me as well, though i hate it. He is my favourite driver, has so much more balls than all the rest, and i will remeber his third race in F1 for ever, taking Schumi, and winning all but the finish (for those who cant remeber he was rammed off the road).

Thread Information