Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 458 Italia 2009-2015

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Sexy car crash contest? EPIC FAIL.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

hey that one only has front end damage
    maybe he can replace it with a front end that looks good!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I like the whole car though!
    PINGAS!!!!

After seeing the picture of it on the street I've decided I like everythig except the headlights. Even the 3 tailpipes are working for me now.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZKL6dnkcOc&feature=fvhl"]YouTube - 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia on Road![/ame]
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

^Oh man....
    PINGAS!!!!

Hard to tell because of the camo but the profile of the car looks very good outside of the studio, will have to wait and see I guess
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I was wondering if there are new hi-res pics available of this gorgeous vehicle...
    Forza Ferrari!

just a couple, plus live shots from Frankfurt, nothing special.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Road and track videos by evo of the 458. Mmm...

I have to say, seeing the car moving always help.
    Still not a fan of the fron and rear ends, but the side is growing on me, I think I even saw some F355 references (yep, 355 ftw, once again).

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I have to say, seeing the car moving always help.
    Still not a fan of the fron and rear ends, but the side is growing on me, I think I even saw some F355 references (yep, 355 ftw, once again).
    Next to the elegance of the 355, this looks over designed, fussy, chintzy and most of all ugly.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Next to the elegance of the 355, this looks over designed, fussy, chintzy and most of all ugly.
    I think the F355 looks elegant only because of this, or of the F430.
    I always liked the F355, but I appreciate it more now than back in the days, and mostly because I never like the 360 and the F430 in first place.

This, however, even being doomed with details, sharp lines, edges and so on, has an overall sleek shape which is why I'm still interested in a close contact with the car.
    It isn't a thing of beauty, and the rear end still seems too vertical and made of shapes and lines rather than out of an homogeneous design, but I think it can be an improvement over the F430. It may be an easy task, not so much while still trying to have an aggressive and sporty look.

I'm not sure if I'll ever feel the need to buy one, even in the unreal world, I don't think I'm into this kind of cars in first place.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I think the F355 looks elegant only because of this, or of the F430.
    I always liked the F355, but I appreciate it more now than back in the days, and mostly because I never like the 360 and the F430 in first place.

This, however, even being doomed with details, sharp lines, edges and so on, has an overall sleek shape which is why I'm still interested in a close contact with the car.
    It isn't a thing of beauty, and the rear end still seems too vertical and made of shapes and lines rather than out of an homogeneous design, but I think it can be an improvement over the F430. It may be an easy task, not so much while still trying to have an aggressive and sporty look.

I'm not sure if I'll ever feel the need to buy one, even in the unreal world, I don't think I'm into this kind of cars in first place.
    I'm not a Ferrari man either, and neither I am a Dino man. But I don't still, I prefer the time when Ferraris were fast and beautiful. Style and substance, and not only substance as it seems now. Everything has become a bit too technical, a bit too efficient.

Cars like the 250 GT Lusso, the 365 GTB/4 Daytona or the Dino 246 GT were engineered to be fast, but were designed to be achingly beatiful. And they were and they still are. This on other hand was enginereed to be fast and designed to be fast as well, and that makes a crucial difference. Because when aerodynamics dictate the shape of a car the desginer has its arms tied to the back. And that's a shame, because you end having a Nissan GT-R. And I don't want a Ferrari GT-R.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I'm not a Ferrari man either, and neither I am a Dino man. But I don't still, I prefer the time when Ferraris were fast and beautiful. Style and substance, and not only substance as it seems now. Everything has become a bit too technical, a bit too efficient.

Cars like the 250 GT Lusso, the 365 GTB/4 Daytona or the Dino 246 GT were engineered to be fast, but were designed to be achingly beatiful. And they were and they still are. This on other hand was enginereed to be fast and designed to be fast as well, and that makes a crucial difference. Because when aerodynamics dictate the shape of a car the desginer has its arms tied to the back. And that's a shame, because you end having a Nissan GT-R. And I don't want a Ferrari GT-R.
    That's an undeniable point, especially with the mid engined Ferraris. I think the fron engined V12 cars are right now still safe from that new trend, the 599 had a lot of aerodynamic influences, but I still think it's gorgeous in the flesh, albeit it isn't as simple and fluid at a first glance as the 550 was.

Modern Ferraris, and mid engined in particular, are moving towards a new kind of personality that you summarized in this fast/fast approach as opposed to the older fast/beautiful, which I don't like too, but it is at least showing a path which is perhaps more clearly visible now than back in 2004 when the F430 was unveiled.
    After all this is what people seem to want right now, an perhaps it could take a while to teach them to a new body language which isn't made only of wings, vents and appliance stuff.
    It's also a common disease in brands who made their heritage out of competition and racing approach to road going cars. that said, even racing cars were better looking when aerodynamics was still an unknown entity.

Thread Information