8. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

5 62.50%
  • no

3 37.50%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New racing and exotic based car club

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    Must have, i mean 132 post in 4 days, that's alot.
    I am currently on night shift. I only have work if a bird comes in for a service, or if a pilot breaks something on the engine... So usually once or twice a week i have actual real work to do. It is pretty lonely on nights so i just chat on the interweb

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    it is peaceful down there right now. Don't you remember GWB annouced that about six weeks after the invasion started?
    yeah it is peaceful, until you get woken up by a moarter! i fricken hate those things!! They scare the crap out of me, the other day one hit about a football field away from where i was in the hanger, and It shook everything and I almost fell out of my seat! So yeah, it has its moments...

Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    yeah it is peaceful, until you get woken up by a moarter! i fricken hate those things!! They scare the crap out of me, the other day one hit about a football field away from where i was in the hanger, and It shook everything and I almost fell out of my seat! So yeah, it has its moments...
    So what do you do for a job? i ges your in the army by the sound of things, and where are you based.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

There is a private track club somewhere outside of Chicago, I remember reading about it in Car and Driver. Can't remember the name of it, if they even printed it. The track might be in Michigan or Indiana but it's a couple hours drive from Chicago. The guy who built it owns a couple bars in Wrigleyville.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    There is a private track club somewhere outside of Chicago, I remember reading about it in Car and Driver. Can't remember the name of it, if they even printed it. The track might be in Michigan or Indiana but it's a couple hours drive from Chicago. The guy who built it owns a couple bars in Wrigleyville.
    http://www.autobahncc.com/
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    So what do you do for a job? i ges your in the army by the sound of things, and where are you based.
    Im stationed out of Alaska. I am an engine repairer/maintainer. I am in training right now to get my pilots license and when i get out of the army I am going to a flight school called APTflightschool to be an airline pilot. Probably will be flying CRJ 700s to start.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    http://www.autobahncc.com/
    ^ Nice .. and gives FD some info to realise the market
    Initiation Fee $35,000
    Annual Dues $4,000
    as pointed out withotu annual fees you cant run a business !!

and boy am I pissed, thinking of allt he time I spent Napierville/Joliet with HP and no chances for somethign like that
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-05-2011 at 03:51 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

yeah, i doubt ill build the track now... ill just keep it a free car club.

Im stationed out of Alaska. I am an engine repairer/maintainer. I am in training right now to get my pilots license and when i get out of the army I am going to a flight school called APTflightschool to be an airline pilot. Probably will be flying CRJ 700s to start.
    Cool, sounds like a intreasting job. I hope it all goes to well.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

i'd actually love to have a crack at those sportbike engined offroad buggy's.. that would be a hoot on a dirt track.
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-05-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: removed the spam and warning given

Yes, thank you. There is that but specifically I was remembering GingerMan Raceway mentioned in this Car & Driver comparison test.

http://www.gingermanraceway.com/

Welcome to a few years ago.
    Monticello Motor Club
    Finally got an email back from a guy that runs this place. He said I could come down and check it out, he would ride right seat and give me a tour of the track and I could drive on it for the whole day for only $2500. So If you are in the area, i suggest you check it out. The track looks amazing and I'm sure the facilities are as well!

If I am ever in the NY area again (I have family there and in MA) then I will probably try to take a day to check it out. Just for something to do

Man why I love Britain
    We can do that on tracks used in F1 and F3, GT and saloon race series for 1/10th that !!
    Enjoy and remember and discuss discount for club arranged days to research your business plan and not just hoon around for a day and ruin tyres/brakes and possibly ego
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

for only $2500.
    jesus i'd enter targa tasmania if i was spending that much!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

:whathesaid:
    Sadly it costs more than that to get the car over and mate now decides he DOESNT want to do it, so plans are shelved

Thread Information