Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4th Gen.

I think Italy is the largest or the second largest (first being Japan or something) market for mobile phones, yet people go nuts for the iPhone.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

In Australia (At least on the network I work for) we've had to upgrade our coverage significantly to cover the way the iPhone sucks data down it's portals.

Great device and a beaut piece of industrial design, but It's about as advanced as a slice of cheese in the phone world.

Slap an apple on the back though, and suddenly it's the second coming of the messiah.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I have a $29 cap w/ $10 internet add on that does me nicely.

granted, I bought the phone outright, but still...there are ways and means.
    IB4R, my 3 mobile $29 cap with $12 internet pack expires in August. I don't know whether to get an iPhone 4 or an Android phone. Do you have any advice?
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

In Australia (At least on the network I work for) we've had to upgrade our coverage significantly to cover the way the iPhone sucks data down it's portals.

Great device and a beaut piece of industrial design, but It's about as advanced as a slice of cheese in the phone world.

Slap an apple on the back though, and suddenly it's the second coming of the messiah.
    Which network do you work for? I work for the v one that just merged with the # one.... there's sme struggling there.

jonh14, it depends on what you want. Most of the difference between smaertphones is down to how they sync with your PC. If you use a lot of Google services, Android will be for you, if you use a Mac then iPhone4 will be for you. If you use a lot of MS things (Outlook tasks and calendars and whatnot) then it might be worth waiting until MS phone 7 thing happens. That won't be until early next year though, so.. yea. Things that depend on things will depend on things that depend on things.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    IB4R, my 3 mobile $29 cap with $12 internet pack expires in August. I don't know whether to get an iPhone 4 or an Android phone. Do you have any advice?
    It's dependant on what you want to do, and what sort of ecosystem you're willing to engage yourself with.

iTunes etc is well established and the aftersales is more than likely to be strong, but Android handsets are a growing force and being open source they have greater scope for growth, but the growth hasn't happened yet.

The easiest thing to say would be to wait until the day before your contract update and see which is the better device and service at the time - you can't really go wrong either way.

I'll wait on the inevitable 4GS. they've still not convinced me to part from my crackberry..

I think they want to lose the G from the name to avoid (more) confusion.. the #G noclementure was inherited from the ipod and just confused things when it came to the iphone..

1G = first gen 2G phone
    2G = 3G
    3G = 3GS
    4G = iPhone4 (no 4G capabilities)

Days until a class action lawsuit against apple for there not being any 4G in iPhone4... taking bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    I'll wait on the inevitable 4GS. they've still not convinced me to part from my crackberry..
    Then you have a long way to go.
    AT&T won't have 4G to begin with until 2011-2012. A 4GS would be around 2013-2014. Just speculatin'.
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

It's dependant on what you want to do, and what sort of ecosystem you're willing to engage yourself with.

iTunes etc is well established and the aftersales is more than likely to be strong, but Android handsets are a growing force and being open source they have greater scope for growth, but the growth hasn't happened yet.

The easiest thing to say would be to wait until the day before your contract update and see which is the better device and service at the time - you can't really go wrong either way.
    iTunes is well established, but it doesn't make it good. I use it for a first generation iTouch, and it's terrible.

I hate it with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I think they want to lose the G from the name to avoid (more) confusion.. the #G noclementure was inherited from the ipod and just confused things when it came to the iphone..

1G = first gen 2G phone
    2G = 3G
    3G = 3GS
    4G = iPhone4 (no 4G capabilities)

Days until a class action lawsuit against apple for there not being any 4G in iPhone4... taking bets.
    All official literature calls it iPhone 4, not 4G, specifically for that reason.

Android phones- they say will replace i-phone - crackberry as number one choice by 2012.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

well.. mine is preordered. i managed to get one ordered despite the cluster that was yesterday. apparently it crashed both AT&T and Apple's servers, and there was more opening day demand than for the 3G and the 3GS combined. so i should have it on or before the 2nd of july. my wife wants a white one, and they aren't doing preorders there, so she has to wait. sucks to be her.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

they pre-sold over 600,000 yesterday
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

And then got the credit card numbers all mixed up...

So outside of the I-Phone. What is the future of the smart phones ?. In 2011 i will be looking for my upgrade phone, and still the i-phone doesn't appeal to me. It's design and look does, but that's where the love ends.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Thread Information