Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iso Grifo 7 Liter 1968-1974

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
    Thanks. It´s an Intermeccanica, I think it is an Indra. It is powered by a Chevrolet V8. My second love of the day What the hell I might as well post the shots.
    Is this from the former Bergeyk museum?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Not sure if it was in Bergeyk before. I can only confirm it is located in Brummen now (as you already spotted of course).

Thanks. It´s an Intermeccanica, I think it is an Indra. It is powered by a Chevrolet V8. My second love of the day What the hell I might as well post the shots.
    Oh, I'd totally forgotten the Indra - god it's still gorgeous.
    Lovely post - thanks for that. What memories...

I can only confirm it is located in Brummen now (as you already spotted of course).
    No, I have never been to Aalderink....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

God I love these Italian classics. I love some of these awesome machines in my family Guess which doors I run down when I'm bored I'm sure we can arrange something if you want to see the IMO better looking GL350 version !

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    No, I have never been to Aalderink....
    I really can recommend to have a look there, although it is quite a long drive from the area where we live. Also don't forget to bring sufficient ca$h to spare if you are interested in buying a classic there . Stars of the show of course were the Iso, Intermeccanica as well as a Ferrari 356 GTB and Maserati Mexico. They also have some nice Alfa Romeo Giulietta's which were more affordable, Triumph TR6 etc.

I really can recommend to have a look there, although it is quite a long drive from the area where we live. Also don't forget to bring sufficient ca$h to spare if you are interested in buying a classic there . Stars of the show of course were the Iso, Intermeccanica as well as a Ferrari 356 GTB and Maserati Mexico. They also have some nice Alfa Romeo Giulietta's which were more affordable, Triumph TR6 etc.
    they have currently a large display on show at Interclassics in Maastricht. If you don't go there for making pictures, you will like it....

RM Auction - Amelia Island
    8 March 2014
    Lot 111
    1974 Iso Grifo 7-Liter
    Sold for $440,000

Chassis no. 250223
    Serial no. 413

400 bhp, 7.0-liter Chevrolet V-8 engine, Richmond six-speed manual transmission, independent front suspension, de Dion rear axle with longitudinal and transverse links and coil springs, and front and rear disc brakes. Wheelbase: 98.4 in.

• “The Ennezeta”; the last car on the Grifo production line in 1974
    • Utilizes features not seen on any other Iso Grifo
    • Tastefully modified for grand touring
    • Invited to The Quail in 2012 as part of the 50 years of Iso display

The Iso Grifo was a sportier and more powerful descendant of the Iso Rivolta, and it was graced with a gorgeous body designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro and a powertrain from the Chevrolet Corvette. Utilizing the best aspects of American and Italian automotive design, the Grifo managed to look both sensual and aggressive simultaneously, while also proving to be an exceptional grand touring automobile.

There’s no doubt that the Grifo on sale today boasts an incredibly unique and interesting history. This very car was the last of the 413 Grifos on the assembly line when the factory shut down in 1974. The car was left unfinished, and it departed the factory destined for Ennezeta, a well-known fabrication firm that was established by several former Iso employees who purchased the remaining parts from the factory. Under their custody, it became the last Iso Grifo produced, and it was later assigned a 1967-era VIN.

Additionally, this car boasts several special features that make it unique among Iso Grifos, namely the presence of a more traditional hood with a lower scoop rather than those with the “pagoda”-style hood seen on other 427- and 454-powered Grifos. This car also has rear brake cooling ducts, which were cut into the lower valence panels and are also a feature unique to this Grifo. It is believed to have been owned by Salvatore Diomante, Bizzarrini’s factory manager, during the 1980s, and it is believed that these features were installed on the car at this time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This car, nicknamed the “the Ennezeta” in Grifo owner’s circles, was purchased by its current owner in 2003, who immediately commissioned Autosport Designs, of Huntington Station, New York, to perform several modifications to make the car more comfortable to drive great distances. The factory ZF five-speed manual transmission was removed and a Richmond six-speed gearbox was installed in its place. All of its original components, including the shift knob and boot, were utilized to maintain cosmetic originality. In addition to an electronic ignition, a stereo with a trunk-mounted CD changer and speakers were discreetly installed underneath the parcel shelf. Maintaining the same level of discretion, the controller for the speakers is located in the ashtray and the speakers themselves can easily be hidden from view to not disrupt the overall original appearance of the car. It should also be noted that service receipts from Autosport Designs are included with the sale.

In 2012, the Ennezeta was invited to The Quail: A Motorsports Gathering as part of the special 50 Years of Iso Class, where it was displayed among other show-quality Isos. The car was very well received for its overall appearance and its important place in Iso Grifo history. In being the last car on the assembly line when Iso closed its doors in 1974, this Grifo holds a unique place in the history of the marque, and it is well known to other Grifo owners. This Iso Grifo boasts modern upgrades to make it more comfortable for long-distance driving. It is undoubtedly a unique piece of Iso Grifo history, and it would be ideal for the individual looking to enjoy long-distance touring as well as concours events.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duell; 04-06-2014 at 06:47 AM.

Does this car share its taillights with the Alfa Giulia? Both cars have quite nice back ends regardless...
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

The six speed manual is original, from the 1980's or a 21st century addition?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

In 2003 the factory ZF five-speed manual transmission was removed and a Richmond six-speed gearbox was installed in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    In 2003 the factory ZF five-speed manual transmission was removed and a Richmond six-speed gearbox was installed in its place.
    Oh, I hadn't seen the second post.

Thank you.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Oh, I hadn't seen the second post.

Thank you.
    Thats because I modified afterwards.

Thread Information