Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infiniti/Nissan

Infiniti/Nissan

This morning whilst on a break at work (7:00-ish), I saw a strange Nissan that I couldn't identify. It caught my attention when the guy came screaming down the street, then parked near me. The front was badged Nissan, but the rear was sporting an Infiniti badge. The body and rear looked very much like an Infiniti G35, but the nose looked like it was a US Altima.

Now, to my knowledge, Nissan sells nothing in Australia with a rear like this G35:

The fact that it had both a Nissan AND Infiniti badge confused me. Can anyone shed some light on this car? If I'm correct about Nissan not selling anything with a rear like that pictured above, then WTF did I see?

Thanks
    Last edited by adrenaline; 12-14-2007 at 08:51 PM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

cheap aftermarket shit, EoT
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Its an import. Was it 2 door or 4 door? Ive seen a few around as well. Either way, its an Infiniti G35/Nissan Skyline. Probably getting the same reception as Lexus SC400's used to get, with people sticking Soarer badges on them or something.
    I am the Stig

i actually think thats the rear of the g37, which is released already, right? but i have no idea about the badges.

http://www.diseno-art.com/images/Inf...ncept_rear.jpg
    http://image.automotive.com/f/miscel...-up-badges.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Its an import. Was it 2 door or 4 door? Ive seen a few around as well. Either way, its an Infiniti G35/Nissan Skyline. Probably getting the same reception as Lexus SC400's used to get, with people sticking Soarer badges on them or something.
    That's it! It was a V35 Skyline! Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    cheap aftermarket shit, EoT
    In Australia the only large sedan Nissan offer is the Maxima - the body being different to the G35/V35. We also don't have the Infiniti brand. I immediately thought it was a G35 by looking at the body, but the different nose threw me off.

Quote Originally Posted by chris98891
    i actually think thats the rear of the g37, which is released already, right? but i have no idea about the badges.
    It could be - I'm far from a Nissan expert.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

so what car was it?

first gen G35 / V35 GT350 Skyline?
    4 door or coupe?
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

It'd just be a Japanese imported one. Plenty of them here in NZ.

The jap import business is bigger than the new car business in NZ though. Here, you either import yourself and jump through hoops with getting it ADR compliant, or pay twice as much as its worth and buy it from someone who imported a batch of them.
    I am the Stig

I like infiniti's/Nissan, Ive owned 3 over the last 10 years, Looking at trading the Z on a G37 coupe

Welcome to UCP gavkiwi The G37 Coupe should be a blast - from what I've read it's quite good.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
    This morning whilst on a break at work (7:00-ish), I saw a strange Nissan that I couldn't identify. It caught my attention when the guy came screaming down the street, then parked near me. The front was badged Nissan, but the rear was sporting an Infiniti badge. The body and rear looked very much like an Infiniti G35, but the nose looked like it was a US Altima.

Now, to my knowledge, Nissan sells nothing in Australia with a rear like this G35:

The fact that it had both a Nissan AND Infiniti badge confused me. Can anyone shed some light on this car? If I'm correct about Nissan not selling anything with a rear like that pictured above, then WTF did I see?

Thanks
    What I'm sure of is, this car is a innovated one. It's like it was just an upgrade of someone not belonging to a car maker. Just look at the appearance, it's like Nissan wheels are just replaced and the body was just restructured.
    Last edited by Jack_Bauer; 03-21-2008 at 12:01 AM.

What's the deal with Nissan not going with the Skyline nameplate for the G35 anyway? Surely they could milk more sales out of it.

As in an Infiniti Skyline?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferous View Post
    What's the deal with Nissan not going with the Skyline nameplate for the G35 anyway? Surely they could milk more sales out of it.
    That wouldn't work. The Skyline isn't a luxury car. It's a sports coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    That wouldn't work. The Skyline isn't a luxury car. It's a sports coupe.
    No the Skyline was a family saloon right from the beggining (with other body styles available) which just happens to have a famous bonkers GT-R version.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information