Thread: WRC in Poland in 2009! :)

WRC in Poland in 2009! :)

It's been announced that the Rally of Poland (Rajd Polski) will be included in the WRC calendar. It will take place 26-29 June 2009 and will be based around Mikolajki, in the lake district of Masuria.
    The Rally of Poland is the second oldest rally in the world currently in existence, after the famous Monte Carlo. Its first edition took place in 1921. Since 1960 it's been a part of the European Rally Championship. The only time it was a part of the WRC was in 1973, the first year of the world championship. It was the only case of a WRC rally taking place behind the "iron curtain". It holds the record for the smallest number of teams finishing a WRC rallye. Out of 62 teams only 3 made it to the finish line. First place went to Achim Warmboldt/Jean Todt (yes, THE Jean Todt) on Fiat Abarth 124 Rally, second to East German team of Egon Culmbacher/Werner Ernst on Wartburg 353 and third to a polish team Maciej Stawowiak/Jan Czyzyk on Polski Fiat 125.
    Last edited by go.pawel; 12-07-2007 at 01:59 PM.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

no wai! but in fact, i was really believing in it... not as with Euro 2012, but we've got it anyway so doh...

it's cool and all, but i'm a bit worried... imo, rallies in poland are very poorly organized and the cultural level of spectators is also often low... but maybe i'm a bit overreacting, and everybody will live up to the expectations
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    and the cultural level of spectators is also often low...
    It's not an opera gala, so I wouldn't worry that much about their cultural level
    Anyway, it's like 2,5 hours from me, so I'll probably go there (if I'm still living here).

Should be interesting...
    how are the roads on the projected course? Lots of jumps?

great stuff. But dont expect there to be many spectators.

They're all over here working in our corner shops :/

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post

I can assure you that we hardly even noticed that 2 million people who went to work abroad in the last years. The remaining 37 million is more than enough to attend a WRC rally
    The only thing that is noticable is that unemployment fell from 19% to 11% in the last 5 years. And that suddenly we have 10 flights to UK & Ireland every day

yeah atleast you're benefiting from it

yeah atleast you're benefiting from it
    You should seriously think about what you are saying Coterikkk..
    If you can't see the racism in these comments you have to grow up a bit..
    And you know why they are working at the corner-shops?
    Because lazy youths like you won't do it..

Spell my name right first pal. Then look up racism in the dictionary.

Then visit blackpool and try to stop and ask for directions. Nobody can tell you because they dont speak your language. I'm not saying 'get the poles out!'. Its just a little demoralising. I work with a few and they are ignorant sods who care little about the customers they're working for. They are obviously having an impact on my opinion. But its a good basis to have one.

If you want to take this personally and call me a 'lazy youth' then go ahead. I can sure as hell throw a bunch of accusations at you in return. I'm more than willing to play that game if you are

Spell my name right first pal. Then look up racism in the dictionary.
    You're right, it's not racism. It's simple nationalistic prejudice. And xenophobia. Which means that you're in violation of rule #7 of the forum guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    I work with a few and they are ignorant sods who care little about the customers they're working for. They are obviously having an impact on my opinion. But its a good basis to have one.
    I could tell just the same about a bunch of English guys I worked with. I was a team leader in polish branch of an international ngo and in my team were people from Poland, UK, Germany and US. All aged 19-21, so there's some basis for comparison. The UK guys were the biggest slackers, actually the only slackers among them. They had an attitude of "Give me my money and leave me alone. I'm not gonna do this stuff, it needs too much effort."
    But that experience doesn't make me generalise that all UK workers are like that. Just as your personal experience of some people you work with doesn't make you in any way entitled to express an opinion about Polish workers in UK in general. There's a lot of my friends currently working there and they speak great english (not to mention other languages), have far better proffessional experience than their british peers and are willing to work twice as much for the same amount of money.
    A limited view is never a good basis for an opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    If you want to take this personally and call me a 'lazy youth' then go ahead. I can sure as hell throw a bunch of accusations at you in return. I'm more than willing to play that game if you are

Don't heat it up, it won't do you any good. Seeing as you're not able to take a bit of criticism, you'd probably just go on a rant of personal attacks and got banned. Vide rule #1 of the guidelines.

BTW, the words "like you" were probably unnecessary in LotusLocost's post, but he's got the point there. I have quite a few friends in UK & Ireland and, if anything, they're grateful that they're finally able to find someone to work on positions the locals weren't willing to take (sometimes because of money, sometimes at all). I haven't heard a single complaint.

Rally poland wrc round june 2009

I have great pleasure to invite everybody for Round WRC in
    POLAND.WELCOME EVERYBODY IN POLAND JUNE 2009.

"On this website Oferta noclegów na Rajd Polski '09 | Miko?ajki, Gi?ycko, Mr?gowo, Mazury | Rajd Polski 2009 eliminacja Rajdowych Samochodowych Mistrzostw ?wiata
    Supporters from all over the world can book accommodation for the period the Rally
    Poland '09 (25-28 June 2009), which is one of the rounds of WRC cycle.
    You can also find there a google map on which both places of
    accommodation and special stages are marked. What is more, there are
    also descriptions of given accommodation along with pictures, GPS
    location and the description of the equipment. "

Take a look for our trailer.
    YouTube - 66 Rally Poland WRC round in june 2009

Thread Information