Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Noble M600 supercar revealed

New Noble M600 supercar revealed

car_photo_420094_25.jpg car_photo_420109_25.jpg car_photo_420112_25.jpg

The speed of this car is astonishing; this is definitely in my top 10 favourite supercars. sorry, not got a picture of the back of this car, if anyone has one please post it.

The British-made supercar boasts a full carbon body, with a mid-mounted 4.4-litre V8 engine powering the rear wheels. It boasts outputs of 650bhp and 604lb ft, and coupled with a sub-1200kg kerb weight, it possesses a 550bhp/ton power-to-weight ratio. That’s significantly higher than the Bugatti Veyron’s 521bhp/ton, and enough to give the Noble a 0-60mph time of less than 3.0sec and a top speed of 225mph. Yet more staggering is an 8.9sec 0-120mph sprint, achieved by Noble’s heavier pre-production car.

That monster power output is switchable, with 450, 550 and 650bhp modes (select based on road conditions or your bravery levels), each possessing its own, tweaked throttle delivery, too. There is traction control, which is also adjustable, right down to being fully switched off via the appropriately named ‘Missile Switch’. Though according to evo’s Henry Catchpole on eCoty 2009, ‘the engine’s boost builds progressively – the Noble can be just as scary or docile as you want it to be’.

Things certainly aren’t scary inside the M600, the interior being trimmed with Wilton carpet, a full carbon centre console & door panels and handcrafted, bespoke switchgear. There’s a wealth of options, too, including sat-nav and telephone control, Alcantara and leather trim (for no extra charge) and a fully exposed, lacquered carbon body. There’s a completely bespoke choice of colours, too, also at no extra charge. Rival super makers with lavishly priced option lists could learn something from Noble’s no-cost option philosophy.

That said, prices are yet to be announced, though there are currently 52 deposits down according to Noble Cars MD Peter Boutwood, with a number of export enquiries prompting left-hand-drive production. Deliveries are scheduled to begin in April 2011.

2010 Noble M600 - Images, Specifications and Information
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 01-28-2011 at 11:20 AM.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

I fell in love with this when I saw it on Top Gear. It is quite the beast, very fickle and requires the utmost precision. It is quite the driver's car, requiring a talented driver. I'd love one, but I'd flip it....
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    I fell in love with this when I saw it on Top Gear. It is quite the beast, very fickle and requires the utmost precision. It is quite the driver's car, requiring a talented driver. I'd love one, but I'd flip it....
    i agree it is true drivers car, and i love it
    — Jeremy Clarkson

i had never heard of the volvo v8 before!

It's been around for a while now, mainly in the XC90 and S80. It really only exists for marketeering purposes, as the 3.2 I6T has basically the same output.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

so why did Noble select it , it must have redeeming qualitys

like how Keoinsegg chose the Modular 5.4 as their first engine because it was stong enough for what they wanted

ascari have gottena 650 hp tune out of the bmw 5.0 btw , quite an increase over the M5's 400

I dont see anything in the link or article that states that this is a new model, or new options even. Am I missing something?

*edit* is it the same as these?
    Noble M600 - Ultimatecarpage.com forums
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 01-30-2011 at 12:37 AM.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    I dont see anything in the link or article that states that this is a new model, or new options even. Am I missing something?

I had the same thought. Maybe there is just a new paint scheme.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post

This is the actual production version, previous cars were pre-production testers.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    so why did Noble select it , it must have redeeming qualitys

like how Keoinsegg chose the Modular 5.4 as their first engine because it was stong enough for what they wanted

ascari have gottena 650 hp tune out of the bmw 5.0 btw , quite an increase over the M5's 400
    I guess it does what they want at the cost they like. I'm not saying it's a bad engine, just that it's was mainly brought about because someone at Volvo decided they needed a V8 for some markets (America) because it sounds good.

Seeing as though it's a Yamaha unit, not actually a Volvo one it should be pretty good.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

yeah i seem to recall the yamaha V6's made for ford/mazda were good for their time?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

The original Taurus SHO unit was a yamaha, wasn't it? They do make good lumps, no doubt about it. The Volvo I5 is a great engine too, though that was made with the assistance of Porsche if my memory serves me right.

Hadn't the Volvo V8 been discontinued?

(In Europe at least)
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information