View Poll Results: Do you smoke?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • No (non-smoker)

72 79.12%
  • Some, here and there (casual, weekly thing)

9 9.89%
  • Daily (I need like 1-4 everyday)

1 1.10%
  • Daily (I need more than 5 a day)

9 9.89%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Are UCP users smokers?

i smoked a few times with friends 4-5 years ago & that was it. ive stopped now & only smoked bcoz of peer pressure. luckily all my freinds grew up from the 'smoking is cool' phase.
    i dont smoke for 3 reasons:
    1. cigarettes take up a large part of my allowance
    2. i dont like the taste
    3. & its also not good for health
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    i smoke daily, abt 4 a day, but that's after slowing down from about 8-9 a day, and im planning to quit by the end of september.
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

Ultimatecarpage.com
    The anti-drug

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    I answered the poll even though I'm under 17 because I won't smoke, ever.
    preach on C

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Do you think Alcohol's all that different?

I'm a second hand smoker, which they say is worse than actually smoking myself.
    I don't drink that much, I don't smoke anymore.

Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

...yeah
    Attached Images Attached Images
    pondering things

There are much worse things in this world than smoking. Apparently spending a day kicking about in London equates (in terms of the number and severity of the toxins you inhale) to smoking about fifteen fags.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Yeah seriously, I don't smoke other than the occasional cigar while out at the pub or parties and whatnot; but I can't stand these anti-smoking activists.

Leave the smokers alone, it's their choice to do what they want. Hell, we've already alienated them to small designated corners about 5 miles from any establishment with the ridiculous ban rules already, what more do you want. (This is Canada however, not sure of other policies)

And to those who say "it affects others' health just as much" and to people who make obvious signs of disapproval in the presence of a smoker: **** off.
    You'll walk downtown and inhale hundreds of toxins from the cars you drive, and all sorts of other exhaust chemicals, yet one tiny cigarette as you walk by is a huge threat to your health? Idiots. (No direct attack to anyone here, just my pent up thoughts, and I'm not even a smoker)
    Last edited by zeppelin; 09-10-2006 at 03:16 PM.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

^ i figure, if it's okay for people to abuse smokers for smoking in public, it's okay for me to abuse fat people for eating/being fat in public.
    edit: that's how i got banned from a certain KFC
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

WOW, i see the VAST majority of people who voted dont smoke.

As for me, the occasional joint (maybe 3-4 times a year) and a big FAT cuban on new year's eve (tradition). So i dont consider my self a smoker.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    ^ i figure, if it's okay for people to abuse smokers for smoking in public, it's okay for me to abuse fat people for eating/being fat in public.
    edit: that's how i got banned from a certain KFC
    Yesssss!!! Thank you sooo much. That has been one of my prime counter arguments for ages now, I'm glad someone else feels the same. Fat-ass fast food consumers are hurting themselves as much or more, no one bitches at them.... However they'll argue it doesn't hurt others like second hand smoke.

I beg to differ: I have to look at them (hurts my eyes) and I have to wait for them to waddle through the line-ups as I wait to get my lunch. Extreme yes, but I've never been known as a kind sunshine and smiles kinda guy.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    what kind of set up are we talking here? i'll bet as long as it's a fight to the death and then the winner gets shunted out the nearest airlock.
    Sounds Plan worthy - but the oxygen rich environment required to initiate the airlocks will also give them the strength of lions and prevent smoking in the facility.

I don't know why, but I was thinking Bra and Panties match.

And it's ok to make fun of fat people - anyone who does something so bad for their body they show it, and THEN have the nerve to complain about how stuff isn't suited to them (people requiring two airline seats as an example) are not to be listened to.

I hate this whole lack of self control thing people have - "It's not my fault I smoke, I was pressured into it by advertising...". If your that weak willed perhaps you deserve everything you get.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Hmm, a lot of hardcore anti-smokers here. I've mentioned it before on the forums so I might as well mention it again.

Yeah, I smoke.

really? You give others the impression that you don't

Thread Information