Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australia Day 2008!!!

Australia Day 2008!!!

Gentlemen!

Australia Day will soon be upon us and I am taking the big Sam Kekovichs advice and taking the week off! Lamb me up!

Also in late breaking news...
    AUSTRALIA GETS DRUNK, WAKES UP IN NORTH ATLANTIC
    Tired of Being Isolated and Ignored, Continent Isn't Bloody Moving

Sydney, 800 miles S. of Nova Scotia (SatireWire.com) — After what witnesses described as an all night blinder during which it kept droning on about how it was always being bloody ignored by the whole bloody world and would bloody well stand to do something about it, Australia this morning woke up to find itself in the middle of the North Atlantic.

"Good Lord, that was a booze up," said a bleary-eyed Australian Prime Minister, K Rudd, speaking from his residence at Kirribilli House, approximately 600 nautical miles east of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina.

According to Australians and residents of several countries destroyed or lewdly insulted during the continent's nearly 7,000-mile saltwater stagger, the binge began just after noon yesterday at a pub in Brisbane, where several patrons were discussing Australia Day and the nation's general lack of respect from abroad.

"It started off same as always; coupla fossils saying how our Banjo Patterson was a better poet than Walt Whitman, how Con the Fruiterer is funnier than Seinfeld, only they're Aussies so no one knows about 'em," recalled witness Kevin Porter. "Then this bloke Martin pipes up and says Australia's main problem is that it's stuck in Australia, and everybody says 'Too right!'"

"Well, it made sense at the time," Porter added.

By 2 a.m., powered by national pride and alcohol, the 3-million-square-mile land mass was barging eastward through the Coral Sea and crossing into the central Pacific, leaving a trail of beer cans and Chinese take-away in its wake.

When dawn broke over the Northern Hemisphere, the continent suddenly found itself, not only upside down, but smack in the middle of the Atlantic, and according to most of its 19 million inhabitants, that's the way it's going to stay.

"We sent troops to Afghanistan. You never hear about it. We have huge government scandals. You never hear about it. It's all 'America did this,' and 'Europe says that,'" exclaimed Perth resident Paul Watson. "Well, we're right in the thick of things now, so let's just see if you can you ignore us."

Officials on both sides of the Atlantic conceded that would be difficult. "They broke Florida," said U.S. State Department spokesman Richard Boucher. "And most of Latin America is missing."

Meanwhile, victims of what's already been dubbed the "Australian Crawl" are still shaking off the event.

"Australia bumped into us at about midnight local time," said Hawaii governor Ben Cayetano. "They were very friendly — they always seem friendly — but they refused to go around unless we answered their questions. But the questions were impossible. 'Who is Ian Thorpe? Do you have any Tim Tams? What day is Australia Day?'"

"Fortunately, somebody here had an Unimportant World Dates calendar and we aced the last one," Cayetano added.

Panama, however, was not so lucky.

"Australia came through here screaming curses at us to let them through," said Ernesto Carnal, who guards the locks at the entrance to the Panama Canal. "We said they would not fit, so they demanded to speak with a manager. When I go to find Mr. Caballos, they sneak the whole continent through."

When Caballos shouted to the fleeing country that it had not paid, Australia "accidentally" backed up and took out every nation in the region, as well as the northern third of Venezuela. They then made up a cheery song about it.

By late morning today, however, not everyone in Australia was quite so blithe. "We've still got part of Jamaica stuck to Queensland," said Australian army commander Lt. Gen. Peter Cosgrove. "I think we might have declared war on it. I don't bloody remember. Maybe it's time to go home."

Cosgrove, however, is not in the majority, and at press time, U.S., African, and European leaders were still desperately trying to negotiate for Australia's withdrawal. But the independent-minded Aussies were not making it easy. In a two-hour meeting at midday, Australian representatives listed their demands: immediate inclusion in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, a permanent CNN presence in all 6 Australian states, a worldwide ban on hiring Paul Hogan, a primetime U.S. television contract for Australian Rules Football, and a 4,500-mile-long bridge between Sydney and Los Angeles.

U.S. negotiators immediately walked out, calling the Australian Rules Football request "absurd."
    Last edited by Blue Supra; 01-15-2008 at 10:06 PM.
    The Datto will rage again...

<3 satire wire

i'll be doing work on the cars all week..still
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I'll either be in Melbourne, or still in the car on my way there.

I shall be incredibly tired and hungover in a Sydney hotel room after the BDO the day before, then probably gonna hit the JJJ Hottest 100 broadcast in Hyde Park.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

River - drinking, wakeboarding, sleeping, BBQing some baby sheep
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

I'm working Can you believe it!

Ah well, I'll get drunk that night.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I'll be heading to Canberra for a fast stop and some elbows flying, Then I'll be boarding a ANZAC class heading into the Southern Ocean to give the Japanese Whalers a peace of my mind foot elbow and missiles.. (Clutch monkey would maybe wont in to man the 5in Gun and 50 Cal)

But after that i guess I'll just be heating up the BBQ with some Steak hamburgers onions (Farts) Some nicely cooked Spuds, Some steamed Vegetables a nice cold Diet coke (caffeine free) Family and some crackers annoy the wanks next door..
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

That "Breaking News" story is a crack up!
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

looks like tassie squashed part of canada.

And too right calling VFL absurd id rather whatch their emascualtion of rugby
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Never mind canada! we destroyed central america and florida!!!
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    Never mind canada! we destroyed central america and florida!!!
    Never mind Canada? You crushed central Nova Scotia!

who cares? Its Nova Scotia!
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Who cares about the VFL, It's the AFL now.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    Who cares about the VFL, It's the AFL now.
    Pull the other one next youll be trying to tell me cricket is not boring :O
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

I'll be in Las Vegas. It will be epic.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Thread Information