Thread: Suggestions please

Suggestions please

I need ideas.

I'm trying to come up with some design work, but can't think of anything to do.

What I'd really like would be suggestions in the realm of;

Brand/ Manufacturer

Type of car e.g SUV, Family car, roadster...

Rough time frame
    6 years, 12 years, 20 years...

Please don't all suggest sports cars 'cause I would like some variation.
    I'll post the results depending on how well they turn out.

You can post a pic of the type of vehicle if you want.

Ta.
    Thanks for all the fish

I think we've seen a lot of super concept cars already, how about something 'cute' and 'small'...something like the size and design realm of the Mercedes A class, or the BMW Isetta
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by byronleehk; 07-17-2004 at 05:52 PM.
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

how bout chopping a Prius?
    Attached Images Attached Images

What about some cross-over ideas.
    These are always popular with the design houses. I've reviewed a few excellent concepts for students.

SUV <-> sports car ( Renault have done this recently )

camper <-> runabout.
    Student did a really neat one of camper to drive to site but then out of the front it detached and it became a neat soft top 4 seater. benefits obvious.

think about some of your own. How about road car to track car ?
    The Deronda is interesting, but so far they've not published the window and side luggage designs. But I've discussed them with the company owner when he was at Knockhill. So if you're interested get me on messenger.

In building a design portfolio, the intended use and fit to the differnet purposes are as important as the drawing and engineering.

Also, design studios aren't limited to just reviewing work on cars.
    How about lawnmower, hoover, hand tool, games console. All things which can show aspects of solid thinking in usability, looks, form and function.

The other thing which car design houses like is the portfolio expansion stuff. A lotus off-roader or a Rolls-Royce SUV or a Land Rover sportscar.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i cant really think of any crossovers that havent been done. you could say that toyota were the first to make an SUV/family car crossover with the original Rav4, then back in 1934 ford were the first with a family car/work truck that is the same philosophy still used for the current aussie utes

i wouldnt mind seeing something like a 1 seat sports car thats easy enough to drive around the street (doesnt particularly have to withstand city stop-start driving), but fun enough that on some empty streets, theres some enjoyment from driving under the limit, and still capable of 200km/h+ performance for on the track.
    I am the Stig

A Rolls Royce of some sort sounds fun
    Thanks for all the fish

I would suggest to design the new Volvo crossroad.By the way(this is my favourite expression) are u in the drawing competition;
    Thanos is a young boy from Greece who doesn't know what to write in his signature.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    i cant really think of any crossovers that havent been done.
    and that's what will give him a chance to demonatrate INNOVATION
    Course it's cheating if he uses us to do that

Crossover camper van <-> small car already mentioned.
    Design concepts need thinking out of the box, so a crossover doesn't mean the car does both jobs with no change.
    Look at the Citroen Pluriel.

How about flat-bed truck and sportcar ??
    How does it convert from one to the other ? Does the truck keep an axle for better performances AS a truck without penalising the psorts car ??
    i wouldnt mind seeing something like a 1 seat sports car thats easy enough to drive around the street (doesnt particularly have to withstand city stop-start driving), but fun enough that on some empty streets, theres some enjoyment from driving under the limit, and still capable of 200km/h+ performance for on the track.
    Check out the Deronda - a 2 seater trackday focussed sports car. But add the side luggage and the windsreen ( which includes the wiper ) and the roof ( which includes engine intake ) and you've a tourer
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by thanos
    I would suggest to design the new Volvo crossroad.By the way(this is my favourite expression) are u in the drawing competition;
    Been done ....

Thread Information